• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

REQ: How to combine LOR EE Blu-rays into one ISO

Maltese

Wasn't sure if this was the place to post this question.

Has anyone tried to combine the new Blu-ray Lord of the Rings Extended Editions into one ISO?

There is BdEdit, but I have never used it.

If someone has successfully done this, would you mind sharing the process?

TIA.

You can't join them 'as is' you might be able to take the main movie files and add them both into something like tsmuxer and get it to give a Blu-ray output, but you'd then need to work out all the chapter points for both films and add them in manually

Sorry I should have posted more info.

I have used BDRebuilder to extract just the movie, DTS HD track, and subtitles. BdRebuilder also recreates:
AUXDATA
BACKUP
BDJO
CLIPINF
JAR
META
PLAYLIST
STREAM
index.bdmv
MovieObject.bdmv

Both Part 1 & Part 2 of Fellowship of the Ring EE have the same 00000.m2ts files in their respective STREAM folders.

Like I said, you can't just merge them, you'd need to take both m2ts or mpls files into TSMuxer and try exporting out using that. Just rename one of the m2ts files before bringing it into TSmuxer. You can't keep the menu's, popups or chapters, and would need to add chapters in manually if you wanted to keep them at the same points remembering to add in the time offset on the second movie

Last edited:
Working on joining them with TsMuxer. It seems you do not need to rename the original m2ts files as the path is different when mounting as two drives.

I will post what happens. I heard someone else tried this and there was a sync issue of some sort.

Well technically this works. But due to the splitting; the discs have a built in black video section that is not present in the theatrical version.

Need to trim this down somehow. But it does work combining. Will tackle this tonight and post step by step instructions for those that want to do this. Wow this thing is 3 hours and 48 minutes long for 1st movie, and weighs in at over 60GB stripped.

Edit: Trimming off 5 seconds of video from Part 1. Then will re-join to see what final result will be. May have to play with ms to get it right.

Last edited:
I had a similar thought but I'm going to try it with MKV's. Curious as to how you guys make out with the movie only concept of this. With m2ts files I'm with Adbear on this one in that you should really run it through eac3to to combine the streams. It'll fix the audio gaps.

Edit: Trimming off 5 seconds of video from Part 1. Then will re-join to see what final result will be. May have to play with ms to get it right.

VideoReDo 4 is a nice piece of software to cut/join AVC files on a visible timeline without re-encoding, but it costs $96.

Like I said, you can't just merge them, you'd need to take both m2ts or mpls files into TSMuxer and try exporting out using that. Just rename one of the m2ts files before bringing it into TSmuxer. You can't keep the menu's, popups or chapters, and would need to add chapters in manually if you wanted to keep them at the same points remembering to add in the time offset on the second movie

I've tried this with TSmuxer and although it "works" the audio on the second half is out of sync. I've heard others complain of the same thing

I have discovered the exact steps for flawless merging. Tested with PowerDVD11 Ultra.

Step 1) Use BDRebuilder v. 0.38.03 with AnyDVDHD to create Movie Only Blu-ray ISO of Part 1 & Part 2

Step 2) Configure Virtual CloneDrive to use 2 drives (for mounting 2 ISOs at same time). *You can do this one at a time if you like.

Step 3) Mount both Part 1 & Part 2 ISOs.

*Stripping Part 1 of FOTR EE* - removes trailing 5 seconds of blank video
Step 4) Open TsMuxerGui.exe (I used version 1.10.6)

Step 5) Click Add Button, then navigate to DRIVE Letter\BDMV\STREAM\00000.M2TS for Part 1

Step 6) Click on Split & Cut Tab

Step 7) Change End to 6338 seconds (not Minutes, or ms).

Step 8) Select Ouput type: Blu-ray

Step 9) Set output path for Stripped Part 1, and click ok.

Step 10) Close TsMuxerGui when complete (to reset settings)

Removed stripping of 2nd Disc since it is not needed so I removed these steps.

*Combining Part 1 & 2 of FOTR EE*
Step 11) Open TsMuxerGui

Step 12) Click Add Button, then navigate to Folder Location from step 9\BDMV\STREAM\00000.M2TS (for Part 1)

Step 13) Click Join Button, then naviate to Drive Letter\BDMV\STREAM\00000.M2TS (for Part 2)

Step 14) Select Ouput type: Blu-ray

Step 15) Set output path for combined movie ie: FELLOWSHIP_OF_THE_RING_EXT_ALL, and click ok

Step 16) Use ImageBurn to create ISO of combined movie folder.

Here are the trim settings for each LOTR EE Blu-rays Part 1 discs:

FOTR EE Part 1 end = 6338 seconds
TTT EE Part 1 end = 6396 seconds
ROTK EE Part 1 end = 7656 seconds

Last edited:
for some reason doing that same thing makes my dune player not happy

What about it doesn't it like? Does it play at all?

Perhaps it's a limit of 50GB? Dune may be thinking all BD are 50GB or less? Will test. If it fails I will call Mike.

I had a similar thought but I'm going to try it with MKV's. Curious as to how you guys make out with the movie only concept of this. With m2ts files I'm with Adbear on this one in that you should really run it through eac3to to combine the streams. It'll fix the audio gaps.

I just completed my merge. Tested with PowerDVD11 Ultra. No audio sync issues playing from Folder location.

ISO is almost done for Dune Player testing as well as PowerDVD as mounted ISO.

I just completed my merge. Tested with PowerDVD11 Ultra. No audio sync issues playing from Folder location.

ISO is almost done for Dune Player testing as well as PowerDVD as mounted ISO.

Very nice! Hope it works will for you guys.

Very nice! Hope it works will for you guys.

Mounted ISO played perfect in PowerDVD11 Ultra.

Tested with Dune Player just fine. Not sure what everyone else is doing, but my problem is solved. Onto the Two Towers.

Last edited:
Mounted ISO played perfect in PowerDVD11 Ultra

Right I meant in relation to getting it working on the dune player. I'm not sure when I'll get to mess with it myself. Going away for the weekend but maybe when I get back on monday I'll give it a shot.

What about it doesn't it like? Does it play at all?

Perhaps it's a limit of 50GB? Dune may be thinking all BD are 50GB or less? Will test. If it fails I will call Mike.

audio sync worked fine on the first half, but the second half it was really off

Back