• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Download multiple audios - Discussion (tips...)

DeepSpace

I can't test it until my internet gets fixed, but I had a question and tried it, now I want to share this hint.

In the configuration window, you now also have the checkboxes as you have for subs. However, since there are different audio streams, you can set each stream to another bitrate.

For example, if you set english to 128 and then go to german, you will see 640 again, because this setting is only for en. And when you quickly switch between both languages, you will see 128 and 640, so the download should also be 128 and 640.

So if you always want to get the highest audio bitrate or a specific format, you might want to click on each language before downloading it.

It works great I have been testing it for the past hour and it seems to be fine.;)

This is a nice option to have.

I speak only English, but it's nice to have the chance to have another language besides that for my downloads.

That way, I can (finally!) learn another language.

:thankyou:

I am noticing something odd. Downloading a series on NF. Selecting one episode at a time. Every time both English (original) and Spanish boxes are checked in audio language, so I have to uncheck Spanish. Looked at a few different series and movies and always the same. On AP I get three languages pre-selected, English, French and German, so I have to uncheck French and German. Is there something I am doing wrong?

For example, if you set english to 128 and then go to german, you will see 640 again, because this setting is only for en. And when you quickly switch between both languages, you will see 128 and 640, so the download should also be 128 and 640.

So if you always want to get the highest audio bitrate or a specific format, you might want to click on each language before downloading it.

Ok, so that's what I was doing wrong!

It didn't occur to me - and it's not immediately evident - that you have to select the bitrate for each audio stream.

I was selecting two streams from the list on the left (English, English descriptive), then afterward setting the bitrate to the highest stereo one. And wondering why the English audio was downloading as 5.1!

Now, I select the English stream, then the stereo bitrate, then the English descriptive stream and again the stereo bit rate -- and both are downloading as stereo.

I think this may confuse or trip up others as it did me...

But in general great implementation of multiple audio streams.

I know it had been requested almost from Day 1 of AS, so great job!!!! :coolman:

T

Last edited:
I am noticing something odd. Downloading a series on NF. Selecting one episode at a time. Every time both English (original) and Spanish boxes are checked in audio language, so I have to uncheck Spanish. Looked at a few different series and movies and always the same. On AP I get three languages pre-selected, English, French and German, so I have to uncheck French and German. Is there something I am doing wrong?
That depends, which version were you using? v1.4.6.2 pre-selected too many tracks, there was a bug.

Now, I select the English stream, then the stereo bitrate, then the English descriptive stream and again the stereo bit rate -- and both are downloading as stereo.
I think this may confuse or trip up others as it did me...

Yes, this was and is one of the complications of multi audio.
The problem arises from different use cases and different available codecs.

What AnyStream currently does:
it pre-selects the codec for each language that best matches, what you "usually" select. So it should learn from what you do and after a while, pre-selections should usually be what you prefer.

It gets a bit complicated, when different audio languages have different codec options, so AnyStream gathers a "priority list".
(User likes Dolby 5.1 640kbit, if that's not available, he usually chooses "224kb", etc...)

This works fine mostly and you usually won't have to worry about it after a while.

But sometimes you might want to have one language in the best quality and a secondary audio language in stereo, maybe to save space.
That's a use-case, the learning algorithm can't really deal with, because it can't tell what you really want.

Regarding codec selections: at first we had this logic:

When you select a different codec for one language -> anystream will set that codec for the other languages as well, unless it's not available for that language OR you had already manually set another codec for that other language.
While experimenting with this, we found it to be more confusing.

So - presently: pre-selection does what it thinks, you like. Then you have to change the codec for each language individually.
May not be the final option.

But sometimes you might want to have one language in the best quality and a secondary audio language in stereo, maybe to save space.
That's a use-case, the learning algorithm can't really deal with, because it can't tell what you really want.

Understandable that would be hard for AS to "learn".

... at first we had this logic:

When you select a different codec for one language -> anystream will set that codec for the other languages as well, unless it's not available for that language OR you had already manually set another codec for that other language.
While experimenting with this, we found it to be more confusing.

Yeah, just the explanation is a bit of a head-scratcher - LOL.

So - presently: pre-selection does what it thinks, you like. Then you have to change the codec for each language individually.
May not be the final option.

I personally like the ability to set different audio rates and channels for each selection and have no problem doing it each time.

I just don't believe it's obvious that's what's required...

On my first attempt, I went down the left side of the selection screen to pick each audio, then turned my attention to the right side to pick rate, thinking it would apply to every audio I selected.

Maybe some indication on the screen that you need to pick a rate for each audio you select would be helpful in clearing up any confusion there...

T

That's why I made this post. I only checked it because this question came into my mind, but it is not really obvious, especially for the people who only use it occasionally.

Exactly!

Really glad you did post this -- I had come to the Forum to report the 5.1 audio download as a bug since I had selected 2.0!!!

But after reading your post I realized what I had done was just set my second audio selection to 2.0 -- and was able to able to make the proper settings and get expected output from there.

Thanks guy!! ;)

T

Last edited:
Great new feature. Now I just have to find a movie/show with the additional language I want (I'm currently learning Swedish, but not many movies on providers here in the US have Swedish as a language track).

I did play around with it a little, though. And although it says "up to 5" can be selected, I was not able to select more than 3, even on titles that had many more than 3 (and more than 5) available.

Can anyone who already tried it tell me what audio track plays when you open the video? Because since english is first in the list and german comes after that, I am concerned that it will now always play english first instead of german. As I said, I haven't tried it myself since my internet is crap right now.

If so, please add a setting to AS so I can tell it what should be the main track when downloading multiple audio.
In my case, it would be:
1. german
2. english
3. japan

Also, does AS name the tracks or does the player only show Track 1 and track 2? Because if there is no en, but de and jp, jp is the second track that english used to be in the files before. So the user would get confused.

Can anyone who already tried it tell me what audio track plays when you open the video? Because since english is first in the list and german comes after that, I am concerned that it will now always play english first instead of german. As I said, I haven't tried it myself since my internet is crap right now.

If so, please add a setting to AS so I can tell it what should be the main track when downloading multiple audio.
In my case, it would be:
1. german
2. english
3. japan

Also, does AS name the tracks or does the player only show Track 1 and track 2? Because if there is no en, but de and jp, jp is the second track that english used to be in the files before. So the user would get confused.
As Pete had mentioned the program will learn from what your choices are, so if you pick German for the first few downloads, it will be German from then on out.

As Pete had mentioned the program will learn from what your choices are, so if you pick German for the first few downloads, it will be German from then on out.
No, I am not talking about AS. I want to know if german will always be Track 1 in the output file, or if these are random. Because if they are random, it should be possible to set them within AS, so the player always starts with the german audio.

No, I am not talking about AS. I want to know if german will always be Track 1 in the output file, or if these are random. Because if they are random, it should be possible to set them within AS, so the player always starts with the german audio.
I guess you didn't understand me, Pete programmed this so if you choose German at first and for your next few downloads in AS will learn what language and audio setting you want to download and it will be what you want. It will start with German after your first few downloads.

Great new feature. Now I just have to find a movie/show with the additional language I want (I'm currently learning Swedish, but not many movies on providers here in the US have Swedish as a language track).

Netflix and Amazon Prime have some Swedish movies and shows for which you can filter. Try Black Crab starring Noomi Rapace (Prometheus) on Netflix or The Ox starring Stellan Skarsgård, Max von Sydow, and Liv Ullman on Prime.

I did play around with it a little, though. And although it says "up to 5" can be selected, I was not able to select more than 3, even on titles that had many more than 3 (and more than 5) available.

I also noticed this and wondered why they limited it. I have another program which doesn't limit the amount of audio tracks. Of course, no one needs all of them so it doesn't matter. I tried it for the first time today and ended up with 10GB of audio for a 3GB video. Lol.

I guess you didn't understand me, Pete programmed this so if you choose German at first and for your next few downloads in AS will learn what language and audio setting you want to download and it will be what you want. It will start with German after your first few downloads.
That by itself is true, but how I got it is that this is only what AS pre-selects in the configuration dialog. Not how they appear in the file.

What AnyStream currently does:
it pre-selects the codec for each language that best matches, what you "usually" select. So it should learn from what you do and after a while, pre-selections should usually be what you prefer.

Back