• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

List of UHDs currently UN-supported in AnyDVD

And adding a newly arrived UHD disc, as an alternate contact for it
Code:
LABEL:    DIRTY_DANCING
OPD:    BD_2a409402f1bd
-----

Ok, excellent.

Got it.

I'm gathering information on alternate contacts on a trial basis right now, to see if it adds any value.

My gut feeling is it will come in handy - but none of the titles I have that info for have required hunting down an update as of yet.

We'll see...

I got 1.0.6 to crash by accidentally leaving the BR disc for Dirty Dancing in my first drive while scanning the UHD for Dirty Dancing that was in the second drive.
This is why I didn't want to change it because i don't want to be dealing with error handling for stupid situations.
Why would someone have a BD and a UHD of the same movie at the same time in 2 optical drives?

I don't think that's an unreasonable situation.

It's very easy to focus on working with the drive at hand and forgetting you have a title mounted in another drive, real or virtual.

I was just discussing this with someone who was looking for, and asked me why the Scanner doesn't have, a way to select the drive you want it to scan.

I explained it's methodology is to scan all drives that have media and analyze them.

As SamuriHL can attest to (or correct me if I'm wrong) in order to do that each scan, it's set up to ignore a disc/.iso that it has already processed, ignore CD's and DVD's and ignore Blu-Rays - in case they happen to be in drives you're not intending to scan for the List.

Well, actually the Blu-Rays weren't "ignored" but they would never get included in clipboard or file because they're always found to be supported and not on the List. (Idk, SamuriHL may actually ignore them now since he checks on media type.)

So, it's good that Michael uncovered a situation where a Blu-Ray in a drive caused a problem.

Great that was caught early!

Problem found. New version incoming. It'll also use MY code for identifying media type instead of relying on what AnyDVD tells me.

Boo ya!

Wow, SamuriHL you are da man!

Just so I'm clear, if someone is using the older versions from 1.0.1.2 to 1.0.1.5, they should be still be ok, right?

'Cause I admit I'm still using 1.0.1.2 (the adjustments in 3-5 didn't apply for me).

T

Actually, no. I'll give it a day or two to make sure nothing else gets found and then I'm going to up the min version. And there wasn't a bug UNTIL I had to change the code to support using a non-Elby/RedFox solution to scan protected ISO images. In any case, the new code is better at identifying media type and ignoring non-valid media types. It's using information from the disc itself that's added to the log that we scan.

As for selecting what disc to scan, nope. Not how AnyDVD works. When you tell it to create a log file, it creates them for every disc on the system that's enabled in AnyDVD. I monitor for those log file creation events and then parse the logs to determine what they are and whether I should process them or not.

In any case, I have no desire to touch this code again at this point. as I said, if after a couple days we see no more bug reports, I'm upping the min version to get everyone on this version.

When I get my UHD titles they usually come with a BR disc that has considerably more extras than the 4K disc, so I'm always going to mount both physical discs and back them up to ISO. Normally I leave the BR in the drive tray but don't load it up until I've done a scan of the 4k disc. This time I was distracted and loaded both discs and clicked "SCAN" and caused @SamuriHL a headache.:oops:

Windows Defender is detecting Win32/Wacapew.C!ml in anydvd_scanner.exe version 1.0.1.5. Not sure if this is a false positive or a real problem.

False positive. MS has made things difficult if you don't get a signing key. But it's not infected.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Actually, no. I'll give it a day or two to make sure nothing else gets found and then I'm going to up the min version.

Oh, ok.

Let me know so I can do the same on the back end.

And there wasn't a bug UNTIL I had to change the code to support using a non-Elby/RedFox solution to scan protected ISO images.

I figured that.

In any case, the new code is better at identifying media type and ignoring non-valid media types. It's using information from the disc itself that's added to the log that we scan.

That's really good news!!

As for selecting what disc to scan, nope. Not how AnyDVD works. When you tell it to create a log file, it creates them for every disc on the system that's enabled in AnyDVD. I monitor for those log file creation events and then parse the logs to determine what they are and whether I should process them or not.

Sure ofc.

I think the all-scan method is better anyway.

I just needed to explain to someone why the drive selection option wasn't there. Your explanation is easier to understand I think, so I'll use it should that come up again. :=)

When I get my UHD titles they usually come with a BR disc that has considerably more extras than the 4K disc, so I'm always going to mount both physical discs and back them up to ISO.

Same here and for the exact same reason!

This time I was distracted and loaded both discs and clicked "SCAN" and caused @SamuriHL a headache.:oops:

It's something that would have been uncovered sooner or later -- and much better sooner.

That was a legitimate bug.

So it's a good thing...

Also a good thing that SamuriHL was able to fix it so quickly - and, cherry on top, it led to an overall improvement in media checking for the Scanner.

So win-win, buddy!

The List is re-posted.

Everyone enjoy the rest of your Sunday!!!

T

@Steven AACS has submitted the following unsupported title:

Title: Shadow in the Cloud
CoR: Germany
Vendor: Amazon
LABEL: SHADOW IN THE CLOUD
OPD: BD_79f054f4389b
-----

It'll appear on the List next refresh.

T

Another new arrival, for me anyway.

Code:
Title:    Big Fish
CoR:    USA US
Vendor:    Amazon.com
LABEL:    BIG_FISH
OPD:    BD_53d7c98f7de5
-----

Attachments

• ScanReport_mbarnstijn_20210524_164359.zip
    473 bytes · Views: 1
Code:
Title:    Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021) - Disc 1
CoR:    GBR UK
Vendor:    Amazon U.K.
LABEL:    ZACK_SNYDERS_JUSTICE_LEAGUE_D1
OPD:    BD_e5d28d530701
-----
Title:    Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021) - Disc 2
LABEL:    ZACK_SNYDERS_JUSTICE_LEAGUE_D2
OPD:    BD_30578c860f9b
-----

Attachments

• ScanReport_KuchKuch_20210524_164503.zip
    547 bytes · Views: 1
You posted Anydvd logfiles, not a scanreport. Proper instructions are in the first post and the tool to use in the second.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Code:
LABEL:	MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS
OPD:	BD_a7dff4db1b5c
-----

Attachments

• ScanReport_ultrahorst_20210524_204331.zip
    458 bytes · Views: 1
Another new arrival, for me anyway.

Code:
Title:    Big Fish
CoR:    USA US
Vendor:    Amazon.com
LABEL:    BIG_FISH
OPD:    BD_53d7c98f7de5
-----
Code:
Title:    Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021) - Disc 1
LABEL:    ZACK_SNYDERS_JUSTICE_LEAGUE_D1
OPD:    BD_e5d28d530701
-----
Title:    Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021) - Disc 2
LABEL:    ZACK_SNYDERS_JUSTICE_LEAGUE_D2
OPD:    BD_30578c860f9b
-----

All 3 titles set for inclusion with the next List posting.

Where the hell's the US release for that one?! LOL

Exactly!

Released today in UK.

No release date seems to be set yet for US.

Ugh!

Hello,
I hope I have done this right. Please instruct me otherwise!
You posted Anydvd logfiles, not a scanreport. Proper instructions are in the first post and the tool to use in the second.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hi world123.

Things have changed some since you last posted.

But as Ch3vr0n says, everything you need to know is outlined in post #1, with the tool you'll need for submission in post #2.

Please remove the log files - they're not allowed on the thread - and attach a Scanner report file to submit your 3 titles.

Scanner files will be named "ScanReport_world123...".

Code:
LABEL:    MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS
OPD:    BD_a7dff4db1b5c
-----

Thanks for your update, ultrahorst.

Murder will leave the Unknown Status section and return to the List on next refresh.

T

Alright, I've not seen any bug reports. I'm going to up the min version to the latest. I don't do this often, and yes I know it's a pain in the ass that requires everyone to update to the latest version of the scanner, but I want to level set on the latest version. It's not likely to change again without a good reason.

@testiles here's that warning you wanted. EDIT: DONE

Last edited:
here's that warning you wanted. I'll be doing this soon.

Ok, thanks.

Yeah, it's good to keep the two sides in sync.

I'll wait a couple of days, just in case someone has some earlier version files laying around they forgot to submit, then on Wednesday move up the Min Version in the Scan report file program as well.

After that, if by some weird set of circumstances an older version file is submitted, it'll stop in the report file program.

T

You may personally complain about this version as all the test code has been removed completely. I did that a few versions ago but you hadn't updated in a while. This is a purely clean version made for the public.

You may personally complain about this version as all the test code has been removed completely. I did that a few versions ago but you hadn't updated in a while. This is a purely clean version made for the public.

See pm

T

Guys,

Just in case it's not clear, everyone will need to download the latest version of the Scanner (1.0.1.7) from Post #2, and use it for any submissions going forward.

The older Scanner versions will no longer work.

T

Correct. Any new versions beyond 1.0.1.7 will be OPTIONAL for now, but, 1.0.1.7 is REQUIRED.

Back