• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Download multiple audios - Discussion (tips...)

That by itself is true, but how I got it is that this is only what AS pre-selects in the configuration dialog. Not how they appear in the file.
pre-selections should usually be what you prefer.
I believe he meant that it should also remember what you prefer in the preselections. If you prefer one that should be standard for your downloading in the future.

Again, it is not for pre-selections.
Here is an example: (I haven't thought of the short trailers of Rings of Power before, I thought I have to download an entire episode to test it, that's why it took a while).
Downloading the Season Preview with german, english and japanese audio, it looks like this:
2022-11-19_211145.png
So AS names the tracks, which solves one concern. However, japanese is the second track, I want it to always be the third. And it doesn't even makes sense, as j comes after e.

Then I went to the EP5 preview and instead of the three above, I selected german, french and hebrew:
2022-11-19_211252.png
German is the first track as it should, but as the first download, it appears to be random for me. When going after the alphabet (how AS shows them in the configuration window) it would be french, german, hebrew. German might be set first since I often download it, but then why isn't french coming before hebrew, as it is that way in the configuration window?:
2022-11-19_211333.png

Only a minor thing no one will care about, but since this wasn't what I am looking for I also downloaded EP6 preview:
2022-11-19_211350.png
And voila, hebrew comes first, then german, and then french. Why is german suddenly the second track now? It is not a VLC thing as Mediainfo also shows it that way. So when I play the file now, it plays the hebrew audio first instead of german, just as I thought it would. So with my usual three languages, it might one day play english or japanese first instead of german.
Do you now understand what I mean?

So there has a setting to be made, where the user can set AS to always have one language as the first track and so on. If one is not available (like when there is only english and japanese for the title, but no german), then AS just goes one step ahead and makes english the first track and japanese the second.

However, this should then still be visualised in the configuration window, so I can see that AS does as it should before pressing download or that I can adjust it when I want to download something new. For example, what if I suddenly download korean, chinese and finnish instead of the three I always do? In that case I have to tell AS on what to do, as it never happend before.

So, how to solve it?
-First of all, AS always has 1, 2, 3 next to each (selected) audio language, indicating what it will do with them.

-Then, I can drag and drop them just like you can reorder the queue. It is easy and makes less UI clutter than the other idea I had (drop-down dialog box for the number, like bitrate, or even another pop-up window to change it), but has to be explaned, the same way tectpro had no idea that you have to select the bitrate for each language seperately until he saw my post.
So, when looking at my screenshot above, I could drag german to the top and hebrew to the bottom, as I want it to be the third track.
One downside: They are only at the top like this when preselected. But when I deselect hebrew and select english again, it stays down there. So in order to drag and drop it, AS would have to move it to the top as soon as I select it. Since this sudden movement could annoy people when quickly selecting multiple checkboxes, it should be a button (like the reload button in your browser), so AS only puts them at the top if you press that.

-And at the end, there is an option to set languages to be the first track instead of relying on AS to learn it.

I have mentioned it before, but in case no one has seen it: The same setting should also be done for other things like subs, the resolution and audio.
So for subs, I want to tell AS what languages to select instead of the need to rely on it to learn that. Especially useful when reinstalling it, since you would have to wait till it learned it again.
-I always want it to select all three languages, if available.
-For audio and video quality, (that already was the case long before this feature), it sometimes selects 224 instead of 640 for some reason or 1280 instead of 1920, so I now always check the drop down boxes if there is a higher option available. As already mentioned, there should be a checkbox for it to always select the highest option.
(Since I do multi-audio downloads, I then download the second language in a lower resolution and maybe lower audio if same language like 720p and 128. That might be the reason why it sometimes pre-selects another instead of max. But it then also does this when I open a title for the first time, not only when I download it the second or third time).

While I am at it , I also want to repeat one request I made some weeks ago: a button or checkbox to de-select all subs (and now audio if it will be possible to download more than three in the future). When I download something the second time, I already have the subs, so I have to deselect them. That would be easier with a tiny button. Not as important as the other stuff from above, but it would save a few clicks, especially if the 500 tokens should stay in the future.

Do you mean so you do not have to uncheck 2 boxes, it is possible now I believe if the film is available in those languages, not just subtitles. You can select up to 5 languages if they are available in that film. ( not counting subs.)

If you use VLC as player you can set a default language, even if it's the second in the mp4 file.

The multi audio is great, I only have to download once now, thanks.

If it's possible to increase a little the height of the download window it will be great, I see only 4 checkboxes for subtitles and it's not very practical.

Last edited:
If you use VLC as player you can set a default language, even if it's the second in the mp4 file.
Thanks, I have never used this so I absolutely forgot that such options exist. Still, I would prefer to have the file itself correct, if I watch it on another system etc. But it would be a workaround to try until the changes are implemented.

If it's possible to increase a little the height of the download window it will be great, I see only 4 checkboxes for subtitles and it's not very practical.
Yes, that is new because the audio now takes more space I think. When I changed the size of the downloadables window, it now always has this size, but when I changed the configuration window, it reset when I opened it the second time.
The reason for this is because there is a registry key "DLDlgDimensions" that saves the dimension of the downloadables window, but I could see no key for the configuration window. So I think it doesn't get saved.
When I create a key called "DLCfgDimensions", the window don't appear at all anymore, I can only see the please wait message, rendering AS inoperable completely since you can't close it without task manager. So I guess it either was wrong or isn't supported in the way I did it, because when it is wrong I guess it would've done nothing/AS would have ignored it since it can't understand it.

Thanks, I have never used this so I absolutely forgot that such options exist. Still, I would prefer to have the file itself correct, if I watch it on another system etc. But it would be a workaround to try until the changes are implemented.

+1

Unfortunately there're quite a few clients that don't support setting default language settings for media playback. It would be a great addition to this feature if you could choose a default (primary) audio track as well as a default subtitle (usually forced subtitles for parts in foreign language) for the resulting .mp4 file

Anyway a real game-changing feature for AS, thanks to the devs for the implementation!

Suggestion:
How about the ability to manually drag/drop the preferred audio/subtitle languages to the top in the download configuration window?
Same as we can move titles in the queue ...

Btw: to change audio sources behavor (e.g. which language is going to be played as default) I would recommend MKVToolNix.
I know that, but to remux hundreds of files when downloading many season makes no sense. That's why it is better if AS would do it by itself.

How about the ability to manually drag/drop the preferred audio/subtitle languages to the top in the download configuration window?
So, how to solve it?
(...)
-Then, I can drag and drop them just like you can reorder the queue.

Suggestion:
Maybe in the future.

Netflix and Amazon Prime have some Swedish movies and shows for which you can filter. Try Black Crab starring Noomi Rapace (Prometheus) on Netflix or The Ox starring Stellan Skarsgård, Max von Sydow, and Liv Ullman on Prime.

I also noticed this and wondered why they limited it. I have another program which doesn't limit the amount of audio tracks. Of course, no one needs all of them so it doesn't matter. I tried it for the first time today and ended up with 10GB of audio for a 3GB video. Lol.

Yep allso have this 3 not 5 as stated.

Now, when the software is more functional, I can recommend it in all conscience. I have, similarly to other users, some suggestions to consider for devs.
  • Redesign download window, so we have a list of audio languages, and drop-down list next to each item, where we can select audio codec and quality, instead of having one drop-down. One of the position on the list would be "none", so the track would not be downloaded.
  • For every subtitle track, do the same, but allow selecting between "external SRT", "external TTML" or "muxed in MP4".
  • The "Prefer descriptive audio" is confusing, as I see descriptive audio anyway on the list in my case (APV) - swap it with "show descriptive audio on the list" for audio and "show forced subtitles" for subs, so every user is able to choose further.
  • Allow moving the track on the list and selecting the default one, as stated by other users - and if the MP4 container allows, marking the appropriate audio track(s) as descriptive and appropriate subtitles as forced. Or make all the audio and subtitles always in the same, alphabetical order, so there will always expected results (for example, my TV shows all audio and subs, but doesn't show the tracks' names)
If you wish, you may put all of this in a kind of "advanced mode", which can be enabled in settings (and disabling it brings back the window that we know from previous AS/AS+ versions). But the above suggestions came from an observation that you won't include MKV support, and tinkering in MP4 file brings more difficulties - I do not know equivalents of MKVtoolnix which are such useful in GUI and CLI.

I would recommend, at least for items you've bought (on Amazon or elsewhere, if you mind developing a mechanism to detect it), lifting the limit of downloaded audio tracks at once. On the other side, I understand why developers might want to avoid that, however: I have an access to competing program which allows downloading all audio tracks, but it has broken working logic (or pipelines, if you want to call it that); when using MKVtoolnix as multiplexing engine, it sometimes produces faulty files with some tracks marked as improper media type, resulting no player being capable to play these. I suspect that there might be a way to work it around, but that's up to developers.

Thank you for good work.

Redesign download window, so we have a list of audio languages, and drop-down list next to each item, where we can select audio codec and quality, instead of having one drop-down. One of the position on the list would be "none", so the track would not be downloaded.
Good idea, but instead of none you can just deselect the checkbox? The only issue is that you are forced to download at least one track, that limitation should be removed.

For every subtitle track, do the same, but allow selecting between "external SRT", "external TTML" or "muxed in MP4".
That would only apply if you switch between these modes for every download. And I would think that most users just use one setting.
To make less clutter in the main UI, it could be made a setting if you need this option in the configuration dialog or not. I would only like to see the checkbox for the subs that don't get downloaded when using batch.

The "Prefer descriptive audio" is confusing, as I see descriptive audio anyway on the list in my case (APV) - swap it with "show descriptive audio on the list"
That is true, there is not really a point for this checkbox unless you download many/all languages and you want AS to always choose descriptive audio. But other than this specific case, I can see no reason for it. The other checkbox would be much more useful for me, as I don't need this descriptive crap at all.
The forced subs checkbox would be useless for me as well, but maybe all of these checkboxes could be added to the section where the sourround sound checkbox is. So everyone can choose, but it would not clutter the UI.

and selecting the default one, as stated by other users
As I am one of them and maybe even the first, no need to say more than +1.

Thanks for this feature (download multiple audio sources at once)!
Btw: to change audio sources behavor (e.g. which language is going to be played as default) I would recommend MKVToolNix.
This can be a good choice but here is one problem. All subtitles that were in the *.mp4 container will be lost if you make Remux into *.mkv
I don't know why it is happening and why MKV Toolnix does not recognize subtitles. So I store multiple subtitles as external subtitles *.srt and then it's okay.
Is not big problem for me ...

edit:
The problem is that for MP4 container there is no such quality ffmpeg GUI as it exists for a MKV container. I don't even think it is any develope in this moment.

Last edited:
My recommendation (as always) ... try StaxRip ...
You can output as MP4, MKV, WebM ...
If there is "forced" in the subtitle's name, it is automatically flagged as forced (other than the output of AnyStream, where forced subtitles are currently just handled as normal subtitles)
On the downside you can only have a maximum of 2 audio streams via GUI.

My recommendation (as always) ... try StaxRip ...
You can output as MP4, MKV, WebM ...
If there is "forced" in the subtitle's name, it is automatically flagged as forced (other than the output of AnyStream, where forced subtitles are currently just handled as normal subtitles)
On the downside you can only have a maximum of 2 audio streams via GUI.
Staxrip is very good encoder, but personally i dont want encode any streams.

StaxRip is no Encoder ... it's a collection of tools combined to a GUI
And you do not have to encode at all:
There are more encoders that also allow remux. For example Avidemux, Handbrake, XmediaRecode, but these are not suitable tools for description and shifting of individual streams. In addition, Staxrip is only suitable for more advanced users

So what is your point then?
The issue you mentioned was that embedded subtitles don't get correctly handled in MKVToolnix ... The solution I recommended can do it (without advanced knowledge ... there is a preset "Re-Mux" included after installation)
Sorry, I don't follow your stream of thought :(

Back