• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Download multiple audios - Discussion (tips...)

You are "losing" your subtitles because mkvmerge doesn't support timed text (the subtitles format used by the mp4 container). I remux MP4 to MKV all the time and I don't lose the subtitles.

Well, but now i dont understant good. You says: You are "losing" your subtitles because mkvmerge doesn't support timed text.
Ok- But in second you says:I remux MP4 to MKV all the time and I don't lose the subtitles.

Therefore how you remux mp4 to mkv?. What a program you use ?

In addition, you write that the third audio stream will be lost and not available, and that basically means that I will have to use another other program.
Nah, it's just that I personally don't use more streams ... you can have as many subtitles and audio streams as you like ... just the first 2 are directly visible in the main window
upload_2022-11-27_13-0-58.png

You can add more in the container configuration ... same location where you can add/move/remove subtitles
upload_2022-11-27_13-2-31.png

Once you got the hang of it, it's quite easy.
I also made a thread how to remux with StaxRip
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/howto-remux-multiple-mp4-to-mkv-with-staxrip.85927/

Attachments

• upload_2022-11-27_13-0-3.png
    upload_2022-11-27_13-0-3.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 3
Well, but now i dont understant good. You says: You are "losing" your subtitles because mkvmerge doesn't support timed text.
Ok- But in second you says:I remux MP4 to MKV all the time and I don't lose the subtitles.

Therefore how you remux mp4 to mkv?. What a program you use ?

I have a script that extracts the timed text to srt via "My MP4 Box." It then remuxes using mkvmerge using the aforementioned SRT files, setting the forced flag as appropriate.

after some days of use...
I really hope that a manual sorting of the audio language would be possible in the future.
for me e.g.
1. German (Standard)
2. English or OV
would be sufficient. If AS would support that so that this could be achieved like it is possible in MKVToolNix to set this things accordingly:
upload_2022-11-27_15-25-24.png
then MKVToolNix wouldn't be needed anymore. And time saving would be maximized!

Br, Florian

PS: it is really great that multiple audios can be downloaded at once now!

I really hope that a manual sorting of the audio language would be possible in the future.
You might want to have a look at this Registry entry and sort it as you like
Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\RedFox\AnyStream\Media\PrefAudioLanguage

You might want to have a look at this Registry entry and sort it as you like
Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\RedFox\AnyStream\Media\PrefAudioLanguage

is this an official solution? Or will this have side effects later on?

Or will this have side effects later on?
It can, when you download a language you usually don't. That's why I am so persistent with asking to make everything (audio and the (forced) subs) a setting instead of relying on AS to leard it or even the need to reset that registry key by hand (yes, it can be done by double-clicking the .reg key if you save it, but still).
By making it a setting, all discussion would end immediately (except some design questions of course, like if something can be displayed in another way, but the issues itself would be fixed).

I find downloading multiple audio cumbersome a bit with AnyStream+. I would like to stay with the MP4 container whenever possible, but I want the program to be reliable when it comes to ordering audio (and possibly subtitles) tracks. Right now the order seems to be messed up.

Example. When downloaded episodes of "Deep Water" from NF in queue, it orders audio tracks in first file in the following order: en/pl/pl.ad/de. But in all the other files the ordering of audio is different, for example pl.ad/de/en/pl in second episode.

Please, do something with it and allow users to specify tracks ordering and specifying the default audio/subtitle, if MP4 specification allows it. Right now, if I want to have all the tracks in single file with specified order, I still have to deal with it manually.

Attached logs. Let me know if I should make new thread regarding the issue.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.4.9.0.astlog
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Attached logs. Let me know if I should make new thread regarding the issue.
It is a known issue that has been talked about by me enough, but till now it seems the devs are not going to do it, at least that's how their text sounded to me.
So, unfortunately I am not able to use it at all and will download everything twice. Would have to do anyway, because I sometimes also download 720p in addition to 1080p.
But nice to hear that I am not the only one. In opposite, the auto-eject for AnyDVD.

Edit: Note that I once took a look at CloneCD and there I could see the option to auto-eject the disc... and who sells it? RedFox.

I absolutely support @DeepSpace here. I am working with Emby Server on my Synology Diskstation, and Emby uses the first audio track as standard. This means I have to manually switch the language whenever my mother language is not in the first track of the movie. My current procedure for these files:
1) Use MKVToolNix to echange the order of the audia tracks
Unfortunately, this makes a mkv file from my mp4 file, therefore:
2) Use Avidemux to change it back to mp4 without recoding.
Takes about 2 minutes per file, depending on file size.

But thanks for including the feature to download multiple audio tracks, great enhancement!

I have a script that extracts the timed text to srt via "My MP4 Box." It then remuxes using mkvmerge using the aforementioned SRT files, setting the forced flag as appropriate.

Question 1
Do you use "My MP4Box GUI" v0.6.0.6 (2013) ?
Question 2
Can you help me with the script ?

I tested a ffmpeg scripts but all the atempts ends like this :rolleyes:

timed text.jpg

Last edited:
Question 1
Do you use "My MP4Box GUI" v0.6.0.6 (2013) ?
Question 2
Can you help me with the script ?

I tested a ffmpeg scripts but all the atempts ends like this :rolleyes:

View attachment 68819

Yes, I'm using the same version of My MP4Box.

I can try. ffmpeg does support texted time. By default, I think it will convert it to SSA when remuxing MP4 to MKV.

What does your ffmpeg command line look like? If you're trying to just copy the timed text, I don't think that'll work. Try something like:

ffmpeg -i file.mp4 -c:v copy -c:a copy -map 0 file.mkv

ffmpeg -i file.mp4 -c:v copy -c:a copy -map 0 file.mkv

I improved this script a little bit. All the streams will be remuxed, but the timed text will be converted to srt (not ssa)

Code:
ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -c:v copy -c:a copy -c:s srt -map 0 output.mkv

I think simple and fast

Last edited:
I remux with FFMPEG, but my biggest issue is that every single chapter in a playlist has different audio tracks order. It looks like AS tries to permute as much as it can, lol.

When there are different audios it is not a big deal, since you can order with 0:a:m:language:eng, so it doesn't matter the original order. But when you want to order audio-description tracks or different languages with the same ISO 639 code, it is a massive pain in the ass, since you have to change the order (0:a:0, 0:a:1, 0:a:2, etc) in every single video.

Hope we can see the manual remuxing option in the future.

Back