• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lifetime License my butt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to transition.

...not all staff transitioned into redfox and they don't have an office.

So that means some of the staff "transitioned"?

I'm just being cheeky. But it does go to show that a lot of these Slysoft into Redfox discussions / complaints do get bogged down with terminology.

It's very hard to argue that Slysoft didn't transition into Redfox. Same flagship software, same forum, and some of the same staff. But again, all this can boil down to is definitions of words.

I was salty at first, and was pissed that I was only a few months into my 2 year licence. However after contacting Redfox they made me happy and a customer.

After reading the forums and learning more and more about the situation I'm convinced that this wasn't just a name change to screw over the lifetime users. And the story they tell is accurate.

So I guess it boils down to what should they have done?

The vast majority of Redfox's sales were and are from Slysoft customers. If they honored Slysoft licence holders they wouldn't receive any funds at all. And one thing for sure is that no money was "transitioned" from Slysoft. So they would then have to contunie the hard work that goes into this software with no money. They have to eat and live somewhere so it clearly wasn't a viable option.

So whether or not you think that it's right or wrong that Redfox isn't honoring Slysoft liences, it doesn't matter. The real question is would you have preferred that Slysoft just disappeared and had nothing to replace it? Because without any kind of income for Redfox to continue that's what it would have been. I'd rather have a not so great option than no option at all.

(Just to be clear, not associated with Slysoft or Redfox at all, however because of the closure of Slysoft and the opening of Redfox I actually ended up with a better deal than what I had).

Last edited:
While you will pay more USD than EUR, the amount you'll pay will be exactly the same. And just an fyi, prices are cheaper than the ones Slysoft had. There has been a 2 month long introductory discount from end of may to end of July, and another one ended about a week ago. Check back around the next major holiday, maybe they'll do another one around Halloween or something.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

"prices are cheaper than the ones Slysoft had"?

Hmmm, I had Slysoft lifetime for about 7 years for what i paid even if more. ho long will Redfox be in business if I purchase a lifetime from them.

Cheaper is relative in that it only equates if Redfox is around in perhaps 3 or more years. Otherwise if we pay less (cheaper) at Redfox and get a short lifetime registration, the math says we paid a lot more at Redfox. correct? Oh Yes! My gut says Redfox will suffer the same demise as Slysoft did. It is inevitable and just a matter of how long they can fight the piracy issues that lie ahead.

Yes, they're cheaper than the ones slysoft had after they converted from USD to EUR. a lifetime license for AnyDVD HD costed 129EUR if i'm right, redfox: 109. The same is true for the other items. How long will redfox last, nobody knows unless you've got a crystal ball and can look into the future. Obviously they have measures in place to hold such things off as long as possible. I know of a few that slysoft didn't have and of them being that they don't have a central office. It's hard to shut something down if it doesn't have a physical location.

"You're making up Slysoft transitioned into a new company"....

Slysoft was located in the Caribbean region. Redfox seems to originate in British Hondura (Belize) in the same/similar region, yet, the the very same software suite follows along from the old location and company to the new one.

Am I making this up?

Sorry to say, but, with no public record available for any of us to research, there is a gray area here between shutting down and transitioning to a new location w/ some most of the original employees and a a completely new company just starting out with a different software suite. Something still smells funny here.

"You're making up Slysoft transitioned into a new company"....

Slysoft was located in the Caribbean region. Redfox seems to originate in British Hondura (Belize) in the same/similar region, yet, the the very same software suite follows along from the old location and company to the new one.

Am I making this up?

Sorry to say, but, with no public record available for any of us to research, there is a gray area here between shutting down and transitioning to a new location w/ some most of the original employees and a a completely new company just starting out with a different software suite. Something still smells funny here.
Buy yourself a Christmas present and become part of the project. You will be happy you did. Join us.

Yes you're making it up. Redfox isnt located in Belize. The domain name is registered and that's where it stops. I can register a .fr or .nl or .uk domain name. Does that automatically mean I'm located in France, Netherlands of united kingdom? No.

That there's no public info to view is GOOD! Or are you really that desperate to see redfox shut down too? Anyway I'm done with this back and forth. You've been given a response and you just can't see the evidence or don't want to see it. I'm out.

OK> I'm done here as well No, Not desperate to see Redfox shut down once-so-ever, but, much more desperate to question if I'll get even a few years out of a lifetime purchase?

It's a just a gamble of course.

If you ever offer a promo to existing "lifetime" owners of Anydvd HD, you'd have my purchase! Oddly I was on the email list through all the years of owning lifetime AnyDVD with Slysoft, but, never ever got a heads up or a single communication when they closed or when you offered a special purchase in Spring 2016 as Redfox.

I think you called that "missing the boat" to one person who missed it like me.

Seems some company and location info out there is not correct then?:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RedFox

Meanwhile I'll wait. thanks, good luck.

I am out of here!!!!

There haven't been emails to anyone, you know what happens when a shut down? Servers get shut down too, including the mail server and email lists. Redfox is still setting up such an infrastructure. Others just kept up with the dozens of news articles on as many news sites, they read the message that was posted on the slysoft website, they read the discount announcements the forums,... Don't blame redfox because you didn't do any of that.

As to that wikipedia page, it's full of inaccuracies. 'company', 'reformed' there. None of that's true. And you probably know, anyone can write and edit articles and write what they want. That's already stated on the "talk" page of the redfox wikipedia entry. But apparently you didn't read that one. Almost nobody does, and as such the inaccuracies remain in "the wild".

If you ever offer a promo to existing "lifetime" owners of Anydvd HD, you'd have my purchase!

As an old Slysoft lifetime licence holder I'd bet if you sent a nice email off to Redfox asking for the 20% off promotion I'd doubt they'd deny you. ;)

That's exacly what they did for users who purchased shortly before slysoft got shut down. Ppl sent in a message and got a discount.

We are sorry you feel that way, yes there are other things out there, but RedFox is number one or you wouldn't be here, and the other software isn't free either, think about it, do you want an old Ford or a Rolls Royce.
I'll take the old Ford. Built better, and more reliable.

I am a lifetime SS license holder and was also recently surprised by this news. Working for a software company, I understand both sides. I get it, it sucks.

The reality is that DVD's and hard media in general are ancient history. Do you buy music on CD? Nope, iTunes. Go to Blockbuster? Gone. Mom & Pop DVD Rental store? Dead. DVD aisle at Walmart? On life support. The "Redbox" vending machine at the grocery store? Collecting dust. The days of people buying DVD's and keeping rows and rows in their media room are gone. I got rid of mine long ago in favor of Torrents and a PLEX Server (which rocks BTW).

So, I will just continue with the last SS version until it no longer works. All I use it for these days is for decrypting the odd "Dora The Explorer" DVD for my daughter anyway. :D

I wish everyone good luck, but unless I come across some priceless must-have DVD that doesnt work on the SS version and I cant find a Torrent for, I wont be buying a second lifetime sub.

Buy music cds? Nope
Video rental? Weekly + Postal Disc subscription. That said, "Torrents"? Please do not say that type of source here, such discussions are frowned upon. Further posts on this subject will be removed.

nothing on this forum here is illegal. Nor is anydvd itself. What YOU do with it is YOUR business, redfox is not responsible for that. Though movie studios like to think otherwise.

nothing on this forum here is illegal. Nor is anydvd itself. What YOU do with it is YOUR business, redfox is not responsible for that. Though movie studios like to think otherwise.

I didn't say it was. That would be you.

Good luck with your continued mail order movie rentals.

Physical media is on the way out that's for sure. However it's the earlier release dates given to physical media is what is keeping it alive.... that and maybe crappy internet speeds. The only reason I still use physical media is because I can watch a movie sooner, and with little compression.

I`m sorry to say that but all this seems to be a cheat of the year or lets say cheat of lifetime... I`v bougt lifetime license several years ago , now I`v lost it completely. why ??? have no idea , program looks same ,every icons ,graphics etc looks to pretend to be from Slysoft so do not say to me that this is different company . I have to be clear U cheated me and I have no power to change it or fight it . When I tried to log into this forum with email I bought my licence from, system said - I`m not allowed ! It said ntt.com or whatever is banned byt why .o2.pl ?? dont know . In my opinion when U pose as former Slysoft U should accept its old lifetime licenses , that`s clear ..
Happy Christmas to all of You anyway ..

Then you need to do a lot more research into what happened the past 7 months. It's been public news. They don't pretend to be anyone, they don't pose as former slysoft, they shouldn't accept old licenses. Reasons are all over these forums & google.

those 2 domains you list are banned because either A) they blacklisted the redfox mail servers or B) silently prevent you from receiving any redfox mails (this includes forum notifications). So they just blocked them to prevent problems with user registrations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back