• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

List of UHDs currently UN-supported in AnyDVD

Virtual CloneDrive understands what it's mounting. Windows ISO doesn't. AnyDVD can't discern the type of disc that's loaded from Windows ISO mounting, so when you say "everything else works" that's only if they don't care what disc type it is. When looking at the protection, we do care.
I've been using the Windows mounting (sounds wrong) for a long time I don't remember when they added it to Windows Vista or 8 maybe but it's been really nice for work stuff. I used to install VCD all the time way back when there were more CDs and ISOs and I needed to mount them even more than I do now. If the Scanner can't work without it, maybe it can check to see if it's there? I install tons of stuff on VMs, servers, workstations, laptops and so on and I just mount the ISO and go. AnyDVD is doing something more specialized or whatever but it's not the norm for me not by a very very long shot. Everything else I do with ISOs works fine mounting with Windows and I don't have to remember if I've installed something first. That's a big deal for me I'll never remember anyway.

Well, I see a way to identify and differentiate between a BD and a UHD. Maybe AnyDVD could take a lesson. I don't know when I'll have time to deal with this issue but at some point I'll update the scanner to not rely on AnyDVD to tell me what media type I'm dealing with.

EDIT: 1.0.1.6 fixes your issue. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Well, I see a way to identify and differentiate between a BD and a UHD. Maybe AnyDVD could take a lesson. I don't know when I'll have time to deal with this issue but at some point I'll update the scanner to not rely on AnyDVD to tell me what media type I'm dealing with.

EDIT: 1.0.1.6 fixes your issue. Enjoy.

Cool!

I know you wouldn't do this but I'll say it anyway to be sure...

Hopefully you're not deciding by size. I've gotten UHD's as low as the 30G range -- e.g. Justice Society World War II UHD was a mere 34G!

My ripping app asked "Are you sure this is a UHD?" and I had to make sure it really was (and I didn't mistakenly mount the Blu-Ray). LOL!!

T

No

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Good.

I didn't think so.

... Maybe AnyDVD could take a lesson.

Actually, AnyDVD does eventually figure out the .iso is a UHD.

Here's the full text of the Status...

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD HD 8.5.4.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
MSFT VIRTUAL DVD-ROM 1.0
Drive (Hardware) Region: free
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 0), Layers: 1
Total size: 24363264 sectors (47584 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: KINGSGLAIVE_FINAL_FANTASY_XV
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 76
Disc wants bus encryption!
UHD Blu-ray disc.
couldn't retrieve AGID!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Bad sector protection not found.

It's the Profile and Book Type that it gets wrong.

Maybe that's why (according to Tanquen) Windows .iso mounting works with CloneBD.

Because if CloneBD thought the .iso was a DVD, it wouldn't accept it.

T

I'm aware. That's what it uses until I have time to write my own code.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Code:
Title:    Speed (1994)
CoR:    GBR UK
Vendor:    Amazon U.K.
LABEL:    SPEED
OPD:    BD_35e09bca7608
-----

Attachments

• ScanReport_KuchKuch_20210523_105205.zip
    469 bytes · Views: 1
Refreshing my list of unsupported titles.

Code:
LABEL:    DONNIE DARKO DIRECTORS UHD
OPD:    BD_5fc81ab80bf7
-----
LABEL:    DONNIE DARKO THEATRICAL UHD
OPD:    BD_6e441eeac433
-----
LABEL:    LAST_ACTION_HERO
OPD:    BD_79e619f22528
-----
LABEL:    RAYA_AND_THE_LAST_DRAGON
OPD:    BD_1d78b78e4d0f
-----
LABEL:    The_Good_the_Bad_and_the_Ugly
OPD:    BD_6c97aeccb8f6
-----

Attachments

• ScanReport_mbarnstijn_20210523_111540.zip
    599 bytes · Views: 1
Code:
Title:    Speed (1994)
CoR:    GBR UK
Vendor:    Amazon U.K.
LABEL:    SPEED
OPD:    BD_35e09bca7608
-----

Hello, KuchKuch!

Added.

It'll appear next List posting.

Refreshing my list of unsupported titles.

Code:
LABEL:    DONNIE DARKO DIRECTORS UHD
OPD:    BD_5fc81ab80bf7
-----
LABEL:    DONNIE DARKO THEATRICAL UHD
OPD:    BD_6e441eeac433
-----
LABEL:    LAST_ACTION_HERO
OPD:    BD_79e619f22528
-----
LABEL:    RAYA_AND_THE_LAST_DRAGON
OPD:    BD_1d78b78e4d0f
-----
LABEL:    The_Good_the_Bad_and_the_Ugly
OPD:    BD_6c97aeccb8f6
-----

Awesome, Michael!

All updated.

People seem to have pretty long lists of unsupported titles.

I hope tomorrow will be a Key Monday. :=P

T

And adding a newly arrived UHD disc, as an alternate contact for it
Code:
LABEL:    DIRTY_DANCING
OPD:    BD_2a409402f1bd
-----

Attachments

• ScanReport_mbarnstijn_20210523_184334.zip
    447 bytes · Views: 1
@SamuriHL I got 1.0.6 to crash by accidentally leaving the BR disc for Dirty Dancing in my first drive while scanning the UHD for Dirty Dancing that was in the second drive. Do you want me to investigate more fully, or is it ok if we leave it alone?

Why the hell is it crashing. SIGH. I'll look at it later. This is why I didn't want to change it because i don't want to be dealing with error handling for stupid situations.

EDIT: Problem found. New version incoming. It'll also use MY code for identifying media type instead of relying on what AnyDVD tells me.

Last edited:
@SamuriHL I got 1.0.6 to crash by accidentally leaving the BR disc for Dirty Dancing in my first drive while scanning the UHD for Dirty Dancing that was in the second drive. Do you want me to investigate more fully, or is it ok if we leave it alone?
Why would someone have a BD and a UHD of the same movie at the same time in 2 optical drives? mbarstijn you are the Mr Murphy of SamuriHL's tool :).

Back