• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lifetime License my butt

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's a fully working in perfectly restored Ford model T, i'll take that one any day over a rolls. :p

I get that all the staff needs to make a living and support themselves and their families. I've been doing that myself for a long time. I also understand that it must have been hard to accept rights to the software instead of salary that was owed. But I'm sure when that happened the choice of whether or not to honor existing licenses came up and the decision was made to require new licenses. This was an economic decision that I can understand but I don't agree with. Oh, and to be honest, I'd rather have the old Ford, parts and repairs are cheaper and you're not paying just for the name. ;)

This was NOT an economic decision? Where did you get that absurd idea. Slysoft was forcefully shut down by the authorities, there was nothing economic about it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

One thing that people seem to forget and need to remember is that they only required purchasing a new license for AnyDVDHD and not CDVDM or CCD. Which by all means they could have but chose NOT to for US.(CDVD & CBD are Elby products and were not affected by the shutdown). Selling the AnyDVDHD licenses is a necessity for there to even be any REDFOX in the first place. Everyone seems to forget the fact that "someone" had to foot the relocation and new development costs. Because they got no money from Mr. Slysoft all they got was the program names and codes and you don't recoup any losses by giving it all away. Without the selling of new licensing by RedFox.WE WOULD NOT BE ON HERE TODAY nor would RedFox still exist. And the best damn decrypter on the planet would be DEAD. And the Chinaman's knockoff would be all that is left. {Sorry not a option for me}. I will also say that everyone at RedFox has went Above and Beyond the normal standard of business dealing with all of this. And it obviously does its job and is very useful or some wouldn't still be upset about having to purchase a new license. Yet there are users that have absolutely no problem paying for the yearly updates and version number changes that is three to four times more than the full price of the AnyDVDHD LTL . AnyDVDHD is worth more to me than the $80 or so I spent on a new license. And for everyone worried about the longevity. They do have yearly license's that can also be renewed for multiple years or into a LTL if you desire. And honestly they would prefer that you buy the year to year licensing anyway.

One thing that people seem to forget and need to remember is that they only required purchasing a new license for AnyDVDHD and not CDVDM or CCD. Which by all means they could have but chose NOT to for US.(CDVD & CBD are Elby products and were not affected by the shutdown). Selling the AnyDVDHD licenses is a necessity for there to even be any REDFOX in the first place. Everyone seems to forget the fact that "someone" had to foot the relocation and new development costs. Because they got no money from Mr. Slysoft all they got was the program names and codes and you don't recoup any losses by giving it all away. Without the selling of new licensing by RedFox.WE WOULD NOT BE ON HERE TODAY nor would RedFox still exist. And the best damn decrypter on the planet would be DEAD. And the Chinaman's knockoff would be all that is left. {Sorry not a option for me}. I will also say that everyone at RedFox has went Above and Beyond the normal standard of business dealing with all of this. And it obviously does its job and is very useful or some wouldn't still be upset about having to purchase a new license. Yet there are users that have absolutely no problem paying for the yearly updates and version number changes that is three to four times more than the full price of the AnyDVDHD LTL . AnyDVDHD is worth more to me than the $80 or so I spent on a new license. And for everyone worried about the longevity. They do have yearly license's that can also be renewed for multiple years or into a LTL if you desire. And honestly they would prefer that you buy the year to year licensing anyway.
Excellent commentary, nebostrangla.

Without AnyDVD HD, all the other software is essentially useless, because they can't decrypt DVDs/Blu-rays. Only AnyDVD HD can.

With AnyDVD HD, you can use all the other software that RedFox/elby supplies to convert your DVD/Blu-ray into what form you wish. If you want to use non-RedFox/elby software such as DVD Shrink, etc., then you can--provided that you have AnyDVD HD around to help out with the decryption.

I'm glad that RedFox is around to pick up the pieces left over from SlySoft's demise, because the alternative is EOL (End Of Life) for AnyDVD/AnyDVD HD.

Excellent commentary, nebostrangla.
Without AnyDVD HD, all the other software is essentially useless, because they can't decrypt DVDs/Blu-rays. Only AnyDVD HD can.
With AnyDVD HD, you can use all the other software that RedFox/elby supplies to convert your DVD/Blu-ray into what form you wish. If you want to use non-RedFox/elby software such as DVD Shrink, etc., then you can--provided that you have AnyDVD HD around to help out with the decryption.
I'm glad that RedFox is around to pick up the pieces left over from SlySoft's demise, because the alternative is EOL (End Of Life) for AnyDVD/AnyDVD HD.
I don't think that is the problem there is a underlying problem they want something for nothing-that is the real story here but they refuse to admit to it. And were told Lifetime was with Slysoft but can't seem to see the Facts presented to them.

This was NOT an economic decision? Where did you get that absurd idea. Slysoft was forcefully shut down by the authorities, there was nothing economic about it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

He very clearly stated it was an economic decision to require new licenses. He didn't say it was an economic to shut down. Reading comprehension.

I would like to try to dispel the misunderstanding that is apparently being assumed about LTL's.

A "lifetime license" does not refer to YOUR lifetime. It only refers to the "lifetime" of that software. For example: There is a lot of software on the market that offers a "lifetime license," but when they produce a new version, that "lifetime" is over. Bottom line - not all new versions of or upgrades to software are free.

A prime example is anti-virus software. You can get free "updates" as often as you wish and as often as they are available. But when that anti-virus software company creates a newly-designed version of that software, it isn't free and your "LTL" to the old one is over. And that's with the same company you bought it from.

So it should certainly be understandable that when an entire software business enterprise ceases to exist all warranties and licenses cease also. So we need to thank our lucky stars that RedFox (an entirely separate and new company) was created to continue the availability of AnyDVD HD.

I would like to try to dispel the misunderstanding that is apparently being assumed about LTL's.

A "lifetime license" does not refer to YOUR lifetime. It only refers to the "lifetime" of that software. For example: There is a lot of software on the market that offers a "lifetime license," but when they produce a new version, that "lifetime" is over. Bottom line - not all new versions of or upgrades to software are free.

A prime example is anti-virus software. You can get free "updates" as often as you wish and as often as they are available. But when that anti-virus software company creates a newly-designed version of that software, it isn't free and your "LTL" to the old one is over. And that's with the same company you bought it from.

So it should certainly be understandable that when an entire software business enterprise ceases to exist all warranties and licenses cease also. So we need to thank our lucky stars that RedFox (an entirely separate and new company) was created to continue the availability of AnyDVD HD.
This is the problem those asking for lifetime are grabbing for straws of which there is none to be had but thinking if I complain loud enough they will give in and give me a license without thinking nothing comes for free but they only can see tunnel visions.

More than 95% of the Redfox licences sold were Slysoft licence holders. If Redfox honored Slysoft licences they wouldn't even have the funds to get past the first month.

If a business shuts down and a new business opens with most of the same employees and the same product, isn't it really the same business other than the name and a few pieces of paperwork?

No, because in your first few words you're already wrong. Redfox isnt a business in the sense of a company. A company has a central location, ceo,... Redfox is a closed source project and has none of that. The product (line) isn't the same either. Slysoft for example had two anydvd versions, redfox has 1. Other than that, as said multiple times, everything that can be said has been said and beaten to a pulp.

Is it the same code base and are the some of the same developers working on it?

Yes, that got answered multiple times just the same. The former CEO signed over all rights to the name 'Anydvd HD' and yes SOME os the former staff came over. Does that make redfox the same as slysoft? No.

Google this and find out how easy it is to walk away debt and obligation free only to set up business again and play the same game with your old and new customers.
You hit the nail on the head my friend. That very thing happened to me and my company. I do web development and I had to take a client to court because they refused to pay the bill. By the time the judgement came in our favor, the owner "closed" his company and "licensed" his web software to the Vice President of the company he just closed and then that VP opened a "New" company using the web software we developed.
So legally they are a "separate" and different company but in reality, it's all a shell game. Their website is the same, office location is the same, EVERYTHING is the same except who the owner is and the legal name.

Fact is, Slysoft migrated to a new company as is often done in the USA. Company folds or goes bankrupt and opens again under a new name. Perfectly legal and done more often then it should be.

The Slysoft software (and all of the accounts/users) went with the employees over to the new office and the simply reopened under a new name to obscure location and identity.

Fact is LIFETIME means squat. As in a bankruptcy or a company out of business, when they reopen, often it is all the same other then the name of the business and possibly a new location.

Even if Slysoft folded for whatever reason, be certain the new name simply cloaks and protects the old business.

Do not dare to fall for another lifetime subscription from Redfox. They could close for any reason they want to and walk away happy and safe from any worries of sending you a refund or even offering you a discount as a previous lic owner if they opened up again under yet, another new name.

Spend some time and Google this and find out how easy it is to walk away debt and obligation free, and to easily set up a new business again and play the same game with your old and new customers.

REDFOX,.. want to make amends, you have one chance only before all of us abandon you completely this time around...

"Fool me once,.. shame on you,..fool me twice, ..shame on ME".

Come up with honoring ALL existing and previous licenses you all know well in that you have this database safe and sound under the new name. you know who purchased what and when. you could honor all of these right now.

Do it soon or plan to close later in 2017 due to a great lack of previous customers taking the bait again!

Plenty of previous customers, including myself, purchased the software again under the Redfox name. They didn't have to offer a lifetime license this time around but they did. Even if they had decided to offer the software on a yearly subscription model I would have still purchased it every year. It's just that good. Don't hold your breath waiting for Redfox to honor your old Slysoft lifetime license. I doubt you will find a more effective program than AnyDVD HD out there, especially with the support these guys provide here in the forums and via support tickets. To each his own, but I am sticking with these guys for as long as this ride lasts !!!
(y)(y)

Plenty of previous customers, including myself, purchased the software again under the Redfox name. They didn't have to offer a lifetime license this time around but they did. Even if they had decided to offer the software on a yearly subscription model I would have still purchased it every year. It's just that good. Don't hold your breath waiting for Redfox to honor your old Slysoft lifetime license. I doubt you will find a more effective program than AnyDVD HD out there, especially with the support these guys provide here in the forums and via support tickets. To each his own, but I am sticking with these guys for as long as this ride lasts !!!
(y)(y)

Each to his/her own. It indeed may be a short ride though! I hope not for all who purchased again, but, the studios are already probably coming on board to play the game once again.

Slysoft was located in the Caribbean. any guesses where Redfox might now be? Enjoy the ride while it lasts!

Fact is, Slysoft migrated to a new company as is often done in the USA. Company folds or goes bankrupt and opens again under a new name. Perfectly legal and done more often then it should be.

Your "fact" is wrong. Slysoft didn't migrate to anything. Not a company, not an organisation, not even a backyard barn. Slysoft got SHUT DOWN PERMANENTLY by the authorities. You can't migrate something that got shut down.

The Slysoft software (and all of the accounts/users) went with the employees over to the new office and the simply reopened under a new name to obscure location and identity.

Wrong again, Redfox didn't have all the user accounts. If they did they would have been able to contact every lifetime holder personally with an message. They werent. The employees also didn't move to a new office and simply reopened under an obscure name and identity or even a very clear one. RedFox doersn't have an office AT ALL, nor did ALL employees transition over into RedFox.

Fact is LIFETIME means squat. As in a bankruptcy or a company out of business, when they reopen, often it is all the same other then the name of the business and possibly a new location.
That may very well be, but that doesn't apply to redfox.

Even if Slysoft folded for whatever reason, be certain the new name simply cloaks and protects the old business.

"Whatever reason?" That reason is very clear. The MPAA and AACS-LA didn't like what anydvd could do and allowed users to do so they shut it (and for that matter MANY OTHER ONES LIKE IT) down permanently. That's your reason right there.

REDFOX,.. want to make amends, you have one chance only before all of us abandon you completely this time around...

Amends for what? Redfox didn't do anything wrong

Come up with honoring ALL existing and previous licenses you all know well in that you have this database safe and sound under the new name. you know who purchased what and when. you could honor all of these right now.

They ARE honoring all existing licenses by RedFox. They are under no obligation at all to honor slysoft licenses. That was the job of slysoft. You got your license from Slysoft, you were given updates for the lifetime of SLYSOFT. You paid SLYSOFT, not redfox. If you have a problem with that and would like compensation/refund, take it up with SLYSOFT. If you can find the owner.

Do it soon or plan to close later in 2017 due to a great lack of previous customers taking the bait again!
So now we're threatening the staff and making baseless claims based upon thin air?

Please don't make up facts & things that simply are wrong. This will not be tolerated. Please do the research and educate yourself into what actually happened. Don't just go around and make things up out of thin air.

Your "fact" is wrong. Slysoft didn't migrate to anything. Not a company, not an organisation, not even a backyard barn. Slysoft got SHUT DOWN PERMANENTLY by the authorities. You can't migrate something that got shut down.

Wrong again, Redfox didn't have all the user accounts. If they did they would have been able to contact every lifetime holder personally with an message. They werent. The employees also didn't move to a new office and simply reopened under an obscure name and identity or even a very clear one. RedFox doersn't have an office AT ALL, nor did ALL employees transition over into RedFox.

That may very well be, but that doesn't apply to redfox.

"Whatever reason?" That reason is very clear. The MPAA and AACS-LA didn't like what anydvd could do and allowed users to do so they shut it (and for that matter MANY OTHER ONES LIKE IT) down permanently. That's your reason right there.

Amends for what? Redfox didn't do anything wrong

They ARE honoring all existing licenses by RedFox. They are under no obligation at all to honor slysoft licenses. That was the job of slysoft. You got your license from Slysoft, you were given updates for the lifetime of SLYSOFT. You paid SLYSOFT, not redfox. If you have a problem with that and would like compensation/refund, take it up with SLYSOFT. If you can find the owner.

So now we're threatening the staff and making baseless claims based upon thin air?

Please don't make up facts & things that simply are wrong. This will not be tolerated. Please do the research and educate yourself into what actually happened. Don't just go around and make things up out of thin air.

Make up this stuff...?

"This will not be tolerated?" Are you with Redfox? Ya gotta' be!!!!

If you can't beat them with brains, baffle them with BS!

I'm just wondering how many of these supportive replies are in fact coming from a Redfox related source and alliance?

Fact is if anyone supports and disagrees with the injustice here, what goes around, will come around and presumably, much to their great surprise.

-----------------
..so would a lifetime subscription that ended up being only in reality for perhaps one year (as an example) before Redfox closed be ok to you if you ended up in that scenario and out some serious $ with no recourse to get a penny back?

If YES, go for the LIFETIME purchase most definitely!

NOT ME!

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do not double post, use the edit link below your post instead.

Make up this stuff...?

Yes, making stuff up and i told you exactly what. Apparantly you missed it so here's an itemised list

- You're making up Slysoft transitioned into a new company. They didn't, slysoft got shut down permanently. Nothing to transition
- You're making up they had ALL user accounts, they didn't. This has been stated by RedFox staff
- you're making up all staff moved into a new office. They didn't, not all staff transitioned into redfox and they don't have an office.
- you're making up it's some "obscure whatever reason" slysoft got shut down. There's nothing obscure about it. Feel free to call the mpaa and aacs-la

"This will not be tolerated?" Are you with Redfox? Ya gotta' be!!!!

I can assure you i'm not. Threats towards staff and users will not be tolerated. You're welcome to state your opinion, but threats are a bridge too far.

Fact is if anyone supports and disagrees with the injustice here, what goes around, will come around and presumably, much to their great surprise.

That's not a fact, that's an assumption. Different thing.

..so would a lifetime subscription that ended up being only in reality for perhaps one year (as an example) before Redfox closed be ok to you if you ended up in that scenario and out some serious $ with no recourse to get a penny back?

In that case although it would be a short lifetime yes, the user would have gotten updates for the lifetime of redfox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back