• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Audio description for the visually impaired

ChuckH

I have had a few times where the audio description for the visually impaired sound file has automatically downloaded. So far, it has only happened on NF shows, produced by NF. I think it only happened using certain older versions of AS. I know there is a setting in the NF app to turn this on and off, but it is off on all of my NF apps. I don't see an option in AS. Can anyone tell me why this happens and how I can prevent it?

If you are using an older version ... UPGRADE. If it happens again post a LOGFILE

I am using the current version right now. Last night, I tried watching a show I downloaded a while back, only to discover this issue.

Then that title was downloaded with an older version. it's that simple

<<I have had a few times where the audio description for the visually impaired sound file has automatically downloaded. So far, it has only happened on NF shows, produced by NF. I think it only happened using certain older versions of AS. I know there is a setting in the NF app to turn this on and off, but it is off on all of my NF apps. I don't see an option in AS. Can anyone tell me why this happens and how I can prevent it?>>

"Bruised" which I believe is a Netflix original, has the described subtitle problem ( English Assistive, the only option). The default language is set to Arabic not English.

Attachments

• netflix-Bruised.astlog
    235.8 KB · Views: 0
Is it an Arabic movie? Very strange. Ill look into this one. Thanks for reporting.

By default on some British shows, I was getting Descriptive Audio with NF, such as Derren Brown shows. One Example

https://www.netflix.com/watch/8021667

In AS, the show defaults to English, which downloads the Descriptive Audio
To get the audio without Descriptive Audio, in AS I switched it to English (United Kingdom) [Orginal].

upload_2022-1-11_17-51-11.png

<<I have had a few times where the audio description for the visually impaired sound file has automatically downloaded. So far, it has only happened on NF shows, produced by NF. I think it only happened using certain older versions of AS. I know there is a setting in the NF app to turn this on and off, but it is off on all of my NF apps. I don't see an option in AS. Can anyone tell me why this happens and how I can prevent it?>>

"Bruised" which I believe is a Netflix original, has the described subtitle problem ( English Assistive, the only option). The default language is set to Arabic not English.
The reason it happens is that Netflix has a particular section where all the movies are for the visually impaired. It is a clearly marked section, however it is easy to overlook when you are browsing for movies.

Having a similar issue with Lupin - comes with the audio description for hearing impaired, but not always. Downloaded the first season of Lupin as a batch - the first episode didn't have the issue, but the remaining episodes all had descriptive audio. When I tested it with season 2, I had the same issue of getting the descriptive audio. Posted something earlier about it (https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/nf-lupin-audio.83633/), but figured moderators and developers were too busy working the DRM issue to worry about it at the time. Here are the logs for Lupin s01e01 (worked perfectly), and s01e02 and s02e01 that have the descriptive audio (again, the s01e01 and s01e02 were downloaded as a batch but with different results - one with and one without descriptive audio). Would love it if this could get fixed or someone could help me understand if I'm doing something wrong. Only finding this an issue on NF.

Attachments

• netflix-Lupin_S01E01_Chapter 1.astlog
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • netflix-Lupin_S01E02_Chapter 2.astlog
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • netflix-Lupin_S02E01_Chapter 6.astlog
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Back