• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lifetime License my butt

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah because they followed the news or through anydvd's update notification. When the transition initially happened they only had a partial one.

@Ross M: they have safeguards in place to hold things of as long as possible. Which ones? Not going to tell you as that would defeat their entire purpose. If they tell you or anyone they might as well give the AACS-LA and MPAA a direct phone call and go "hey here's where we are, shut us down please".

I think they have the customer DB - because of this:

RedFox 1, Sep 29, 2016 : "Over 95% of the original Slysoft customers have come back to RedFox, so please do not make assumptions."

You can make such a statement only if you know all the facts.
...or if you want to prove your skills as a talented salesman ;)
...or if you simply knew the total number of old customers.

you do need the customer DB? How else are you checking if the file sent in is a valid one!
Maybe the same way AnyDVD checks the key file ;)
Afaik AnyDVD doesn't use online activation and therefore doesn't check a online DB.
So I guess a "standalone" key file should be enough for a online validity check.

Hello,

LONG time user and have purchased ALL your products. You were part of slysoft and still market the same apps with the same functionality, so yes, they are your products.

This is a raw deal as I just "upgraded" as well, only to get a surprise same as everyone else. It's the same product as version 7, not a new program that does something totally different... What a scheme. Need more money? Just change the business name and tell your customers to get lost or buy another "lifetime license".

Then to top it all off, don't even notify your customers with the 20% discount so they can pay full price later. Sheezz. I never got an email about anything... Nor a pop-up in my AnyDVD app giving me any notification. Yes, you can take a license key and create a new one for version 8...no excuses there. For folks that lost their email, too bad. I've lost money too and never expected anyone to help me find it.

People use cracked software all the time, yet this is what paying folks get. Makes you wonder...

Last edited:
No, redfox was NOT a part of SlySoft. Some staff members were yes, but Slysoft got shut down by the mpaa/aacs-la. Blame them. There is no scheme, they didn't change the business name. RedFox isn't even a business, it's a closed source project. Different thing, and again, SlySoft got forcefully shut down by the mpaa/aacs-la. They rendered your license null and void. If that hadn't happened, slysoft would still exist.

No notification? Do your research please. There was a 2 MONTH long period with various discounts depending upon when you've purchased from end of may to end of july this year. Then another one just ended just over a week ago. No popup? Even AnyDVD 7.6.9.5 found the first v8.

Cracked software, good luck with that. But don't discuss it here or your account will get banned. Read the forum rules, and don't blame the staff for what happened. Blame the USA and their government for giving civilian authorities too much power and force THEIR LAWS upon other countries where they have no business doing so.

SlySoft got forcefully shut down by the mpaa/aacs-la.
I thought Slysoft got shut down by The antiguan authorities.
This could be expected as mentioned in the 2014 Special Report 301:
The problem of online piracy is exacerbated due to the development and sale of devices that allow for the circumvention of technological protection measures (TPM). Such devices include “game copiers” and mod chips that make it possible to play pirated games on gaming systems. Software that enables TPM circumvention is also distributed online. For example, SlySoft, a company headquartered and operating in Antigua, developed and sells a program called “Any DVD HD” that enables the user to defeat the encryption technology embedded in Blu-ray Discs that prevents unauthorized reproduction and distribution. Antigua’s Copyright Act makes it illegal to manufacture or import for sale or rental any such circumvention device. The consortium of electronic manufacturers, software companies, and motion picture studios that developed these technological protection measures has worked with the criminal enforcement authorities in Antigua for over seven years to enforce this statute and have this case prosecuted. In April 2014, the owner and operator of Slysoft was found guilty of providing tools to circumvent encryption and was fined $30,000. It is unclear whether the Government of Antigua and Barbuda will permit the site to continue operating now that its courts have determined the conduct to be unlawful. The United States will continue to monitor the situation.

Do you want to comment on what I wrote in post #22 ?
I still don't understand why you need the customer DB when checking a key file.

Yeah, the antiguan authories actually pulled the trigger, but who do you think put all that pressure on them (and even threatened to place them on the priority watch list)? Right, the mpaa and aacs-la ;)

If some people want to continue with the conspiracy theory that SlySoft became RedFox merely to scam money from the users, they might want to read this.

Yea, giving away free licenses brings in so much money. :rolleyes:

Hello,

LONG time user and have purchased ALL your products. You were part of slysoft and still market the same apps with the same functionality, so yes, they are your products.

This is a raw deal as I just "upgraded" as well, only to get a surprise same as everyone else. It's the same product as version 7, not a new program that does something totally different... What a scheme. Need more money? Just change the business name and tell your customers to get lost or buy another "lifetime license".

Then to top it all off, don't even notify your customers with the 20% discount so they can pay full price later. Sheezz. I never got an email about anything... Nor a pop-up in my AnyDVD app giving me any notification. Yes, you can take a license key and create a new one for version 8...no excuses there. For folks that lost their email, too bad. I've lost money too and never expected anyone to help me find it.

People use cracked software all the time, yet this is what paying folks get. Makes you wonder...

But what would you have done in their situation? They worked for a company, got paid by their boss. And then one day it all fell apart. They got given right to the software etc.

95% of the people who've bought a new licence were slysoft customers. If they honored slysoft licences they would literally have no income to continue on.

As for the you missing the 20% discount, you should have kept your software up to date then you would have found out.

From a business law perspective a lifetime license regards the product, not the company or the individual. That is moot though, because they have positioned themselves in what appears to be Brazil? The ethical thing to do is to grandfather Slysoft lifetime members in with this new company - or discontinue production entirely.

The more interesting point is actually made by JT!:

"But what would you have done in their situation? They worked for a company, got paid by their boss. And then one day it all fell apart. They got given right to the software etc.
95% of the people who've bought a new licence were slysoft customers. If they honored slysoft licences they would literally have no income to continue on."

If this is indeed the case, which I believe it to be. How long do you believe RedFox will continue to be a company, if they are only able to acquire 5% new business. It would seem they will need to make a new company soon enough named BlueCow, nullifying the promises they made to both SlySoft customers and RedFox customers.

They arent located in brazil. They domain is registered in belize (.bz), brazil is .br. And that's all. Just because the domain is has a .bz domain doesn't mean redfox is located there. Same goes for any other .tld. Just because i can register a .fr domain, doesn't mean i'm located in france.

SlySoft was forced to shut down by US pressure upon Antigua, e.g. it went out of business and thus gone. Thankfully Redfox picked up in Belize and saved the product. Slysoft V7.6.9.5 continues to perform for me along with Clone DVD2, but when AnyDVD fails for newer titles, I will bite the bullet and purchase with few guarantees for the future. So life-time may not really mean life-time.
It is what is is. I will roll on.

I think the issue that some have is - the product itself was just continued under a new name... Hell, my old Slysoft AnyDVD says Redfox.bz on it - and it says I should get "lifetime updates"
w3yQS

Imgur: http://imgur.com/a/w3yQS

If Slysoft was truly taken down as said - Why is Slysoft.com still up and running? http://www.whois.com/whois/slysoft.com - This website was never confiscated. If it was confiscated, or shut down, the website would not be able to redirect or forward you - moreover .... it would not be being payed for ... and updated as recently as 11/4/2016.

I think the issue that some have is - the product itself was just continued under a new name... Hell, my old Slysoft AnyDVD says Redfox.bz on it - and it says I should get "lifetime updates"
w3yQS

Imgur: http://imgur.com/a/w3yQS

If Slysoft was truly taken down as said - Why is Slysoft.com still up and running? http://www.whois.com/whois/slysoft.com - This website was never confiscated. If it was confiscated, or shut down, the website would not be able to redirect or forward you - moreover .... it would not be being payed for ... and updated as recently as 11/4/2016.
Slysoft.com says and I quote " Due to recent regulatory requirements we have had to cease all activities relating to SlySoft Inc.
We wish to thank our loyal customers/clients for their patronage over the years."

This seems like a scam to me, change the name and resell the license keys. I'm not saying that Slysoft didn't shutdown, but in shutting down how do the developers have the rights to the intellectual properties that Slysoft as a company owned and sold licenses to? If they sold it to Redfox then this looks to be a way to duck out of the "pressure" that had been on them and also to make a lot more money selling licenses to the people that had already paid for them. I paid for a lifetime license to all of Slysoft's software a long time ago. Slysoft may be dead, but the software isn't. Good thing that this software isn't the only thing out there now. I hope you guys do ok, but you're not getting anymore money from me.

Please do your research. Everything you're disputing has been answered to already and is widely available through google & forum search. They have all the legal rights they need to, because when slysoft shut down the developers were owed backpay. Rather than paying them, the CEO signed over all rights to the name and brand of "AnyDVD HD", and gave them that rather than money. He did put up a fight for multiple years holding off the inevitible. Disc decryption has an inherit danger. The slysoft ceo didn't sell anything, he "paid" the developers with the brand rather than money. If he hadn''t done that, your license would have died OVERNIGHT when slysoft got shut down.

Nobody likes what happened, not the former staff, not the current one, and definitely not the users. But the only ones to blame here are the MPAA and AACS-LA. Ultimately THEY are the ones that pressured the antiguan government to shut slysoft down permanently or face the (severe) consequences.

This seems like a scam to me, change the name and resell the license keys. I'm not saying that Slysoft didn't shutdown, but in shutting down how do the developers have the rights to the intellectual properties that Slysoft as a company owned and sold licenses to? If they sold it to Redfox then this looks to be a way to duck out of the "pressure" that had been on them and also to make a lot more money selling licenses to the people that had already paid for them. I paid for a lifetime license to all of Slysoft's software a long time ago. Slysoft may be dead, but the software isn't. Good thing that this software isn't the only thing out there now. I hope you guys do ok, but you're not getting anymore money from me.
We are sorry you feel that way, yes there are other things out there, but RedFox is number one or you wouldn't be here, and the other software isn't free either, think about it, do you want an old Ford or a Rolls Royce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back