• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Red 2

At first it didn't make sense as the good playlist on the disc from the other thread has a runtime of 01:56:03, but on closer inspection it includes a 00:14 file at the beginning, that could possibly be a DTS or studio intro, that's not actually part of the movie, removed that would make the runtime 1:55:49 ;) The closest 'good' playlist on this disc is 679 (1:55:48.941), so that might well be the correct one :confused:

Now I'm confused: you're identifying the correct playlist by length.
But... there are 201 playlists with the exact same length on this disc :confused:

I futzed around with it quite a bit before getting the working list but about 95% sure this is it

What did that "futzing around" of yours involve? Did you actually watch the pieces to see, which ones matched best?

What did that "futzing around" of yours involve? Did you actually watch the pieces to see, which ones matched best?

Initial futzing was me just being lazy and looking here and a couple of other places to see if anyone knew which was the right mpls. When none of the ones I saw suggested worked using JRiver or MPC (most start with that 14 second file which seems to be there to throw off the audio track selection, couple of others were out of order and/or contained the copyright warning) I finally got to the point I just wanted to watch the **** movie so did it manually as you guessed. Separated out the chunks that obviously didn't belong which left a more manageable number. From that group pulled any that didn't have a dts-hd track and luckily the 15 that remained all 'belonged' and were pretty easy to arrange doing quick checks of the lead-in and lead-out.

There may be some elegant solution using the existing tools but this is the first time I've run into a movie with this type of 'protection' where a couple of quick searches didn't find someone that had already posted a solution so I'm not terribly proficient with any of them (the tools). BDInfo picks 00123 which initially plays correctly but has a 30 second copyright message 4:34 in and then (I believe) has things out of order if you go further into the movie.

Now I'm confused: you're identifying the correct playlist by length.
But... there are 201 playlists with the exact same length on this disc :confused:

I am narrowing down the playlists to the 16 listed in the Status window (Thanks Slysoft ;) ).
I then compared all those playlists stream layouts side by side to look for anything that stands out to me - First only 3 playlists have stream files in unique positions, so I eliminated the others, out of the remaining 3 playlists, only 1 had 2 stream files in unique positions, that playlist was 00674.mpls, see this image below for clarification (bold/highlighted are unique stream positions)

YfUvZpVl.jpg
Full size here

To make clear this is just my thinking/theory, I do not have the disc in any form, I am just going by what I see inside the log file provided here, I could be completely wrong. If I had the disc I would know the correct layout within 5 minutes.

Octong777 has watched the movie and has confirmed that the stream layout from post #19 is the correct working layout, this layout matches only 674, so I think that confirms it.

674 is not correct for the disc in this thread though, only for the disc here

The disc in this thread is easy if someone with the disc could confirm the runtime with AnyDVD disabled. iTunes list the runtime at 1:55:49, which closely matches 00679.mpls, so it could possibly be that. Without the disc, or more info this one is difficult (for me at least, probably not for Slysoft)

Initial futzing was me just being lazy and looking here and a couple of other places to see if anyone knew which was the right mpls. When none of the ones I saw suggested worked using JRiver or MPC (most start with that 14 second file which seems to be there to throw off the audio track selection, couple of others were out of order and/or contained the copyright warning) I finally got to the point I just wanted to watch the **** movie so did it manually as you guessed. Separated out the chunks that obviously didn't belong which left a more manageable number. From that group pulled any that didn't have a dts-hd track and luckily the 15 that remained all 'belonged' and were pretty easy to arrange doing quick checks of the lead-in and lead-out.

I only looked at the log file from one of these two discs, but I doubt there is that much of a differenct (other than a different numbering).
All clips involved have DTS-HD, except for that 14 second clip up front - which I'm sure is just the Fox logo intro or something similar.
The reason for there not to be DTS-HD on it is definitely not to throw anyone off, that would be silly and impracticable.

I am narrowing down the playlists to the 16 listed in the Status window (Thanks Slysoft ;) ).
I then compared all those playlists stream layouts side by side to look for anything that stands out to me - First only 3 playlists have stream files in unique positions, so I eliminated the others, out of the remaining 3 playlists, only 1 had 2 stream files in unique positions, that playlist was 00674.mpls, see this image below for clarification (bold/highlighted are unique stream positions)

YfUvZpVl.jpg
Full size here

To make clear this is just my thinking/theory, I do not have the disc in any form, I am just going by what I see inside the log file provided here, I could be completely wrong. If I had the disc I would know the correct layout within 5 minutes.

Octong777 has watched the movie and has confirmed that the stream layout from post #19 is the correct working layout, this layout matches only 674, so I think that confirms it.

674 is not correct for the disc in this thread though, only for the disc here

The disc in this thread is easy if someone with the disc could confirm the runtime with AnyDVD disabled. iTunes list the runtime at 1:55:49, which closely matches 00679.mpls, so it could possibly be that. Without the disc, or more info this one is difficult (for me at least, probably not for Slysoft)

I agree with Pete here: the runtime is not helping in any way, considering that the runtime is identical for all of the playlists (again, judging only from a look at one of the two log files, but still).
The unique clip layout may or may not mean something - other ScreenPass discs demonstrate that this is generally not a useful distinctive feature and if it is in this case - the Sony guys are snooping through this thread every day, so the next disc would definitely not be identifiable that way ;)

I'm just very careful with people saying that they are sure, a certain playlist is THE one. We had that before and it turned out to be wrong.
But Octong777 says himself, he's 95% sure, so that's a wise way to fomulate it :)

EDIT: after checking the other log file, I'll take it back: you're right, the runtimes of the different playlists there are indeed different. It's only the other disc, that has the duration all the same throughout the disc.

Last edited:
I agree with Pete here: the runtime is not helping in any way, considering that the runtime is identical for all of the playlists (again, judging only from a look at one of the two log files, but still).

Take a look at the log from this thread (completely different) Only a few playlists have matching runtimes unlike the other logfile, and none of the playlists from the status window have matching runtimes, so this one should be easy, and knowing the runtime would be important and very helpful.

Peer - Are you confident that the status window contains the correct playlist here?
Octong777 - Could you play the following stream files in the following order -
513.m2ts
501.m2ts
Let us know if they belong together.

Last edited:
Take a look at the log from this thread (completely different) Only a few playlists have matching runtimes unlike the other logfile, and none of the playlists from the status window have matching runtimes, so this one should be easy, and knowing the runtime would be important and very helpful.

Yes, you're right, I see that now.

Peer - Are you confident that the status window contains the correct playlist here?

Not 100% but 95 :)

Not 100% but 95 :)

OK, in that case I will revise my question to Octong777 - Could you play the following streams in this order -

Let me know if they are belong in that sequence, as this layout is unique to only 674, no other playlist on the disc has this layout (correct me if I'm wrong)

Octong777 - Could you play the following stream files in the following order -
513.m2ts
501.m2ts
Let us know if they belong together.

Yep. 513 into 501 is correct.

The comment about the reason for 514 being in there was just a (pretty uninformed) guess on my part. As I said earlier it's just an Entertainment One animated logo with 4 AC-3 audio tracks. Just to pile on even more of my non-technical observations ;) ... it doesn't 'look' like it belongs there.

Yep. 513 into 501 is correct.

Thanks :D 674 is the only playlist that could be correct that's listed in the status window, sorry but could you also try the following, and see if it is a correct sequence -

Thanks ;)

Thanks :D 674 is the only playlist that could be correct that's listed in the status window, sorry but could you also try the following, and see if it is a correct sequence -

Thanks ;)

Don't know if this is still needed but, yes, 674 is the only one that has what I got manually with the addition of that short clip at the beginning. However if you point either JRiver or MPC (only players I have handy) directly at 674 they only give audio options matching those in that first clip.

Please try AnyDVD 7.3.7.1. Thank you.

Just to clarify: this version should allow correct playback in "full disc mode".
It will not deliver the correct playlist any better.

Don't know if this is still needed but, yes, 674 is the only one that has what I got manually with the addition of that short clip at the beginning. However if you point either JRiver or MPC (only players I have handy) directly at 674 they only give audio options matching those in that first clip.

When you play the disc "normally" (licensed BD player) - is there any sound in the first 14 seconds at all?

I can confirm after watching the movie that the order found in 00674.mpls is correct. It is however important when ripping to a movie only copy that you skip the first clip 00514.m2ts. TSmuxer can't even detect the DTS HD stream when loading the mpls file which includes this clip. BD Rebuilder recognizes the DTS stream incorrectly as 5.1. Another minor problem is that the subs are out of sync towards the end of the movie. I used TSMuxer and added the clips individually in the following order

00505.m2ts
00502.m2ts
00509.m2ts
00507.m2ts
00513.m2ts
00501.m2ts
00510.m2ts
00512.m2ts
00506.m2ts
00508.m2ts
00504.m2ts
00074.m2ts
00515.m2ts
00511.m2ts
00503.m2ts

I can confirm after watching the movie that the order found in 00674.mpls is correct. It is however important when ripping to a movie only copy that you skip the first clip 00514.m2ts. TSmuxer can't even detect the DTS HD stream when loading the mpls file which includes this clip. BD Rebuilder recognizes the DTS stream incorrectly as 5.1. Another minor problem is that the subs are out of sync towards the end of the movie. I used TSMuxer and added the clips individually in the following order

00505.m2ts
00502.m2ts
00509.m2ts
00507.m2ts
00513.m2ts
00501.m2ts
00510.m2ts
00512.m2ts
00506.m2ts
00508.m2ts
00504.m2ts
00074.m2ts
00515.m2ts
00511.m2ts
00503.m2ts

That's an issue with BDRB and you need to report that in the bdrb thread at doom9. Nothing anydvd can do about it

Sounds like a crude attempt at a copy protection

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Just to feedback, AnyDVD (HD) 7.3.7.1 beta rip my copy without problems....

2 add my 2 cents with the US disc I have (actual run time of 1:55:48 ) using current versions of AnyDVDHD and BdRebuilder using movie-only option, the correct playlist after process of elimination for me was Playlist 577. Playlist order is 507, 504, 501, 517, 502, 511, 514, 513, 519, 508, 503, 512, 518, 516, & 510.

Last edited:
Back