• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Download multiple audios - Discussion (tips...)

This can be a good choice but here is one problem. All subtitles that were in the *.mp4 container will be lost if you make Remux into *.mkv
I don't know why it is happening and why MKV Toolnix does not recognize subtitles. So I store multiple subtitles as external subtitles *.srt and then it's okay.
Is not big problem for me ...

edit:
The problem is that for MP4 container there is no such quality ffmpeg GUI as it exists for a MKV container. I don't even think it is any develope in this moment.

You are "losing" your subtitles because mkvmerge doesn't support timed text (the subtitles format used by the mp4 container). I remux MP4 to MKV all the time and I don't lose the subtitles.

This can be a good choice but here is one problem. All subtitles that were in the *.mp4 container will be lost if you make Remux into *.mkv
I don't know why it is happening and why MKV Toolnix does not recognize subtitles.

The timed text subtitles embedded in the mp4 files are not supported in the MKV files, you have to extract them as srt to put in the mkv file.

EDIT: Sorry, already said by DrXenos

A valid point. A looped batch file might be the way to go.

Yes it's what I do, all the mp4 files are extracted in a folder with video, audio, subtitles with specific name for each "eng.ac3" for English audio tracks, etc.
And after that I have another program that put all is found in the folder in a mkv file.

I would really like to choose the container format in AS (mp4 or mkv)- unfortunately quite a while ago a (former?) dev. already wrote that they won't do it, so i think chances are not good.

Can anyone who already tried it tell me what audio track plays when you open the video? Because since english is first in the list and german comes after that, I am concerned that it will now always play english first instead of german. As I said, I haven't tried it myself since my internet is crap right now.

If so, please add a setting to AS so I can tell it what should be the main track when downloading multiple audio.
In my case, it would be:
1. german
2. english
3. japan

Also, does AS name the tracks or does the player only show Track 1 and track 2? Because if there is no en, but de and jp, jp is the second track that english used to be in the files before. So the user would get confused.

There is not really any such thing as a "main track".
If you have English and Spanish audio in an MP4, then that MP4 might be intended for English or Spanish viewers. Who's to say what is "main" from the file's point of view.

It's actually the responsibility of your player to choose which one to play.
That player will ultimately relay that responsibility to you. Either by stubbornly playing the first/the last/a random track and letting you manually switch. Or by automatically using the system language. Or by having you set some preference in its options.

VLC for example: preferences -> Audio -> preferred audio language (I believe, it expects a three-letter code, like "eng", "ger", "spa", ...).

Who's to say what is "main" from the file's point of view.
Me.
Since I download the file for myself, it is not intendet for english or spanish viewers. Only for my specific usecase.
And since german is my native language and I watch stuff in that most of the time, I want to tell AS to always make german the first audio track in the file, english the second and japanese the third. (If one is not there, then en will get first etc).

That might be the case, but as already mentioned, "I don't want to"/ there should be no reason to tinker around in players settings or switch the track. If german is the first track, most players should play it by default (like VLC in my case).

it is not just for playback convenience. Currently, with all tracks being at random places, I would always have to check it when I want to edit the file or remux it. But when I now that the entire season has german as the first track, I can just let it run without the need to always check.

So same way as AS pre-selects subs now and I would like to have a setting on which one it should select, I (and others as well as it seems) would like to have a setting to tell AS "language code = track number/position".

There is not really any such thing as a "main track".
If you have English and Spanish audio in an MP4, then that MP4 might be intended for English or Spanish viewers. Who's to say what is "main" from the file's point of view.

That player will ultimately relay that responsibility to you. Either by stubbornly playing the first/the last/a random track and letting you manually switch. Or by automatically using the system language. Or by having you set some preference in its options.

VLC for example: preferences -> Audio -> preferred audio language (I believe, it expects a three-letter code, like "eng", "ger", "spa", ...).
It works as intended for me Pete, I am really at a loss to say why it doesn't work for some others.

It works as intended for me Pete, I am really at a loss to say why it doesn't work for some others.
It is not that it would not work. I simply want an option to set the order of the languages, so german is always the first track. Nothing more.
From my perspective, it should be easy to do with a slight change to the creation of the file, so AS checks in what order the streams shall be saved before doing it.
And a change to add this setting to the GUI of course.

Also, I am very happy to see it implemented. I don't criticize it at all, I only ask to make some tweaks.
(Edited)

ASs I said it works fine. I do not see a need for any changes. Pete will do the best he can to make the program the best it can be.

It is not that it would not work. I simply want an option to set the order of the languages, so german is always the first track. Nothing more.
Just set your preferences in your player and the problem is solved.
MP4 has no concept of a "main language track". It seems like quite a lot of hassle to add a configurable language ordering GUI element instead.

MP4 has no concept of a "main language track".
You do not exactly understand my point. I do not mean to set a main language track. As I said, I want to specify what language is the first track, the second track etc.
As you can see, German is the first track for this file, so VLC also shows it as title 1. France is then Audio #2, so VLC shows it as Title 2. etc.
So I don't want AS to set a track or add a flag. I just want one track to be saved at first etc.
So inside the settings, I just have a little list where I can tell AS to save german as Audio #1. Again, no flag or anything, only the order inside the file.
Because as another user mentioned, some players like TVs might not have the option to set something as your language, they will just play the first track. With this, it would never depend on any setting (unless the player uses the system language, which I don't do, otherwise it would have played german instead of hebrew in my test).
2022-11-22_182157.png
2022-11-22_183004.png

So inside the settings
And this little indicator then also exists for the downloadables window, in case I download a language I haven't set yet or I want to have a different configuration for this file. I made a little picture to visualize it:
-first, there are the numbers at the site of all selected audio tracks to indicate the order they will be saved within the file. I want to have german as the first track, so it has the 1. French would be second etc. AS should order them after these numbers, so german would be on top here. Then, if I would want to change the order, I drag and drop german to the top just like when reordering the queue (as mentioned). The number to german will then change to 1 (it would've been 2 in that example).

Then, to finally solve the subs issue. Of course this is only an example, it will look better when implementet into the GUI.
When using batch download, these checkboxes will appear to let me tell AS that it should ALWAYS download all forced subs for selected languages for subsequent episodes, even if not in EP1. Same for the other checkbox, but for all subs, regardless if forced or not.
-When they are not checked, the subs list will look as it always does. As soon as a user checks one box, the list will change.
--When I select to download all forced subs, then AS will add the forced entrys to the list, even if they are not available for EP1 so the user can select it.
--When I select download all subs, then the entire list will disappear and only the main language will be visible (so not german, german (forced), german (cc), but only german instead.)
Because I said all subs, so I only check the language and it will then download everything, regardless if forced, cc and if only available for EP1 or EP100.
2022-11-22_183855.png
Then the issue should finally disappear and I also can be sure that AS does as it should, instead of the need to rely on the auto-machanism (that doesn't work obviously, or at least not in all cases).

And you could move the checkbox for describing audio to the same place I put the subs checkboxes and making the Bitrate dropdown a bit smaller. That way you could put one dropdown for every audio track at the site instead of the need to click on them. I can imagine more users who don't know about this and then wonder why hebrew is only 224 instead of 640, because they selected it (but actually only for france, since it is selected in my screenshot).
Since the tracks are limited to 5 right now, it wouldn't be an issue with scrolling, as there are already six tracks visible. So there can be five dropdowns on the site and -----
oh wait, you could also completely remove the dropdown, expand the audio track again to the full size and then instead show the bitrate inside the list itself, making it scrollable and since the scrollbar is not in the way anymore, better to look at/understand.
Then the user can still double-click on it to change it, as we click onto the dropdown.

So what is your point then?
The issue you mentioned was that embedded subtitles don't get correctly handled in MKVToolnix ... The solution I recommended can do it (without advanced knowledge ... there is a preset "Re-Mux" included after installation)
Sorry, I don't follow your stream of thought

I apologize, of course I am glad for every advice and I am really glad that you are trying to help me. I believe that Staxrip can remunerate to MKV and also retain the headlines. But it's a difficult solution for me. I need individual streams to move up or down. I also need to set the streams what will be default, or forced or descriptive. Clarify the language and region. There are many things that I won't do in Staxrip. In addition, you write that the third audio stream will be lost and not available, and that basically means that I will have to use another other program.

HandBrake is not a remuxer. It always re-encodes.

Yes true handbrake has only possibilities set audio as passthru (i think its a free flow for audio) but the video need reencode) A better example is Mediacoder :)

Back