• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.5.5

Any information on what happens after November?
Will this become a product we can buy? Is there a set of features that you consider a goal to be reached before selling it?

I hope we have to pay for it! :D

It's the only way to honor all the hard work Slysoft puts in its products and their support! ;)

yeah, how much will Reclock cost ?

I hope it's not $5000, considering how few people seem to need it (badly) :D

BTW, the frame rate measurement doesn't work for .mov either(it works through DS though)

I don't have quicktime alternative installed.

Hi, sorry for the simple question...
Under Vista 32 Reclock works perfectly for me in PowerDVD8, but I cant get works in TheaterTek with DVD and SPDIF out. The icon don't want to appear in the traybar anymore.

In the past I used it perfectly in XP.

I'm loosing something?
TIA

You probably remember that you need to specify Reclock as the audio renderer in TT. I would guess that this new version is unable to exploit that "hook". Maybe Slysoft can fix, or you need to build a custom graph for each file type or we could wait for Andrew of TT to update the product to support Slysoft's version of Reclock.

As Andrew is just about invisible these days it would be really useful if Slysoft could comment on making their product compatible. Since TT was one of the first to build support of Reclock into its product and since TT is still one of the best DVD players out there (support for HD is another thing altogether:rolleyes:) there are a lot of TT users using Reclock and I think a lot of Reclock users using TT. There is a free trial version of TT to aid in testing.

If we can get an answer from Slysoft we can then try to reach Andrew, if needed.

You probably remember that you need to specify Reclock as the audio renderer in TT.
If TT allows to specify ReClock as the Renderer, then just do it. Nothing has changed.
As an alternative, let ReClock replace the default renderers and add TT to the inclusion list.

I wonder what his problem is then? From what you say I assume the CLSID for Reclock is unchanged. Right?

When it comes to DVDs and WMV (and some other ways) TT is not a straight forward DS player. It forces the filter chain. I will be interested to see if the latter method works.

I personally still have vsync issues on some files. I can only get a tearing free picture by using the Direct3D fullscreen setting in MPC-HC with vmr9, that means I have to use reclock in direct draw mode too. Tried with all the other renderers, and only d3d fullscreen would work on these files. Overlay mixer seems unaffected for some reason but the cpu usage kicks up a lot.

These files a 23.976fps, and I'm using a plasma screen set @ 24Hz.

Also, Auto detection of the monitor I use doesn't work, I have to use the force secondary setting.

Last edited:
I wonder what his problem is then? From what you say I assume the CLSID for Reclock is unchanged. Right?
Right.

When it comes to DVDs and WMV (and some other ways) TT is not a straight forward DS player. It forces the filter chain. I will be interested to see if the latter method works.
It should.

If TT allows to specify ReClock as the Renderer, then just do it. Nothing has changed.
Is the first thing that I try.

As an alternative, let ReClock replace the default renderers and add TT to the inclusion list.
This is the second.

No start... :(

Last edited:
Any information on what happens after November?
Will this become a product we can buy? Is there a set of features that you consider a goal to be reached before selling it?

We are facing several problems which currently prevent us from turning ReClock into a commercial application.

1.) ReClock is IMHO unusable for normal people. Too many options, problems, choices. Selling such a product would cause a support nightmare. For a free product we can say "visit the forum and ask someone else". :eek:

2.) No AC3 or DTS encoding. Without this ReClock is useless for many HTPC installations. The current implementation for SPDIF is nothing more than a kludge, and doesn't work for ReClock's strongest feature: PAL Speedup reversal. I am thinking of creating a "Virtual SoundCard" which accepts wave input and outputs AC3 over SPDIF. This would really be useful, as this would work with all applications (including games!), not only with media players using the ReClock audio renderer. Such a "Virtual SoundCard" could indeed be a commercial product on its own.

3.) ReClock currently uses GPLed libraries. Most are LGPL, but the resampler isn't. A commercial license is available from the author, but at the moment we haven't started talking to him, as we don't know how to proceed yet (see 1. and 2.). The compressor library is GPL, if we ever consider making a commercial product, I'll simply remove it. I don't like compressed sound anyway.

You must keep in mind, that we didn't buy ReClock to make it a "hot selling program" and make some bucks with it. From a marketing standpoint, ReClock is impossible to advertise, as it solves problems most people don't know they have... :)

We bought it to gain some knowledge which may (will?) be used in other products.
I just recently took the initiative to update ReClock to bring it "up to date" (Vista, EVR, Haali, Blu-ray, HD DVD, ...) for the HTPC community. Just so you folks don't blame SlySoft, that "we killed ReClock". Hey, it was pretty dead a long time before we bought it.

Is the first thing that I do.

This is the second.

No start... :(
Explain "no start". Does TT play without ReClock? Or doesn't TT start?
If TT plays, do you know if TT uses an own audio renderer? If yes, please post the CLSID.

Hello James !! :)
I'm the Leeperry's friend who can't have good 5.1 with his DTS interactive sound card ! :(
It's really strange because it is a Club 3D Theatron Agrippa, which is the twin model of Auzentech X-plosion DTS connect. It is yours ?
Yes. No problems with this card under XP and DD-Live / DTS-Connect. Just use Direct Sound output, works fine up to 48kHz / 16Bit.
Haven't tried it under Vista.

Another broke and unsupported item

Could Slyoft please buy the American Republican Party its been broken since Nixon, on second thought those who need it use it ie. Halliburton, KBR et al and those who are unaware it needs repair wouldn't care anyway they like clowns they're entertaining.

I just recently took the initiative to update ReClock to bring it "up to date" [...].
Just so you folks don't blame SlySoft, that "we killed ReClock".
capuma.gif sqel.gif

I'm also in contact with Haali, he will offer gamut conversion in his video renderer VERY soon, through this PS script :
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=912720

so you can watch movies with the colors that were used during the DVD/BD mastering session mossieurpropre.gif

together with Reclock+HR(that together look as smooth as a cinema projector), this is dynamite!

Last edited:
If TT plays, do you know if TT uses an own audio renderer? If yes, please post the CLSID.
OK. I've now installed this on my Vista machine (not my normal HTPC) and I can confirm that the Reclock icon does not appear when using TT, whether you specify the renderer in TT or "force it". the strange thing is Reclock DOES appear in TT's list of active filters, it just appears the systray icon is missing. Everything plays perfectly. There is no TT renderer, it just provides a drop down list of options, which includes Reclock if installed (including your version). Some of the dropdown options are to use "defaults", some specific calls for particular renderers.

The Reclock icon appears fine when using MPC-HC, so it does seem to be something about TT that your version of Reclock does not like (or visa-versa).

Last edited:
You are right. TT start and play. The audio is still present, mean that reclock is started. For example if I try to configure reclock in a strange mode TT doesn't play audio.
It is possible for reclock to start but not show the icon in the tray?

Note that some time ago, just after install Vista SP1, I try reclock 1.7b4 and it does exactly the same.

Why don't you use the "other" (first) PAL SpeedDown checkbox?
The 24fps PAL SpeedDown doesn't work for me, because I need 25fps (got a 50/60Hz plasma panel) and just want to speeddown and timestretch the PAL sound.

OK. I've now installed this on my Vista machine (not my normal HTPC) and I can confirm that the Reclock icon does not appear when using TT, whether you specify the renderer in TT or "force it". the strange thing is Reclock DOES appear in TT's list of active filters, it just appears the systray icon is missing.
Wow, this is very odd.... :confused: I have no idea what might be causing this. Can you reach the properties page within TT (does it support filter properties like ZoomPlayer, MPC, etc. ?)
If yes, does ReClock work correctly?

Back