• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.5.5

Ok, thanks James :)

Anyway, I'm just using for bluray and mkv rips (99% of them are 23.976fps), but I had so much trouble configuring my codecs for my htpc use before I used Reclock (audio sync problems mostly) that I'm quite shocked that a single release solved all my problems.

However, I am thinking of leaving ReClock like it is, and create a "virtual sound card" (kernel mode driver) which receives samples, encodes AC3 in real time and uses the present SPDIF output.

The advantage would be, that *every* application could use this virtual AC3 card, not only those which use ReClock as the audio renderer.

The longer I think about this, the better I like this idea. Doing this shouldn't be that difficult. Unless someone else has already written such a driver, I am not in the mood of wasting much time... ;)

So, if anybody knows a "virtual sound card driver" with real-time AC3 (or DTS) encoding, now is the time to tell me. :)

hopefully you'll be able to fix the Remoulade frame rate problem
I doubt the problem lies in ReClock, because - if the video renderer is supported - ReClock will calculate the frame rate by measuring the time intervals the frames are submitted to the video renderer. At least this is how I understand Ogo's code. ;)

Important note: *This doesn't have to be the correct framerate, if the codec screws up*

For example, selecting "deinterlace" in FFDShow with PAL DVDs will trigger 50fps in ReClock, while other codecs will still submit 25fps.

So, if Remoulade submits 25fps (even if the material is 24fps or whatever), that's what ReClock sees when monitoring the video renderer.

The longer I think about this, the better I like this idea. Doing this shouldn't be that difficult. Unless someone else has already written such a driver, I am not in the mood of wasting much time... ;)

So, if anybody knows a "virtual sound card driver" with real-time AC3 (or DTS) encoding, now is the time to tell me. :)
Well depending on your definition of a "driver" AC3Filter does this (amongst other things). At least it forces itself into the backend of the chain in a similar way to Reclock.

But it always loads before Reclock (I guess because it can also decode) so is no use for timestretching and you can't force it to be loaded with PDVD. But, with a bit of collaboration there might be a way around those things?

Last edited:
to get back on the Remoulade thingie.

there's 2 things taking place.

some movies give the "found in cache : 23.976", and some others are automatically recognized as 25.000 fps.

now that you've made a fully working fix for HR, can you disable the buggy "hack" from ogo that we had to cope with before ?

Well depending on your definition of a "driver" AC3Filter does this (amongst other things). At least it forces itself into the chain in a similar way to Reclock.

But it always loads before Reclock (I guess because it can also decode) so is no use for timestretching and you can't force it to be loaded with PDVD. There might be a way around that though?
With "driver" I mean a kernel mode driver - a "virtual soundcard". As ReClock is an audio renderer (it has to be), it is at the end of the chain. AC3Filter doesn't help, because it is in the middle, always in front of ReClock. It won't do any good there. Same applies to codecs with built-in AC3 output, e.g. FFDShow.

to get back on the Remoulade thingie.

there's 2 things taking place.

some movies give the "found in cache : 23.976", and some others are automatically recognized as 25.000 fps.

now that you've made a fully working fix for HR, can you disable the buggy "hack" from ogo that we had to cope with before ?

What hack? If you don't want automatic frame rate detection, switch it off in the configuration utility.

Fair enough. Just thought there might be some work there that between you might cut some corners (depending on what your plans are commercially for Reclock). But maybe not.

What hack? If you don't want automatic frame rate detection, switch it off in the configuration utility.
well as I told you, with a clean windows installation Reclock 1.7b4 never had a problem to get the frame rate info with Haali's Renderer(except with Remoulade, but CoreAVC/ffdshow are fine).

only a messy registry would make it fail after some time, and give "no video stream found".

one of these formely "no video stream found" MKV works fine now with Remoulade, thanks to your "found in cache" fix :

OTOH the files that were coming up automatically in Reclock give 23.976 fps with ffdshow/CoreAVC.......but 25 fps with Remoulade :(

that's the same "automatic feature" that was giving 29.976 or 25fps for 23.976 quicktime trailers.

I've tried to disable the 3 detection options, and one a time as well.

this 23.976 h264 MKV still says 25 fps when using Remoulade :

you can see that it's automatic, and it isn't working properly.

if we could "force" your HR "found in cache" fix, then it would be recognized as 23.976 8)

Last edited:
If see this, you didn't disable automatic frame rate detection. Make sure that *no instance of reclock is running" when making adjustments in the config tool.

I see the reclock properties, I don't know your settings in your config tool. ;)

OK, you nailed it! :agree:

I think Remoulade says 25 fps(buggy beta version?) in the DS graph, so only an actual detection will give 23.976 in Reclock :)

OK, I'm done with the complains so far :D

I'll get back to you if anything hiccups :)

10000x !

EDIT : it's still automatic for some AVI's, but it gets the right frame rate so that's cool

Last edited:
OK it's me again :D

so I've disabled the "determine frame rate using Directshow" option and set 23.976 when frame rate can't be found in Reclock.

so .MKV are cool, .AVI say "found in cache:23.976" for one second then it finds the right frame rate in "automatic" mode.

but for 25/29.97 720p WMV, it says "found in cache:23.976"

almost there.......again :doh:

OK it's me again :D

so I've disabled the "determine frame rate using Directshow"

so MKV are cool, AVI say "found in cache:23.976" for one second then it finds the right frame rate in "automatic mode" mode.

but for 25/29.97 720p WMV, it says "found in cache:23.976"

almost there.......again :doh:
Well, if it says "found in cache" either clear the cache or manually select a different framerate.

Well, if it says "found in cache" either clear the cache or manually select a different framerate.
well I didn't put it there, and I did clean the cache.

when it says "found in cache", it's actually giving you the frame rate it detected.

if I disable "determine frame rate using directshow" then WMV files are not properly detected :(

if you could offer a way to skip this option when HMS is in the graph, that'd be perfect :)

EDIT : but well, don't bother I'll wait for the DivX team to fix Remoulade and its 25 fps plague..

Last edited:
well I didn't put it there, and I did clean the cache.

when it says "found in cache", it's actually giving you the frame rate it detected.

if I disable "determine frame rate using directshow" then WMV files are not properly detected :(

You convinced me, something seems to be wrong. I'll check.

Some findings trying to get 96kHz working:

If ffdhow is in the graph and output from ffdshow is bigger than 16bit (24bit, 32bit) I get the same kind of distortion/stutter also for 48kHz playback aswell as for 96kHz.

But if I LOWER the buffer in ReClock to 100ms (instead of the default 500ms) I can use ffdshow with 24bit/32bit output without distortion/stutter.

If I don't have ffdshow in the graph it's the other way around. To get bit depths larger than 16bit (for 48kHz audio) working I have to raise the buffer to at least 200ms.

Still 96kHz does not work (tested with buffer set from 100ms up to 1000ms)

Using Vista 32bit on a Q6600@~3.4GHz

James, any ideas on why I get this kind of behavior?
I really would like to enjoy full bith depth and sample rate (24/96)

Some findings trying to get 96kHz working:

If ffdhow is in the graph and output from ffdshow is bigger than 16bit (24bit, 32bit) I get the same kind of distortion/stutter also for 48kHz playback aswell as for 96kHz.

But if I LOWER the buffer in ReClock to 100ms (instead of the default 500ms) I can use ffdshow with 24bit/32bit output without distortion/stutter.

If I don't have ffdshow in the graph it's the other way around. To get bit depths larger than 16bit (for 48kHz audio) working I have to raise the buffer to at least 200ms.

Still 96kHz does not work (tested with buffer set from 100ms up to 1000ms)

Using Vista 32bit on a Q6600@~3.4GHz

James, any ideas on why I get this kind of behavior?
I really would like to enjoy full bith depth and sample rate (24/96)

I'm pretty sure I can get 2 channel 96khz working, but not multichannel.

With 5.1 channels it gets all stuttery and distorted.

what's your sound card ?
I can remember that on my X-Fi KS was working fine, even though it didn't sound any diferent to DS(due to poor onboard components).

at this point I use some old drivers for my M-Audio Audiophile USB, and they map KS to Waveout.

this is very practical, as I can get KS in any app I like :p

but most recent sound cards support KS AFAIK, so that should work nicely in Reclock.

the top of the crop being cards that support Rewiring(E-WDM drivers for instance), you can map anything internally(Waveout to KS/ASIO).

I have a M-Audio Revolution 5.1.

Can you PM me with some info on what you did? Although drivers for the Revo are a bit of an issue..

I'm not opposed to buying a new sound card either, the lack of usable driver updates for the Revo really ticks me off.

Mark

I'm pretty sure I can get 2 channel 96khz working, but not multichannel.

With 5.1 channels it gets all stuttery and distorted.

Not tested 2 channel 96kHz, but my CPU is just loaded like 50%. So I see no reason why performance should be a problem.

But what's really strange is with 24/48 audio (when using ffdshow) only works without getting stuttery and distorted when I LOWER the ReClock bufffer...

Back