• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lifetime License my butt

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Curiosity killed the Cat", kidding aside, he wouldn't know the answer to that question.
"...but satisfaction brought it back."

Semantics aside, I am curious about the percentage of lifetime license holders as well. Not for any particular reason other than curiosity about which license was/is the most popular.

Those numbers arent going to be disclosed. That's on a need to know basis, and normal users don't need to know. Only the staff that handles the financial side of things.

Those numbers arent going to be disclosed. That's on a need to know basis, and normal users don't need to know. Only the staff that handles the financial side of things.
That's okay. I expected such a response and I totally understand it. One must be careful with the information one provides to the public when one needs to protect oneself. (so many "ones"!)

I don't think so...

The more interesting point is actually made by JT!:

"But what would you have done in their situation? They worked for a company, got paid by their boss. And then one day it all fell apart. They got given right to the software etc.
95% of the people who've bought a new licence were slysoft customers. If they honored slysoft licences they would literally have no income to continue on."

If this is indeed the case, which I believe it to be. How long do you believe RedFox will continue to be a company, if they are only able to acquire 5% new business. It would seem they will need to make a new company soon enough named BlueCow, nullifying the promises they made to both SlySoft customers and RedFox customers.

Please stop the quessing. The only ones that need to know anything about license holder amounts are the staff. Customer numbers are on a need to know basis, and neither of you need to know. That's priviledge information.

To be honest the 2nd time I said 95% I was intoxicated and thought it was hilarious at the time.

But I believe someone who works in Redfox did actually state that 95% of Redfox's ANYDVD HD were sold to Slysoft licence holders. It was probably knowing that statistic that made me much more understanding about Redfox's situation. Given that if they did honor Slysoft licences they'd be flat out broke.

Please stop the quessing. The only ones that need to know anything about license holder amounts are the staff. Customer numbers are on a need to know basis, and neither of you need to know. That's priviledge information.
As you wish, but surely there's no harm in it? I honestly doubt that @JT! and I are THAT eccentric about finding out that information.

My guess is that a huge number of those 95% were LTL holders. And with the public image of Redfox not being that great right now with the changeover and people having to "rebuy" their licences it's probably not a great idea from them to release that information to reinforce that.

My guess is that a huge number of those 95% were LTL holders. And with the public image of Redfox not being that great right now with the changeover and people having to "rebuy" their licences it's probably not a great idea from them to release that information to reinforce that.
My thoughts exactly!

It is a customers prerogative to seek any information they feel they need before making a decision to purchase any product.
Then base their decision on what information they find .
Part of that decision may be the willingness of a company to disclose information they ask for.
Lack of willingness of a company to disclose information asked for could be construed as dishonest.

Does a company (such as redfox) have to release any information it is ask ?
Of course the answer is No .

Whether the customer feels they need to know is up to that customer .
Does the customer have to accept they "Don't need to know" ?
Of course the answer is also No .
The customer controls this by not making the purchase if they feel the do need to know.
The making a complaint about this directly to redfox.

This applies to any question .

If some people want to continue with the conspiracy theory that SlySoft became RedFox merely to scam money from the users, they might want to read this.

Yea, giving away free licenses brings in so much money. :rolleyes:
And for anyone that has any doubt about how much giving away free licenses would affect RedFox, take a look at what DVDFab did with Passkey. They had a limited-time free license giveaway for Passkey v8, but when they released Passkey v9, they cancelled all of those free keys. DVDFab realized that they made a mistake and knew they had to do something about it.

@ David_B ,
I'm not sure where you got your DVDFab Passkey license .
If it was the club.myce.com forum one .
I just tested that key this morning & it worked with the latest version.
I usually use another key I own for DVDFab Passkey.
So I know the giveaway key was used new .
That is from messages that are given when you activate a different key.
If anyone has the giveaway key that I have it still works with the latest version of DVDFab Passkey.

@ David_B ,
I'm not sure where you got your DVDFab Passkey license .
If it was the club.myce.com forum one .
I just tested that key this morning & it worked with the latest version.
I usually use another key I own for DVDFab Passkey.
So I know the giveaway key was used new .
That is from messages that are given when you activate a different key.
If anyone has the giveaway key that I have it still works with the latest version of DVDFab Passkey.

@cholla

The key I got begins with 0920OJ............................... is it the same ? (Was a giveaway from DVDFab).

I had to find it again . Buried deep.
The one I have begins the same as yours.
Ends with F8SDWA=

I am registered at DVDFab & have other software from them.
I don't know if that makes a difference but it might.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back