• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

mamalu5@comcast.net--Unhappy Answers to questions about my probs with AnyDVD

Well, I didn't have dvd3 installed. I found that file you told me about and deleted it.
When doing a search now, nothing comes up.
I know what happened with the dvd writer and reading. I uninstalled them instead of looking for updated drivers. I don't know why but I only have an installation disc for my plextor writer and not my sony reader so I don't know how to go about finding a driver to at least get my dvds working.
By the way, I tried reinstalling AnyDVD and it didn't work. Probably had problems finding my dvd writer and reader like I did. I'm just very tired right now and have to take a break from this. I think that solution is to buy a new computer - as if I had the money. Only kidding, of course. I did start a trouble shooting thing but was told to insert installation discs. Of course, I could only do that for one of them.

Besides that, you have put several posts in this thread and they all show DVD43 listed, so you still have it.

Besides that, you have put several posts in this thread and they all show DVD43 listed, so you still have it.

The "Lower Class Filter: dvd43llh"
Is "Leftover" from a DVD43 install/Uninstall

I had to Remove my dvd43llh - at one time
( and yes , It's got to go )
( and No , It isn't removed - sometimes - with DVD43 )

You must Remove the Filter ( or All Filters ) Manually
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=314060

It's not a Big deal , really , I've Removed All Filters - several times
Follow the Instructions - Very Carefully

If Afterwards -
Any DVD/CD Program reads : "No Drives Detected"
( ie: Sonic , AnyDVD , CloneDVD , CloneCD ... etc )
Simply RE install that Program
The "Filters" will be Replaced - with the Reinstall

;)

You must Remove the Filter ( or All Filters ) Manually

It's not a Big deal , really , I've Removed All Filters - several times
Follow the Instructions - Very Carefully

Well, that's one way of removing everything. :)

You will, as shannon90210 indicated, have to reinstall those other programs (hopefully you will never reinstall dvd43 again; I didn't realize the uninstaller left that filter entry).

wrong person

The notices I have gotten in the emails do not apply to my situation. I do not have dvd43 on my computer. according to webslinger, i have some hidden files that have to be removed with a registry clean. I also don't have vista. It's like two different people's problems are mixed up. When I click on the link in the email, it takes me to a post of someone else and the information that was copied and pasted is not minel

----------------------------------------------------
Filter Driver Load Order http://www.bustrace.com
----------------------------------------------------

Upper Device Filter: redbook
Device Object: SONY CDRWDVD CRX310EE
Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20
Lower Class Filter: ElbyDelay
Lower Class Filter: dvd43llh
Lower Device Filter: imapi

Driver Name: redbook.sys
File Location: c:\windows\system32\drivers
File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) [5.1.2600.2180]
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2180 [5.1.2600.2180]
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation

Driver Name: pxhelp20.sys
File Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
File Version: 2.03.27a [2.3.27.0]
Product Name: PxHelp20
Product Version: [2.0.0.0]
Company Name: Sonic Solutions

Driver Name: elbydelay.sys
File Description: Elby Delay Lower Filter Driver
File Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
Product Name: CDRTools
Product Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
Company Name: Elaborate Bytes AG

Driver Name: imapi.sys
File Description: IMAPI Kernel Driver
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) [5.1.2600.2180]
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2180 [5.1.2600.2180]

This ( above ) Is you ? .... Right ?

We Realize that you have Removed DVD43

.... but the dvd43llh ..... Remains .... abandoned

You'll need to remove the Filter - dvd43llh Manually

:)

mamalu5@comcast.net said:
do not apply to my situation.

It does apply to you. You posted 4 times in that other thread. I moved all your posts over here to keep troubleshooting easier. dvd43llh is still in your filters. You listed it every single time. DVD43 installs that entry in your filters.

1. Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)

2. Run imgburn. Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order

3. Select dvd43llh. Click "remove selected filter". Click "ok". Reboot

4. Run imgburn again. Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Click "Clipboard". Then paste the information you pasted into your clipboard into your next post in this thread (ctrl-v).

Last edited:
This ( above ) Is you ? .... Right ?

We Realize that you have Removed DVD43

.... but the dvd43llh ..... Remains .... abandoned

You'll need to remove the Filter - dvd43llh Manually

:)

sorry but the stuff that I saw when I clicked on the link was information about another version of AnyDVD and the person had Vista. These things do not apply to me. That's all I meant. I realize I still have a dvd43llh file in the registry. The explanation of how to remove this is like my reading Greek. Thanks for your help.

It does apply to you. You posted 4 times in that other thread. I moved all your posts over here to keep troubleshooting easier. dvd43llh is still in your filters. You listed it every single time. DVD43 installs that entry in your filters.

1. Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)

2. Run imgburn. Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order

3. Select dvd43llh. Click "remove selected filter". Click "ok". Reboot

4. Run imgburn again. Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Click "Clipboard". Then paste the information you pasted into your clipboard into your next post in this thread (ctrl-v).

I removed the dvd43llh filter with ImgBurn, a program I already had. I wasn't worried about this probelm too much right now as my dvd drives are not working. As I told you, I uninstalled them by mistake when I wanted to look for updated drives. Putting the discs in the reinstall does no good as neither one is working. My son-in-law is coming tonight to reinstall them for me, if he can. If he gets that done, I hope to reintall AnyDVD 6.1.6.5 and hopefully it will work.
Thanks.

I removed the dvd43llh filter with ImgBurn, a program I already had. I wasn't worried about this probelm too much right now as my dvd drives are not working. As I told you, I uninstalled them by mistake when I wanted to look for updated drives. Putting the discs in the reinstall does no good as neither one is working. My son-in-law is coming tonight to reinstall them for me, if he can. If he gets that done, I hope to reintall AnyDVD 6.1.6.5 and hopefully it will work.
Thanks.

Oh. Normally if you delete your drives and reboot, Windows should redetect them upon rebooting and install them appropriately.

Having dvd43llh in your filters, but not dvd43llh.sys on your system/hard drive (which was the case for awhile), may also render your drives inoperable within Windows. That's why it's important to have that entry removed from your filters (in your registry). Once you remove that entry from your filters, it's important to reboot.

Last edited:
You're right. The dvd drives are back and working. I tested them both. Only problem is AnyDVD still is not working when downloaded. I disable McAfee and all other programs and downloaded and rebooted. No little fox in icon tray and no scanning. No opening the program when clicking on the program itself.

I have the cclean downloaded but not installed. I had a registry cleaner a few years back and that's when I really had problems with my computer. So many programs didn't work I was going crazy. Have they improved much in the last few years? Have you used it?

Last edited:
Only problem is AnyDVD still is not working when downloaded.

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Try running a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner (this is a free program)
e) Download Anydvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6165.exe
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
h) Reinstall using the file you downloaded in step e
i) Reboot
j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs
l) Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click the "default" button. Click "ok".

2. Run imgburn again. Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Click "Clipboard". Then paste the information you pasted into your clipboard into your next post in this thread (ctrl-v).

3. In the future, please keep anything related to dvd43 off your system.

Last edited:
You're right. The dvd drives are back and working. I tested them both. Only problem is AnyDVD still is not working when downloaded. I disable McAfee and all other programs and downloaded and rebooted. No little fox in icon tray and no scanning. No opening the program when clicking on the program itself.

I have the cclean downloaded but not installed. I had a registry cleaner a few years back and that's when I really had problems with my computer. So many programs didn't work I was going crazy. Have they improved much in the last few years? Have you used it?

CCleaner is Definitely Recommended
Very Safe and Very Effective ( have used it for at least a year )

Also ....as almost 'essential' ....

You should check out.
AdvancedWindowsCarePersonal:;) :cool:
BTW It's FREE!

and from the same folk;
SmartDefrag:
Also FREE

Webslinger said:
3. In the future, please keep anything related to dvd43 off your system.
Amen to that ! :D

;)

Last edited:
I will try CCleaner and keep my fingers crossed. I hope I can get through the steps easily. Looked pretty involved to me - 4 sections and all.

I won't download dvd43 again. I actually deleted it right after I installed but obviously, deleting doesn't do a total job.

I actually deleted it right after I installed but obviously, deleting doesn't do a total job.

Yeah, that was my fault. I didn't realize dvd43's uninstaller did such a bad job, sorry. Then again, I suppose I'm not even aware whether dvd43 has an uninstaller.
:doh:

Anyway . . .
a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Try running a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner (this is a free program)
e) Download Anydvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6165.exe
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
h) Reinstall using the file you downloaded in step e
i) Reboot
j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs
l) Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click the "default" button. Click "ok".

2. Run imgburn again. Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Click "Clipboard". Then paste the information you pasted into your clipboard into your next post in this thread (ctrl-v).

Step 1 is easy (make sure you follow them in the proper order). Step 2 is even easier. I'm sure you can handle it.

I give up. I used CCleaner and followed all the other instructions. Still no task bar icon and nothing will open the program. I should have a very clean computer, though.

I give up. I used CCleaner and followed all the other instructions. Still no task bar icon and nothing will open the program. I should have a very clean computer, though.

1. Run imgburn again. Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Click "Clipboard". Then paste the information you pasted into your clipboard into your next post in this thread (ctrl-v).

2. What happens when you install Anydvd 6.1.6.5? Do you get an error message at all? If so, what is it?

===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.3.2.0

Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device

Filter Name: redbook
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2180
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: PxHelp20
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions

Filter Name: ElbyDelay
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2003 - 2006 Elaborate Bytes AG

Filter Name: imapi
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys

Please pardon me if there is duplicate information here. I do not know if you're to click on both drives to get the information or clicking on the one (Sony, in this case) to get the results for both.

I get no error message after installing AnyDVD.. The installation doesn't seem to complete itself because when rebooting after the installation, AnyDVD doesn't open up automatically like it usually does when the installation completes.

I should also tell you that I finally got an answer from a tech at SlySoft. They told me to boot the computer in safe mode, delete AnyDVD if it was installed - which it wasn't - and CloneDVD2 and any other of their products that I might have. Then reboot and reinstall all those program and reboot immediately afterwards. I did this and had the same problem. I also have run CCLeaner several times.

Well, the problem now is that Anydvd doesn't appear in your filters. Consequently, Anydvd, the program, isn't installed on your system properly. Something must be blocking it from installing properly (possibly antivirius, firewall, or another security program). You may need to check the settings of these programs to ensure they are 1) allowing Anydvd to modify your registry (in particular for the filter entry), and 2) allowing Anydvd to install Anydvd.sys on your hard drive. Something on your system appears to be blocking Anydvd from installing.

Last edited:
I haven't got Any DVD installed right now. I uninstalled when it didn't work. Now when I insert a dvd, my CloneDVD2 can't find the video_ts and audio_ts files. I'm hoping that they weren't cleaned off by the CCLeaner program.

Back