• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DeUHD Tool can rip UHD Blu-Ray discs

No, the JAR folder has nothing to do with AACS protection. All information is in the AACS directory, that makes full sense.
But the information in the folder is not enough to decrypt the disc, is it?

No, the JAR folder has nothing to do with AACS protection. All information is in the AACS directory, that makes full sense.

Pete, back to what I was saying earlier about not being able to read the encrypted files, I have a Panasonic UJ-265 that has a firmware that stops DVDs from being read if it has a different region code. No software can work around it as the drive physically won't read it. I thought AACS 2 worked the same way and only those 2 Pioneer drives that supports AACS 2 could physically read it.

Side note, the UJ-265 won't even detect 4K Blu-Ray disc. It can read and write quad layer 128GB discs with no problem. Does anyone know what technology on these 4K Blu-Ray is preventing these older drives from detecting them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LG had drives out way before the Pioneer drives that could read UHD discs. My LG slimline drive can play them back when connected to a system that is fully compliant with PowerDVD 17

LG had drives out way before the Pioneer drives that could read UHD discs. My LG slimline drive can play them back when connected to a system that is fully compliant with PowerDVD 17
All of these drives can read them, whether they play back in 4K in another story. Its a firmware thing.
  • LG BE16NU50(external, USB, recommended)
  • LG WH16NS40(internal, SVC code: NS50)
  • LG BH16NS40(internal, SVC code: NS50)
  • ASUS BW-12B1ST(internal, manufactured 2015+)
  • ASUS BC-12D2HT(internal, manufactured 2015+)
  • ASUS BW-16D1HT a(internal, manufactured 2015+)
  • LG BH16NS55(internal)
  • LG WH16NS58(internal)

There's also the LG BU40N and the BU50N both of which can play back UHD discs on the right system. (I have the BU40N)

All of these drives can read them, whether they play back in 4K in another story. Its a firmware thing.
  • LG BE16NU50(external, USB, recommended)
  • LG WH16NS40(internal, SVC code: NS50)
  • LG BH16NS40(internal, SVC code: NS50)
  • ASUS BW-12B1ST(internal, manufactured 2015+)
  • ASUS BC-12D2HT(internal, manufactured 2015+)
  • ASUS BW-16D1HT a(internal, manufactured 2015+)
  • LG BH16NS55(internal)
  • LG WH16NS58(internal)

OK I have BH16NS40 I'll try and report back tonight or tomorrow.

There's also the LG BU40N and the BU50N both of which can play back UHD discs on the right system. (I have the BU40N)
Its like the old Stereo story, people had a Stereo CD, they played it and heard music so they thought it was stereo. But as it turned out you needed a Stereo player and Stereo speakers to hear it properly. This is no different. Just because it plays the disc does not mean you are watching 4K , this is almost laughable.

Its like the old Stereo story, people had a Stereo CD, they played it and heard music so they thought it was stereo. But as it turned out you needed a Stereo player and Stereo speakers to hear it properly. This is no different. Just because it plays the disc does not mean you are watching 4K , this is almost laughable.

From what I know if your system doesn't meet certain things then HDR will be disabled. Didn't know resolution would be affected. So why doesn't CyberLink make their player work with those drives but playback at lower resolution rather than not work at all?

From what I know if your system doesn't meet certain things then HDR will be disabled. Didn't know resolution would be affected. So why doesn't CyberLink make their player work with those drives but playback at lower resolution rather than not work at all?

I don't mean to sound disrespectful but the only ones that can answer that question is Cyberlink. You need so much more to play UHD 4K correctly, There are people reviewing this that say SGX is not needed, Kaby Lake is not needed, nothing is needed but this magic and you have 4K on an old 2010 system. Again , cant I sell these people the Brooklyn Bridge.LOL

I don't mean to sound disrespectful but the only ones that can answer that question is Cyberlink. You need so much more to play UHD 4K correctly, There are people reviewing this that say SGX is not needed, Kaby Lake is not needed, nothing is needed but this magic and you have 4K on an old 2010 system. Again , cant I sell these people the Brooklyn Bridge.LOL

Yeah that's why I'm keen to run a few tests and report my findings soon.

Anyway I'm still wondering why my other UJ-265 quad layer drive can't even detect these movie discs. Any idea?? I don't recall the physical discs specs being different for 4K than it is for data discs.

Yeah that's why I'm keen to run a few tests and report my findings soon.

Anyway I'm still wondering why my other UJ-265 quad layer drive can't even detect these movie discs. Any idea?? I don't recall the physical discs specs being different for 4K than it is for data discs.

Firmware.

Ahh ok thanks

In my humble opinion if this software really cracked AACS 2.0 it would work on all the discs, not just 30 or more. No SGX , no Kaby Lake, Not one of the requirements for UHD playback but out of nowhere it works. Call me a pessimist. ;)

The BU40N and BU50N are fully UHD compliant drives. I've already tested the BU40N on a compliant system and it plays back in full UHD. It also has UHD Blu-ray printed on the label

The BU40N and BU50N are fully UHD compliant drives. I've already tested the BU40N on a compliant system and it plays back in full UHD. It also has UHD Blu-ray printed on the label
Sure on a 4K Monitor, why wouldn't it? Its a UHD player. The player I posted were just the one that they said worked. I am sure their are a lot more.

Sure on a 4K Monitor, why wouldn't it? Its a UHD player.
I'm not sure what you are trying to say, of course you won't get UHD playback on a monitor that isn't UHD, but we were talking about the drives.
When playing back a UHD Blu-ray in PowerDVD 17, if the rest of the system is UHD capable along with the screen then it will either play it back in UHD or it won't play at all. PowerDVD won't downsample the playback due to the type of drive you have.

in my opinion, cracking AACS 2 isn't that important because there is the option of purchasing those Pioneer AACS 2 drives. What's much more important is to turn off the flag that enforces SGX because I have a gaming PC.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say, of course you won't get UHD playback on a monitor that isn't UHD, but we were talking about the drives.
When playing back a UHD Blu-ray in PowerDVD 17, if the rest of the system is UHD capable along with the screen then it will either play it back in UHD or it won't play at all. PowerDVD won't downsample the playback due to the type of drive you have.
I agree with you 100%, but this new software says it will playback in UHD without complaint equipment. I again I agree with you , I do not agree with them.

Back