• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Red 2

"RENTAL" was removed, yes, & so was my sys info for personal reasons, but you're welcome.

Editing a logfile is a bad idea. There is nothing personal in them. Removing the sysinfo file also make it impossible to rule out a hardware problem. A modified logfile makes the log invalid.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Editing a logfile is a bad idea. There is nothing personal in them. Removing the sysinfo file also make it impossible to rule out a hardware problem. A modified logfile makes the log invalid.

Thank you for not bashing me or insinuating I have a cracked version of AnyDVDHD or illegally d/l'd copy of a movie. As for future logfiles, Duly noted!

that can also be determined via the logfiles yes (though i myself don't know what to look for in a logfile to determine that, i don't work for slysoft), but editing a logfile makes it and you look more suspicious if you know what i mean. I'm not accusing you of anything, i'm just saying that editing logfiles makes it look like the poster has something to hide :)

that can also be determined via the logfiles yes (though i myself don't know what to look for in a logfile to determine that, i don't work for slysoft), but editing a logfile makes it and you look more suspicious if you know what i mean. I'm not accusing you of anything, i'm just saying that editing logfiles makes it look like the poster has something to hide :)

Yeah, I was only hiding my name/last name since I noticed it was contained within the sys info folder and removed the other word for more obvious reasons. I remember when they 1st started this forum years ago when that word wasn't ever to be used on here "rent" but I see now it's like, No big deal. I prefer to keep it like it was. Better safe than sorry because everyone already knows who's watching!!!!!

Anywho, back on topic, my logfile "appears" to be "very" similar to Techlife's.

Last edited:
Heh its not unusual to see a rental logfile. It's still considered fair use here if you make a backup of a rental disc on the condition that you own the original but for some reason it's defective and you can't backup the original. That's why some users make a backup of a rental. No big deal.

Yeah, I was only hiding my name/last name since I noticed it was contained within the sys info folder ...

Really? That's not intended. (Unless your last name is "disc" or "usb" or ... :) )
Can you tell me where? Some temp directory name?

No harm in posting a logfile from a rental disc, lots of people use none licensed players (XBMC/JRiver/MPC etc) for playback, so AnyDVD HD would be needed for this :)
It actually did more harm editing the disc title as it made us think you had a completely different disc, when indeed you seem to have the same disc as 'Techlife'.

For anybody interested I have edited my initial post with updated information of known discs and correct playlists ;)

Its not a patch on its own but it contains certain info about the disc, and the system anydvd is installed on and anydvd itself. With that info the developers can try to fix the problem with the disc unless it's a defective disc.

Really? That's not intended. (Unless your last name is "disc" or "usb" or ... :) )
Can you tell me where? Some temp directory name?

Yes I can.

It captures the user name in several different locations. The 1st 2 locations are from executable files on my system. 1st location is: PID: 3004: SearchProtection.exe SearchProtection.exe (C:\Users\This is where my name appears\AppData\Roaming\Search Protection\SearchProtection.exe).
2nd location is from my Magic Jack.exe file. PID: 3592: magicJack.exe magicJack.exe (C:\Users\This is where my name appears again\AppData\Roaming\mjusbsp\magicJack.exe). I'm not sure what SearchProtection.exe is. Magic Jack is for my phone.

The other locations are towards the bottom of the logfile under the captured Anydvd settings:
RipperDest: C:\Users\My name\Videos\Name of Video.
RipperDestFile: C:\Users\My Name\Videos\Name of Video\Rip\Name of Video.iso
AdvObjDest: C:\Users\Name\Documents\AnyDVDHD
AdvObjTemp: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Temp\AnyDVDHD

I'm sure it's probably not intentional but it is captured and I removed it for personal reasons.

Yes I can.

It captures the user name in several different locations. The 1st 2 locations are from executable files on my system. 1st location is: PID: 3004: SearchProtection.exe SearchProtection.exe (C:\Users\This is where my name appears\AppData\Roaming\Search Protection\SearchProtection.exe).
2nd location is from my Magic Jack.exe file. PID: 3592: magicJack.exe magicJack.exe (C:\Users\This is where my name appears again\AppData\Roaming\mjusbsp\magicJack.exe). I'm not sure what SearchProtection.exe is. Magic Jack is for my phone.

The other locations are towards the bottom of the logfile under the captured Anydvd settings:
RipperDest: C:\Users\My name\Videos\Name of Video.
RipperDestFile: C:\Users\My Name\Videos\Name of Video\Rip\Name of Video.iso
AdvObjDest: C:\Users\Name\Documents\AnyDVDHD
AdvObjTemp: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Temp\AnyDVDHD

I'm sure it's probably not intentional but it is captured and I removed it for personal reasons.

Odd.
AnyDVD normally does this, to protect your privacy:

AdvObjDest: C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\AnyDVDHD

The name should never appear.
The devs might want to look into this.

Odd.
AnyDVD normally does this, to protect your privacy:

AdvObjDest: C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\AnyDVDHD

The name should never appear.
The devs might want to look into this.
From my own logfiles, I know this has been done since at least version 7.2.3.1 (and quite likely earlier). Apparently the poster either failed to notice the change, or has something else to hide... :confused:

From my own logfiles, I know this has been done since at least version 7.2.3.1 (and quite likely earlier). Apparently the poster either failed to notice the change, or has something else to hide... :confused:

... or there is a bug, and it doesn't work under certain circumstances.

... or there is a bug, and it doesn't work under certain circumstances.

There is definitely a bug, I've checked a few logfiles I had (even from the last couple of betas) and a couple seem to slip through unchanged, although the majority are replaced with xxxxx.

Last edited:
If possible try playing it (original disc) with AnyDVD disabled, so we can eliminate the player as the problem ;)

I can confirm that beta version 7.3.7.3 appears to have solved the problem with the RED_2_RENTAL disks in the US. The rip now plays in Nero Blu-Ray Player (bundled with Nero 12). Disregard caps below as they were taken before the beta was applied. Thanks a million, folks!

Attachments

• Cap1.JPG
    Cap1.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Cap2.JPG
    Cap2.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Can't seem to open this title with Handbrake 0.9.8

As background, the only thing I do with AnyDVD / my DVDs is rip the main title (usually auto-detected) using Handbrake on Win XP. I know there's plenty else I could do or try, but frankly that is all my time permits, and this works for me > 99.9% of the time.

With that said, AnyDVD doesn't appear to open this title so that Handbrake can read it. (The disc is "Red 2," Region 1, apparent part #2028948 screened on disc). I've attached the AnyDVD log, and the Handbrake encode log. HB selects title #28. AnyDVD doesn't seem to enumerate that many titles, but I really don't know what it does under the hood - the logs will obviously show you who know what to look for. Thanks!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.3.7.3_Info_E_RED_2.ziplog
    814.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Red2_Handbrake098_encode_log.txt
    10.4 KB · Views: 6
hi im new but i also have issues with handbrake and anydvd.

attached are my log files any help would be great

this is RED 2 (redbox rental)

handbrake version 0.9.9.5530 (64 bit version)

AnyDVD HD 7.3.7.3 (BDPHash.bin 13-11-18)

Attachments

• Red2_Handbrake098_encode_log.txt
    10.4 KB · Views: 6
  • RED 2.m4v 12-1-2013 8-43-19 AM.txt
    13.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
hi im new but i also have issues with handbrake and anydvd.

attached are my log files any help would be great

this is RED 2 (redbox rental)

handbrake version 0.9.9.5530 (64 bit version)

AnyDVD HD 7.3.7.3 (BDPHash.bin 13-11-18)

It would be extremely considerate of you to tell us what exactly your issues are ;)

It would be extremely considerate of you to tell us what exactly your issues are ;)

i apologize. when i try to rip using handbrake it copies only 1 sec and completes and without any of the video properly converted if that makes sense.

on anydvd it say it is decrypted but on handbrake from what i understand from the logs it is still encrypted

The disc is getting decrypted, but there's an issue with this disc. The disc uses seamless branching and the very first file in the list uses different audio to the rest of the film so you can't make a 'movie only' by using a standard playlist. On my disc I had to determine the correct playlist, then look at the m2ts files used in that play list, then go into TSMuxer and load in all the files in order except the first one (it's only a logo so you don't miss anything). I then got TSMuxer to export it out as Blu-ray format which then worked

Back