• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

REQ: How to combine LOR EE Blu-rays into one ISO

Dan,

What are you using to watch the iso's on? I tested with PowerDVD 11.

I also tested with Dune using BD rebuilder. I haven't the DVDFab versions on the Dune player just yet.

Dan,

What are you using to watch the iso's on? I tested with PowerDVD 11.

I also tested with Dune using BD rebuilder. I haven't the DVDFab versions on the Dune player just yet.

I'm using Arcsoft TMT5 on one machine. I can test on another machine and/or with PowerDVD 11 tonight. ROTK EE is perfect.

FORCED ELVISH --> ENG SUBS

I have the Oz version and found an issue that the "forced subs" for English translations of Elvish are infact not forced at all but a completely separate Sub Title stream that is the second Eng sub on each Disc except for D2 of TT where it for some unknown reason is the 16th!

Anyway, I demuxed these subs, marked them as forced and then muxed them back in based on Maltese's cut and chapter info (thanks!). I have attached these forced sub streams to save others the time (note: I do get a few black frames on the merge point between the discs so I don't know if the timing is exactly the same between Maltese and my Oz version).

Attachments

• LOTR_Forced_Subs.zip
    722.1 KB · Views: 20
Forced subs normally are a separate subtitle stream that is forced on, that's what it means. As to the track number it really doesn't matter what number it's on as long as the player is told which one it should be

My version of LOTR does not have the forced subs internally flagged, on this version they are apparently selected by the menu as they are just another sub stream....so when re-authoring I need to flag the subs as such to be automatically selected by nevcairiel's LAVsplitter.

So if you watch the Blu-ray from the disc in a set top player when it hits the Elvish parts it doesn't play any subtitles unless you've turned them on in the menu? That would be very strange

The originals would work fine in a Full Player (HW or SW) but do not work with LAVSplitter. The reauthored ones would not work with any player unless I flag the sub stream as forced.

This isn't such a strange concept. DVD's did this all the time. When playing from the menu, it would set the audio and subtitle tracks. The same thing is happening on jmone's blu-rays. Of course, it makes me want to beat whoever mastered them like this. Morons.

I'm happy to join in the beating session! I especially like how that made just one disc Track 16 to keep us on our toes!

Can someone help me out on how to deal with audio sync issues? I tried the instructions from post 116 and 120, but I keep getting async audio for the second part. :confused:

i too am getting the same issue with audio sync on the second half of ttt. i can't seem to figure out why. fotr is perfect, both ttt files are perfect before the JOIN and then join seems to screw up the second half of audio. i played both ttt files separately after they were edited (cut) and they work perfect. only after i join with tsmuxergui do i get this issue. is there any other program that can join 2 files together? i already have them cut so all i need to do is join them.

thanks.

not sure if this has been covered in this thread, with regard to making the EE's of these movies as ISO files, how do you then convert the ISO to an mp4 or mkv ? or an alternative method of getting the 2 parts of each movie done in mp4/mkv then cropping the first part and combining with the second part to create a single file ....

i don't have virtual clone drive, i use anydvdhd along with bd rb and/or ripbot to make my mp4's

i too am getting the same issue with audio sync on the second half of ttt. i can't seem to figure out why. fotr is perfect, both ttt files are perfect before the JOIN and then join seems to screw up the second half of audio. i played both ttt files separately after they were edited (cut) and they work perfect. only after i join with tsmuxergui do i get this issue. is there any other program that can join 2 files together? i already have them cut so all i need to do is join them.

thanks.

after a lot of trial and error, i was able to fix the lip sync issue on TTT simply by cutting off the end time on the first disc by 1 second. i used 6396s and that cured the problem. just in case anyone is still having this issue, try this and see if it works. if tsmuxer is still messing up the joined file you could use the program MULTIAVCHD as it has the same functions.

Thanks Yraen. For anyone that names your .txt chapters before you mux, you can skip 13-15. If you don't want to apply the chapter name but use eac3to + Mkv Merge, I'd recommend you at least name them all with the numbers before muxing as it will save time.

Also, I'd recommend cutting off the front of the second video around 2 seconds (rather than 1/2) as there are 48 frames before the video starts.

** Edit july5: I have just done ROTK and have validated that disc 2 there that the video starts on the 25th frame as well so it looks like all the movies should have 2 seconds cut off the beginning of the second disc in addition to the cut time at the end of the first disc as specifed by Maltese.
So in MKV Merge, you would click Enable Splitting in the Global tab, set the time to 00:00:02 and then set the Max # of Files to 2.

Don't you mean 1 second for ROTK?

The biggest problem I've encountered with using both the TSMuxer and the MKMerge methods is that mkvalidator doesn't like the output file. Even after running mkclean --optimize, mkvalidator produces loads of errors. And if I'm reading the output right, mkvinfo can't see past the join point, which might be related. Not sure why, or what to do about it.

For example:

ERR080: Unknown element [5E][4C] at 23742876092 size 121

and

ERR312: CueEntry Track #1 and timecode 5646057 ms not found

Best,
Kythe

Timestamp Offset

Here is a small html/javascript tool I made to adjust the timestamps for subtitles on the second disc of each movie. It expects timestamps in the standard .srt format of "Hour:Minute:Second,Millisecond" and offsets each occurrence by the specified time.

Attachments

• timestamp.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Success and Thanks

As the title says, I had success from the first try. I did a main movie strip of both parts (with primary hd audio only and reconditioned to 25gb each), tsmuxer the first part to 6338 (i just used the original trim you posted) and joined the both together and burned to iso (gave me 46gb file). No problem whatsoever. Subtitles great, audio great and the separation between the 2 files is very minimal, just enough to know that the second part is starting. I opted for 5 min chapters, easier. Thanks so much for your efforts, very much appreciated! :rock:

after a lot of trial and error, i was able to fix the lip sync issue on TTT simply by cutting off the end time on the first disc by 1 second. i used 6396s and that cured the problem. just in case anyone is still having this issue, try this and see if it works. if tsmuxer is still messing up the joined file you could use the program MULTIAVCHD as it has the same functions.

The trick to get sinc audio with tsmuxer is to put the original Bluray into your drive and join them off the disk LIVE. if you iso it it will throw it out of sink. I was successful in merging the whole universe series on bluray with this method getting rid of the annoying menu for each episode. If you mount an iso then the second track WILL not line up with the video. Hope thi s helps.

Example

file1.m2ts + file2.m2ts + file3.m2ts
use the join tab then mux it to bluray option.

Any more questions please ask...

Just an added sidenote: Once you try my method you can do whatever with the file afterwords like put it in a mkv container.
You can use command line to allow ea3to to join files as well if there are many blurays merged into one.

http://avchdvideos.blogspot.ca/p/creating-batch-file.html

http://avchdvideos.blogspot.ca/p/joining-my-avchd-videos.html

Last edited:
Back