• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Red 2

To expand upon this rather minimalist report...

I too have attempted to mount the widely available CHD iso image to a virtualclone drive with AnyDVD 7.3.7.0 running and found that it stays on black screen after brief display of the disc loading image (in this case a red colored gun). This happens with both PowerDVD13 [13.0.3313.58] (Region B) and ArcSoft TMT6 [6.5.1.150] (Region A). Have also tried same with AnyDVD exited with same black screen. No region complaints from players.

If you set AnyDVD to enable always SpeedMenu then you can select and play the main movie okay.

I'm using cyberlink powerdvd 12.

Its US

haven't tried disabling it and playing it.

To expand upon this rather minimalist report...

I too have attempted to mount the widely available CHD iso image to a virtualclone drive with AnyDVD 7.3.7.0 running and found that it stays on black screen after brief display of the disc loading image (in this case a red colored gun). This happens with both PowerDVD13 [13.0.3313.58] (Region B) and ArcSoft TMT6 [6.5.1.150] (Region A). Have also tried same with AnyDVD exited with same black screen. No region complaints from players.

If you set AnyDVD to enable always SpeedMenu then you can select and play the main movie okay.

Ok, we'll look into it.
Can you tell, which playlist is the correct movie (Speedmenus should display a bunch of them, but most should play out of order)

Ok, we'll look into it.
Can you tell, which playlist is the correct movie (Speedmenus should display a bunch of them, but most should play out of order)

Just a quick note - 3dom does not seem to have the original disc, nobody has tried playing the original disc with AnyDVD disabled yet.

Also there are two "Red 2" logfiles/disc posted on here, both seem to have a different stream/playlists, so the correct playlist/runtime will most likely be different for each one.

The log from the other thread seems to point to 674 as the correct movie playlist, but I am fairly certain that 674 is not correct for the disc in this thread, not sure what is correct with this particular disc, without knowing the runtime it's difficult (575, 578, 679, 682) seem the most likely.

My comments are assuming that at least one of the playlists listed in the status windows is correct ;)

Just a quick note - 3dom does not seem to have the original disc, nobody has tried playing the original disc with AnyDVD disabled yet.

Also there are two "Red 2" logfiles/disc posted on here, both seem to have a different stream/playlists, so the correct playlist/runtime will most likely be different for each one.

The log from the other thread seems to point to 674 as the correct movie playlist, but I am fairly certain that 674 is not correct for the disc in this thread, not sure what is correct with this particular disc, without knowing the runtime it's difficult (575, 578, 679, 682) seem the most likely.

My comments are assuming that at least one of the playlists listed in the status windows is correct ;)

Correct, I don't have the original disc, but thought the observation on an existing AnyDVD rip could be of value. (ANY! folder and disc.inf are present in the iso.) The rip in question, reading from SpeedMenu, lists Feature Track as Playlist 123 with Video AVC and Audio languages in order EN DTS-HD, FR AC3, EN AC3, EN AC3.

I'm certainly not complaining as it is not my personal backup, but clearly there seems to be yet another new disc "feature" to identify and address.

Last edited:
logfiles from unprotected iso's are useless. They need to be done from original discs or protected images.

I see you are trying to help, but the Speedmenu list will not be accurate on this protection, when not used on the original disc.
We still don't know if the original disc even works in a software player, until then it won't be a high priority for Slysoft, because they don't know for sure it's AnyDVD causing the problem.

From your logs, it seems like you have the same disc layout as the other thread and different to this one.

Try playing the feature track (123) from the Speedmenu and skip to 04:35 of the movie, I think you will see a copyright message (there is a fishy stream file between 04:35 & 05:04)

Played it in a normal player and it works perfect. tried speedmenu and it works.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.3.7.0_Info_D_RED_2.ziplog
    604.6 KB · Views: 11
Played it in a normal player and it works perfect. tried speedmenu and it works.

I'm assuming by 'normal player' you mean PDVD 12 with AnyDVD disabled and not a standalone hardware player?

If so then AnyDVD must not be handling the Java protection correctly, maybe something new. Strange as usually this protection lets the movie play for a few minutes and then shows a a copyright message.
Could also be a bug in the new superfluous files removal, maybe deleting something it shouldn't? :confused:

Either way it's probably going to need a Slysoft developer to take a look now and see what they think.

Sorry to bump this again, but I hate this annoying (and ineffective IMO) protection with a passion, and would love to see Slysoft fix it (again ;) ).

Pete - While you are waiting for a reply, It might be easier for Slysoft to look at the logfile in this thread (although from an older version of AnyDVD), I'm 99% certain that 674 is the correct title/playlist for that disc.

As far as this disc goes, I found this movie in the iTunes store, it lists the runtime at 1:55:49.

At first it didn't make sense as the good playlist on the disc from the other thread has a runtime of 01:56:03, but on closer inspection it includes a 00:14 file at the beginning, that could possibly be a DTS or studio intro, that's not actually part of the movie, removed that would make the runtime 1:55:49 ;) The closest 'good' playlist on this disc is 679 (1:55:48.941), so that might well be the correct one :confused:

xtremevideoinc117 - Could you possibly confirm the movie runtime when played on your normal player, once known for sure, it will be very easy to determine the correct playlist :D

Last edited:
Don't know if this helps but 1:55:49 is what I have after joining the 'good' pieces into a single file.

Take my observations with a grain of salt as I have (what some might consider) an overkill amount of storage space so rarely do anything more fancy than add or subtract audio/subtitle tracks to existing files but it does kinda look like that 14 second chunk at the beginning of most of the playlists is one of the problems. It's an 'Entertainment One' logo animation that has different audio streams than the good pieces and any mpls I tried that have it only gave me some squrirely looking audio options and no dts-hd. There are also a few files that are real movie scenes but only appear to have 2 channel AC-3.

Since none of the mpls I saw suggested as potential good candidates worked for me I just ended up pulling the pieces that appeared to have the correct streams, manually arranged them as a regular (not mpls) player, playlist. Watched the movie that way and when done and it appeared I had the sequence correct joined them into a single working file which gave me the play time given above.

Hope this helps, sorry if it didn't.

It's an 'Entertainment One' logo animation.
I just ended up pulling the pieces that appeared to have the correct streams.

Hope this helps, sorry if it didn't.

Thanks for the info, I thought the 14 second stream might be a studio logo. It maybe that the disc you (and others) have is not from a US source - Entertainment One are a known distributor for Lionsgate/Summit outside of the US.

Out of interest, could you post the correct stream order you used to play? Might be of help to Slysoft :confused:

I futzed around with it quite a bit before getting the working list but about 95% sure this is it

00505.m2ts
00502.m2ts
00509.m2ts
00507.m2ts
00513.m2ts
00501.m2ts
00510.m2ts
00512.m2ts
00506.m2ts
00508.m2ts
00504.m2ts
00074.m2ts
00515.m2ts
00511.m2ts
00503.m2ts

Thanks. That matches exactly what I originally thought - 00674.mpls is the only playlist with this layout , the only difference is it has the 14 second file (00514.m2ts) at the beginning. I think this confirms 674 is definitely correct for the disc here

Note - That layout is definitely not correct for the disc in this particular thread, there seems to be two different 'US' discs, although perhaps the other disc is Canadian and not US (Entertainment One & French secondary audio?)

I think Slysoft are probably waiting until the official release date (25th/26th) to comment on a fix, so I won't discuss this anymore.

Back