• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.5.5

The 24fps PAL SpeedDown doesn't work for me, because I need 25fps (got a 50/60Hz plasma panel) and just want to speeddown and timestretch the PAL sound.

I see. You can't operate the plasma at 48Hz?

I'll see what I can do. At the moment the two "PAL Speeddown" checkboxes are confusing anyway, but I don't really want to restrict "timestretch PAL speeddown" on PAL material. Maybe a dropdown list with multiple "PAL Speeddown" choices including an "automatic mode" would be nice.

Wow, this is very odd.... :confused: I have no idea what might be causing this. Can you reach the properties page within TT (does it support filter properties like ZoomPlayer, MPC, etc. ?)
If yes, does ReClock work correctly?
Unfortunately TT does not provide this, just a text list of active filters. Unfortunately I have no idea if Reclock is actually working correctly or otherwise. Hard to tell when you cannot tweak the properties.

ps. I have edited my earlier post.

Unfortunately TT does not provide this, just a text list of active filters.
Looks like TT sucks. :D Just kidding. I suggest you ask TT support what's going on.
Do you know if TT uses an own audio renderer (like PowerDVD)? This would explain the missing ReClock. Maybe it is just a tiny bug in TT, probably they always use their own renderer under Vista...

TT support has almost ceased. We could try, but I wouldn't want to hold my breath! As I mentioned before there is a free trial of TT if you fancied solving the mystery!

I really do not think it does use it's own renderer as it lets you choose from a dropdown list all of which are what you would normally expect of Directshow. Your Reclock is there if it is installed. The only renderer in the TT filter list is Reclock.

When this has been kicked a little longer I will try it on my HTPC (running XP) and see if the same problem exists. What do we need to do to go back from your version to 1.7b4 if (heaven forbid) that is temporarily necessary?

TT support has almost ceased. We could try, but I wouldn't want to hold my breath! As I mentioned before there is a free trial of TT if you fancied solving the mystery!

I really do not think it does use it's own renderer as it lets you choose from a dropdown list all of which are what you would normally expect of Directshow. Your Reclock is there if it is installed. The only renderer in the TT filter list is Reclock.

When this has been kicked a little longer I will try it on my HTPC (running XP) and see if the same problem exists. What do we need to do to go back from your version to 1.7b4 if (heaven forbid) that is temporarily necessary?
You can just install 1.7b4 on top of 1.8.0.4 for a quick test. It would be interesting if 1.7b4 works and 1.8.0.4 doesn't, but I seriously doubt it.

EDIT:
"1.7b4 works" means, it loads and an icon appears in the taskbar. It won't work with EVR, of course, won't detect the frame rate, etc.

Last edited:
Ok, I've narrowed it down a bit. The tearing happens most likely after seeking the media, some time the tearing bar test is broken, sometimes it's fine, I can't really give an explanation why. It seems to behave the same whereas I use the vsync correction built in ReClock or not. Also, would I lose anything by using the D3D fullscreen setting with vmr9 and ReClock set in direct draw ?

The really weird thing is that on some other files, the playback is flawless.

thanks a lot for the updated version, however, one thing is not working for me (XP SP3, ATI HD 3650):
monitor detection method in 'automatic' mode seems to be broken somehow when using haali video renderer; two LCDs are connected to my graphic card (primary monitor via vga & secondary TV monitor via hdmi used as extended desktop). reclock always detects only primary monitor (as seen from the refresh rate and display sections in the properties page) even if going fullscreen on second one (zoomplayer 6 final). this didn't happen with latest 1.7 beta so I want to know if this is maybe reproducible and can be fixed?
switching between D3D and DDR is not an option. it works indeed with any other video renderer besides haali; tried also with latest 1.8.0.4 version ...

Ok, I've narrowed it down a bit. The tearing happens most likely after seeking the media, some time the tearing bar test is broken, sometimes it's fine, I can't really give an explanation why. It seems to behave the same whereas I use the vsync correction built in ReClock or not. Also, would I lose anything by using the D3D fullscreen setting with vmr9 and ReClock set in direct draw ?

The really weird thing is that on some other files, the playback is flawless.

ReClock has nothing to do with tearing problems.

2.) No AC3 or DTS encoding. Without this ReClock is useless for many HTPC installations. The current implementation for SPDIF is nothing more than a kludge, and doesn't work for ReClock's strongest feature: PAL Speedup reversal. I am thinking of creating a "Virtual SoundCard" which accepts wave input and outputs AC3 over SPDIF. This would really be useful, as this would work with all applications (including games!), not only with media players using the ReClock audio renderer. Such a "Virtual SoundCard" could indeed be a commercial product on its own.

In my opinion, I think the most "plug and play" solution would be an encoded DTS/AC3 by Reclock, which supports 24bits or more for less reduction of quality. :D

The virtual sound card is interesting, but I'm asking me how this could be managed in windows for games. I use my PC as office, HTPC, and game station. I need sound on my desk and in my living-room (through Spdif), and it would be boring if for example it was necessary to change sound card output all time. :confused:
Or maybe you could do a "passthrough" for analog output, and encode for spdif ? :D

thanks a lot for the updated version, however, one thing is not working for me (XP SP3, ATI HD 3650):
monitor detection method in 'automatic' mode seems to be broken somehow when using haali video renderer; two LCDs are connected to my graphic card (primary monitor via vga & secondary TV monitor via hdmi used as extended desktop). reclock always detects only primary monitor (as seen from the refresh rate and display sections in the properties page) even if going fullscreen on second one (zoomplayer 6 final). this didn't happen with latest 1.7 beta
Certainly not, because Haali wasn't even supported.

so I want to know if this is maybe reproducible and can be fixed?
I haven't tested Haali on multi monitor configuration, so it is quite possible that I didn't do it right. I'll fix it, but it has low priority.

In my opinion, I think the most "plug and play" solution would be an encoded DTS/AC3 by Reclock, which supports 24bits or more for less reduction of quality. :D

The virtual sound card is interesting, but I'm asking me how this could be managed in windows for games. I use my PC as office, HTPC, and game station. I need sound on my desk and in my living-room (through Spdif), and it would be boring if for example it was necessary to change sound card output all time. :confused:
Or maybe you could do a "passthrough" for analog output, and encode for spdif ? :D
You would have to "switch" soundcards, but you can simply specify the "AC3 card" in ReClock.
No, the "analog passthrough" will be converted to multi channel SPDIF. That's the whole idea behind it. You can use *every* multi channel sound source and connect it with a single coax / optical cable to your receiver. DVDs, TV, Games, Music, Desktop Sounds, it doesn't matter.

I see. You can't operate the plasma at 48Hz?
No, only 50/60Hz. It's a Panasonic G10 panel, only the current G11 panel is able to operate at 48Hz.

I'll see what I can do. At the moment the two "PAL Speeddown" checkboxes are confusing anyway, but I don't really want to restrict "timestretch PAL speeddown" on PAL material. Maybe a dropdown list with multiple "PAL Speeddown" choices including an "automatic mode" would be nice.
That would be great!
But till then maybe you could add an option to let ReClock "remember" the last state of the "PAL SpeedDown" checkbox in the "Sound adaption" section? That would :rock:

so I want to know if this is maybe reproducible and can be fixed?
I think it was just a typo :eek:
Next beta will fix this (although I still haven't tested it yet)

But till then maybe you could add an option to let ReClock "remember" the last state of the "PAL SpeedDown" checkbox in the "Sound adaption" section? That would :rock:

Nah... if I have to change this stuff, I intend to do it right. :)

You would have to "switch" soundcards, but you can simply specify the "AC3 card" in ReClock.

Of course, with Reclock there's absolutely no problem ! :)

No, the "analog passthrough" will be converted to multi channel SPDIF. That's the whole idea behind it. You can use *every* multi channel sound source and connect it with a single coax / optical cable to your receiver. DVDs, TV, Games, Music, Desktop Sounds, it doesn't matter.

Excuse-me, when I said "analog passthrough", I was thinking about the analog output of the sound card. I said that because I need sound on my desk with analog output, and if the sound is encoded in AC3, it becomes only noise.
But maybe you could do a hotkey for encode ON/OFF, and when sound is encoded, make it only goes through Spdif to not have to turn off desk speakers ?
Sorry, I'm looking for details and it's probably not the time !!! icon_redface.gif

But maybe you could do a hotkey for encode ON/OFF, and when sound is encoded, make it only goes through Spdif to not have to turn off desk speakers ?
Makes sense. What makes even more sense, is a hotkey to swap the default audio device. ;)

Certainly not, because Haali wasn't even supported.
Haali has always worked fine with Reclock 1.7b4....when your registry is not messed up.

look at my screenshot on page 2.

your fix has improved AVI playback when your registry is messed up, but for "some" MKV/WMV instead of saying "no video stream found", it lets you select a manual frame rate....that's the only difference(a big one, I admit :D )

hopefully at some point you'll be able to make the "built-in estimator" work with any MOV/AVI/MKV when the frame rate can't be found through DS(due to messed up reg) :agree:

Haali has always worked fine with Reclock 1.7b4....when your registry is not messed up.
Not really. Ever tried to playback a DVD using Haali's renderer and ReClock?

I have a messed up registry and reclock 1.7b4 works fine ! :D
Ok, I don't check all king of videos... but AVI/MOV/MKV/DVD are ok. I don't have some WMV for test.

Makes sense. What makes even more sense, is a hotkey to swap the default audio device. ;)

Oh, ok, I didn't know that possible ! :D

Back