• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

mamalu5@comcast.net--Unhappy Answers to questions about my probs with AnyDVD

Mamu,
Have you checked into doing a system restore, assuming XP. If you can send it back to when it was working. Could be some kind of spyware, malware, adware? Have you updated any kind of IDE drivers? Check in your add/remove programs and see if there is anything that looks like you don't need it and unintstall it. Have you added any burning software, Nero etc.? Something like that could be causing a problem. What about trying an older version of AnyDvd just to see if it comes up and works? I will keep looking into this and see what i can come up with, not that I know anything, just trying to help you out chief. :D

You may have already checked these things but...

1. Have you checked device manager to make sure your DVD drive is initializing properly?
  2. Do you have any software that runs on startup that might be accessing your DVD drive?
  3. Have you run a malware/spyware scan in addition to the anti-virus?

Not to get into an anti-virus debate, but I've used AVG for several years on WinXP to Vista Ultimate with absolutely no issues. By that same token, I've used McAfee and others at various jobs with no problems as well. I prefer AVG because it's free and has found some things McAfee missed. Use whatever your comfortable with but keep it updated.

No, it's not quite that simple. I've seen cases where antivirus programs have blocked files...

I wasn't disagreeing with you, Webslinger. My point was the person should try the install w/o the AV program installed because I know, myself, of cases where AV programs caused serious issues.

I, personally, have no wish to debate antivirus programs. Anyway, I'll just stay out of this one in the future.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, Webslinger. My point was the person should try the install w/o the AV program installed because I know, myself, of cases where AV programs caused serious issues.

I, personally, have no wish to debate antivirus programs. Anyway, I'll just stay out of this one in the future.

I wasn't arguing with you; I was just discussing, and I certainly didn't mean to upset you or anything.

My sincere apologies if you were offended by anything I wrote. Much of it had nothing to do with anything you typed. I often just start typing about something and go off on a tangent. Don't mind me. Feel free to disagree with what I wrote.

Last edited:
I was getting a similar error when I upgraded to 6124 I think. I then had to uninstall my dvd drive thru device manager then reboot then windows picked them back up and things where fine. I do not know if it will help you but its something else to rule out.

Install

If I remember correctly, there was a thread with an install problem awhile back, but I believe the person didn't install in the default directory. I have read through this thread and never saw that question asked. That could present a problem with multiple install/uninstalls if they may have been in different directories.

Starting up AnyDVD 6.1.6.5

I copied two discs this morning with CloneDVD. No problem. Firgured out later they must not have been protected. I tried a third and could not get AnyDVD to open and the icon had disappeared from the icon tray at the bottom of the screen. I tried opening it from desktop icon and then from the actual program. Nothing. It's like it's dead. I decided to uninstall, reboot, and install again and restarting afterwards. I told my McAffee to accept the program. Same problem. Also, when I reinstalled, nothing came up on the screen from AnyDVD like it usually does after installing an upgrade. The program shortcut icon is on the desktop but no icon in the icon try where it autoruns when it's there. What in the heck is the matter? Never happened before. I have made copies since I upgraded and AnyDVD was running and scanning the disc. I have no idea what has happened. No new programs. No new hardware.Any suggestions?

A tech from McAfee said you had a virus. Did you get rid of it yet?

anydvd

Never had one. Friend who does this for a living came over and got anydvd working for me and have not had a problem since this came up which has been months.

Never had one. Friend who does this for a living came over and got anydvd working for me and have not had a problem since this came up which has been months.

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Check to see if your system ("my computer") now reports a disc in drive. Do you see a video_ts folder (if you're using a dvd)? Do you see folders or files?

AnyDVD

something weird is happening, though. MS Media Player comes up first when I click on the drive and then switches to the dvd disc and ts-video and audio

Do not reinstall Anydvd yet.

1. Click this

Do what it says to do.

2. visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=21907&postcount=11 (thanks to Zebadee)
Use one of the programs mentioned, and list your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

Or for XP users only,
Click Start, Run
type regedit
Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

We want what's listed in "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters". List your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

Before you do this visit http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/about4719.html, and read the first post please, so you can get a better understanding of what is going on.

Do not start randomly deleting filters, please.

something weird is happening, though. MS Media Player comes up first when I click on the drive and then switches to the dvd disc and ts-video and audio

That's because you have that program set to autoplay whenever a dvd-video is inserted in your drive.

Do not reinstall Anydvd yet.

1. Click this

Do what it says to do.

2. visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=21907&postcount=11 (thanks to Zebadee)
Use one of the programs mentioned, and list your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

Or for XP users only,
Click Start, Run
type regedit
Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

We want what's listed in "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters". List your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

Before you do this visit http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/about4719.html, and read the first post please, so you can get a better understanding of what is going on.

Do not start randomly deleting filters, please.

I got dvd43llh
ElbyDelay
PxHelp20
for lower filter and could find no upper filter. I'm way over my head here and I really don't like fooling around with the registery. I haven't deleted any filters nor have I reinstalled AnyDVD.
I got as far as class and the long number file but could not find any filters. there were four folders underneath that file but nothing labeled filters - upper or lower.
I have reinstalled drives for both dvd writer and reader

Last edited:
I have reinstalled drives for both dvd writer and reader

1. visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=21907&postcount=11

Use filter driver load order. Select your burner. Click "clipboard". Paste the contents into your next post.

2. It's not reinstalling the drives that's the issue. Ensure your using standard or Microsoft bustmaster drivers. Follow these instructions: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1455402&postcount=3

I got dvd43llh

"It belongs to the software DVD For Free by RIF and its possibly even installed by DVD43"

3. Uninstall dvd43. It's completely and utterly useless. Reboot. Ensure dvd43llh no longer appears in your filters.

Last edited:
Filter information below

Hi :)
The easiest methods are the tools above. One click stuff really. Also work with any windows platform.
The Filter Check Tool v3.4: courtesy of cdr-zone.com.
Plus Filter Driver Load Order v1.0.009: courtesy (www)bustrace.com.
The AdvancedWindowsCarePersonal: can work wonders in cleaning up/repairing registry + loads of other stuff.

A Lower Filter found is: ElbyDelay
Filterdriver properties are:
Name: ElbyDelay
Caption: ElbyDelay
Description: ElbyDelay
AcceptPause: False
AcceptStop: True
DesktopInteract: False
DisplayName: ElbyDelay
ErrorControl: Normal
ExitCode: 0
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
Version Info: 5.1.0.1
ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
ServiceType: Kernel Driver
Started: True
StartMode: Manual
StartName:
State: Running
TagId: 0

A Lower Filter found is: PxHelp20
Filterdriver properties are:
Name: PxHelp20
Caption: PxHelp20
Description: PxHelp20
AcceptPause: False
AcceptStop: True
DesktopInteract: False
DisplayName: PxHelp20
ErrorControl: Normal
ExitCode: 0
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
Version Info: 2.3.27.0
ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
ServiceType: Kernel Driver
Started: True
StartMode: Boot

was told there were no upper filters detected. Guess that's why I couldn't find the suckers.

Last edited:
Okay, did you do steps 2 and 3 from my previous post? Please let me know once you do.

Last edited:
----------------------------------------------------
Filter Driver Load Order http://www.bustrace.com
----------------------------------------------------

Upper Device Filter: redbook
Device Object: SONY CDRWDVD CRX310EE
Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20
Lower Class Filter: ElbyDelay
Lower Class Filter: dvd43llh
Lower Device Filter: imapi

Driver Name: redbook.sys
File Location: c:\windows\system32\drivers