• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

netflix- Captions issue

John Moore

1.3.5.2 (64) After choosing English Captions on the first episode, (Outlander at this time but there's different scenarios that happen with other series) descriptive is also chosen by default on every download after, sometimes with other series it's random, but mainly if English CC's are chosen, next episode chosen have everything that is English chosen, whatever available in that language, am manually downloading each episode, only a minor thing, though if I neglect to "uncheck" the descriptive captions the ep would need to be re-downloaded without them as there is no way to turn them off ... they are "Burnt Inn" to the file, this has been the way it works for some time.

to "uncheck" the descriptive captions the ep would need to be re-downloaded without them as there is no way to turn them off ... they are "Burnt Inn" to the file
If they are burned in, then you cannot turn them off.
I think you mean that you download the subs baked into the file instead of downloading them as external srt files.

In that case, you can get rid of them by using MKVToolNix.

If they are burned in, then you cannot turn them off.
I think you mean that you download the subs baked into the file instead of downloading them as external srt files.

In that case, you can get rid of them by using MKVToolNix.
Descriptive subs are audio that is saved within the audio stream and cannot be turned off or removed as it's a the default and only audio stream that gets included when it's checked. downloaded every ep of Grace and Frankie and every ep has this annoying description and only 1 audio stream.

Descriptive subs are audio that is saved within the audio stream and cannot be turned off or removed as it's a the default and only audio stream that gets included when it's checked. downloaded every ep of Grace and Frankie and every ep has this annoying description and only 1 audio stream.
So you are saying the only audio stream has voice-over language in it? That shouldn't happen unless the video was made specifically like that for some unknown reason. And I doubt that. There is not a log file in this thread so I will wait for one until I take it to the developers.

Back