• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.5.5

James, any ideas on why I get this kind of behavior?
I really would like to enjoy full bith depth and sample rate (24/96)

I would say it is a bug. Not sure about the 96 kHz, but I can reproduce the problem with 48kHz 24/32 bit with AC3 filter. I'll check...

Not tested 2 channel 96kHz, but my CPU is just loaded like 50%. So I see no reason why performance should be a problem.

But what's really strange is with 24/48 audio (when using ffdshow) only works without getting stuttery and distorted when I LOWER the ReClock bufffer...
Please try to use Wave out instead of Direct Sound as the output interface for PCM sound. This should (hopefully) do the trick.

Should work fine with "DTS Live" capable soundcards. I use the AuzenTech XPlosion without problems. Problem is, that most cards (or on board sound) are not "Dolby Digital Live" or "DTS Interactive" capable. Adding real time AC3 encoding would help the "average user" a lot.

However, I am thinking of leaving ReClock like it is, and create a "virtual sound card" (kernel mode driver) which receives samples, encodes AC3 in real time and uses the present SPDIF output.

The advantage would be, that *every* application could use this virtual AC3 card, not only those which use ReClock as the audio renderer.

Hello James !! :)
I'm the Leeperry's friend who can't have good 5.1 with his DTS interactive sound card ! :(
It's really strange because it is a Club 3D Theatron Agrippa, which is the twin model of Auzentech X-plosion DTS connect. It is yours ?
I know there is also an Auzentech X-plosion Cinema now.

Anyway, if you could make reclock encodes AC3 for Spdif (or in a virtual sound card), i would prefer this solution for my system !!! :p

Thanks in advance.

You convinced me, something seems to be wrong. I'll check.
well, I had 23.976 fps set for files that can't be determined.

this tempered with my tests results...

now I got it set to 30 fps.

so your Haali fix has fixed AVI's on my system, they used to give "no video stream found" and now they are properly recognized through DirectShow.

it says "found in cache" for one second, then it changes to "burned in" infos.

it also works for some h264 MKV that are not recognized through DS, it says "found in cache" for one second then it changes to "burned in" infos(like on the AVI's).

but for that h264 MKV that was giving "no video stream found" with 1.7b4, what your fix has done is enable me to specify a manual frame rate :

it doesn't measure it by estimation....same goes for WMV files

Last edited:
ReClock doesn't seem to save the state of the "Pal SpeedDown" checkbox. At least in my case. :D
Every time I open a videofile I've to activate "Pal SpeedDown" again.
Is it intended to be like this?

ReClock doesn't seem to save the state of the "Pal SpeedDown" checkbox. At least in my case. :D
No.
Which one doesn't stick? The first or the second?

Okay, it is the second. Why on earth would you want to use this anyway? ;)
Anyway, will be fixed...

EDIT:
No, it won't be fixed, as it isn't broken. :) This mode should really be used on "by title" basis, you don't want to have it on all the time. Like the "Mute audio" checkbox, you don't want this as a default either.

Last edited:
Please try to use Wave out instead of Direct Sound as the output interface for PCM sound. This should (hopefully) do the trick.

Thanks!
It does work, but without DirectSound output there is no way to do hardware resampling.

I hope you can find the bug causing the stutter/distortion with DirectSound

After second thought - yes, it is.

Great Program, just thought i would say that hehe...

also the audio resampling with my azuntech prelude 7.1 is awsome with internal hardware ticked i get a cpu usage of 1.2 with my quad at 3.6ghz
without it ticked i get a resampling of 7.9 cpu usage ;)

Great Program, just thought i would say that hehe...

also the audio resampling with my azuntech prelude 7.1 is awsome with internal hardware ticked i get a cpu usage of 1.2 with my quad at 3.6ghz
without it ticked i get a resampling of 7.9 cpu usage ;)

But don't forget to measure which CPU cycles the prelude will consume when they're doing it in their driver or let Direct Sound do the conversion.

Ticking "Enable hardware resampling" doesn't necessarily mean that resampling is really done by the hardware. It can be done by anything "behind" ReClock.

But don't forget to measure which CPU cycles the prelude will consume when they're doing it in their driver or let Direct Sound do the conversion.

Ticking "Enable hardware resampling" doesn't necessarily mean that resampling is really done by the hardware. It can be done by anything "behind" ReClock.

well i was taking the readings from your program when content was playing 1080p and 720p content.
so you could be right could be anything... still cpu usage is really low with hardware ticked.

could i ask for a feature

its to do with wmp, could we get a option for reclock to disable its self when wmp detects only audio streams
becuse i found a bug in that when playing just audio tracks in wmp i have to keep windows media players window open to select tracks.

if i minimize wmp and select tracks from its little taskbar i get no audio
for playing music only i would like reclock to detect audio only and disable its self lol

if thats possible

well i was taking the readings from your program when content was playing 1080p and 720p content.
so you could be right could be anything... still cpu usage is really low with hardware ticked.

could i ask for a feature

its to do with wmp, could we get a option for reclock to disable its self when wmp detects only audio streams
becuse i found a bug in that when playing just audio tracks in wmp i have to keep windows media players window open to select tracks.

if i minimize wmp and select tracks from its little taskbar i get no audio
for playing music only i would like reclock to detect audio only and disable its self lol

if thats possible
If ReClock detects no video stream, it already will do nothing (you'll see a green icon). You just don't want to see the icon? Is it so ugly? ;)

After second thought - yes, it is.
Are you planning to change that?

Or do I really have to get off my couch and change the checkbox state everytime I want to watch a PAL movie with "PAL SpeedDown"?!?!

If ReClock detects no video stream, it already will do nothing (you'll see a green icon). You just don't want to see the icon? Is it so ugly? ;)

no no lol ;P its not ugly hehe
speaking of that little thing though what do the colors mean ? i have seen green red and yellow i think it was hehe

and yeah that icon is cool and all but evey time i change a music track it will pop up and vanish on the next track then pop up again on the next track also causes pops and crackles for the first split second of playing the next track then will do it again if i click next for the next track

and yeah if i minimize wmp and change tracks there is no audio at all ;P

Are you planning to change that?

Or do I really have to get off my couch and change the checkbox state everytime I want to watch a PAL movie with "PAL SpeedDown"?!?!

Why don't you use the "other" (first) PAL SpeedDown checkbox?

Back