• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

REQ: How to combine LOR EE Blu-rays into one ISO

Subtitles are working in both 1st and 2nd parts of joined ISO.

There are now 46 chapters in combined ISO.

Total movie time is 3H48M13S.

but are the subtitles and chapter markers for the second half in the right place? (Thanks for checking these. I'm just asking now what I know others will be asking later)

This is near flawless. I welcome anyone to improve (if possible) and report their steps.

but are the subtitles and chapter markers for the second half in the right place?

Yes. The Chapters may be off 2-3 seconds since I trimmed the 1st part. Subtitles are dead on.

There is NO WAY that one can just merge the two without trimming part of the movie on each "Part 1" blu-ray, AND make it feel seamless like in the Theatrical version. They padded each "Part 1" discs with 3-5 seconds of blank video.

It's not the same on each disc either. Two Towers screen goes blank but music still trails off. So I'm only testing 3 seconds of trim, and 0 seconds of trim on part 2. We'll see how "seamless" my 1st attempt is on the Two Towers. Will start it and head to bed. Test in the morning.

Last edited:
Thanks, didn't want to come over as pushy or anything, but I know others will be asking these questions so I thought it easier to get them out of the way whilst you were online

No problem. There may be a way to create less of a "gap", but by doing so the video flickered which was unacceptable to me. The gap is maybe a tad over 1 second. It's REALLY close to theatrical in same break point.

So if someone who is experienced has a better way, please share.

Just did Two Towers. The Transition Gap looks really good.

Used 6396 Seconds for Part 1. Did not trim Part 2.

Will tackle ROTK EE tomorrow.

Awesome work Maltese! I plan to try your procedures when I get some time :) Thx for the work so far!

ROTK EE trim settings.

Part 1: end = 7656 seconds
Part 2: no trim

Updated my "Guide" on page 2 with final steps and times to trim to remove the studio gaps.

Should work for other 2 disc movies. I could care less about menus.... perhaps someone may want to tackle that and share as there may be others that want menus ?!?

Last edited:
So where my process differed from yours was that i was using DVDFab to make a movie only version of the ISO.

I tried to walk through the steps using BDRebuilder, but that seems to want to re-encode the movie. Is that correct ?

That's because that's the job of bd-rebuilder. It's a recoding tool, not reauthor tool. Big difference

hmmm yea, that's not what I want at all. I want all my pure blu ray goodness.

I use BD-Rebuilder for 1:1. I set my output folder size to 60GB to ensure no compression is used. Set on highest quality (very slow).

I can't see a difference between the original and backup.

I have not tried DVDFab or ClownBD. I have both. Does it work substituting BD-rebuilder for DVDFab?

are you sure you're really getting 1:1 ? If you're just getting a giant re-encoded version, that seems to be a waste when you can just get the un-encoded version at the same size.

BD Rebuilder only re-encodes if the output size is set to smaller than the disc size, so setting the output size to 60GB will give you an untouched output

Last edited:
I used BD Rebuilder because Clown had an issue once (sure it was fixed), but I stuck with BD Rebuilder.

Nice job Maltese. I was doing an mkv version of this for FOTR when I read this thread. Thanks for the times needed to trim from the files.

If you don't mind I'll use this thread to list the steps needed for joining a mkv. I'll just cover the first movie since you must trim both discs.

1. Create both mkvs using whatever programs you prefer.
2. Open FOTR part 1 in mkvmerge.
3. Set the output filename to what you want.
4. Note the number of chapters (27).
5. On the global tab, check Enable splitting... ...after this duration. Place 6338s in the box.
6. Start muxing.
7. When complete, close mkvmerge and open FOTR part 2 in mkvmerge. I tend to close it between uses so I don't miss a setting I needed to clear from the last step.
8. Set the output filename to what you want.
9. On the global tabe, check Enable splitting... ...after this duration. Place 00:00:00.500 in the box.
10. In the max. number of files box place 2. This is important as without it you will end up with a lot of files 1/2 a second long.
11. Start muxing.
12. When complete close mkvmerge and open it again.
13. Go to the Chapter Editor tab and drag the FOTR part 2 mkv into the chapters box.
14. Select each chapter in order, changing the name to the next number after the number of chapters in FOTR part 1. Chapter 1 becomes Chapter 28, Chapter 2 becomes Chapter 29, etc.
15. Once finished, on the menu click Chapter Editor > Save.
16. Close mkvmerge and open FOTR part 1 in mkvmerge.
17. Click append and add FOTR part 2.
18. Set the output filename to what you want.
19. Start muxing.

Maltese was kind enough to share the trim times you will need for splitting the next two movies also. I have no sync issues and the files play flawless in MPC-HC for me. All chapter points (that I checked, I didn't check all of them) before and after work fine. I can't speak for the subtitles as I didn't keep them.

Surely you need to keep some subtitles for the elvish parts otherwise you don't know what they are saying

Surely you need to keep some subtitles for the elvish parts otherwise you don't know what they are saying

I believe they are hard coded into the picture. I vaguely remember not having subtitles turned on, and during the Elvish tongue I saw English text.

Back