• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DeUHD Tool can rip UHD Blu-Ray discs

Once the AACS is removed from the disc then you can play it in PowerDVD 17 without having to use compliant SGX hardware for the rest of the system

in my opinion, cracking AACS 2 isn't that important because there is the option of purchasing those Pioneer AACS 2 drives. What's much more important is to turn off the flag that enforces SGX because I have a gaming PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

btw I'm not rich. Only own 1 monitor and no TV. Using a dedicated rig or player to play these discs isn't practical due to lack of space etc. But at least the

AACS 2 drive problem can be solved with money. SGX can't.

btw I'm not rich. Only own 1 monitor and no TV. Using a dedicated rig or player to play these discs isn't practical due to lack of space etc. But at least the

AACS 2 drive problem can be solved with money. SGX can't.

Sure SGX can be solved with money, just buy an Z299 Intel motherboard and a Kaby Lake processor. Thats money. LOL

Last edited:
Sure SGX can be solved with money, just buy an Z299 Intel motherboard and a Kaby Lake processor. Thats money. LOL

... and I honestly see SGX being superseded by something newer (ie SGX2 ?) not long from now with a new chipset to make people have to buy yet another new mobo, CPU, RAM, etc, as if they aren't doing this enough with the release of Kaby Lake and now Coffee Lake...

Sorry, you just bought a Kaby Lake and want to bump to a new Coffee Lake? Nope can't use the same mobo. Need to buy a new one. Thanks for the money! Gotta love innovation.

Last edited:
... and I honestly see SGX being superceded by something newer (ie SGX2 ?) not long from now with a new chipset to make people have to buy yet another new mobo, CPU, RAM, etc, as if they aren't doing this enough with the release of the release of Kaby Lake and now Coffee Lake...

Sorry, you just bought a Kaby Lake and want to bump to a new Coffee Lake? Nope can't use the same mobo. Need to buy a new one. Thanks for the money! Gotta love innovation.
Thats why I love computers, they just take all your money and then ask for it again in another year. LOL

I have that. Z270 and i7-7700K but can't get SGX to work. Gave up as there is very little info out there on how to get it to work and I can't even seem to find the Intel IME drivers that are specifically for my mobo. I've just installed what appeared to be right and it resolved the 'PCI Simple Communications Controller' missing driver issue in Device manager and now when I hibernate my PC the power LED shuts off whereelse before it would just keep flashing like it's actually gone to sleep rather than hibernate. However when I run CyberLink's Blu-Ray advisor software it still says IME and SGX missing.

Wait a sec, even if I solve this it still won't work as I'm using NVIDIA cards in SLI so no money can't solve that! Lol.

I have that. Z270 and i7-7700K but can't get SGX to work. Gave up as there is very little info out there on how to get it to work and I can't even seem to find the Intel IME drivers that are specifically for my mobo. I've just installed what appeared to be right and it resolved the 'PCI Simple Communications Controller' missing driver issue in Device manager and now when I hibernate my PC the power LED shuts off whereelse before it would just keep flashing like it's actually gone to sleep rather than hibernate. However when I run CyberLink's Blu-Ray advisor software it still says IME and SGX missing.

Wait a sec, even if I solve this it still won't work as I'm using NVIDIA cards in SLI so no money can't solve that! Lol.

20171005_214847.png
:whistle:

Ohh wow you're so helpful Dave. I'm surprised you haven't suggested I get an Xbone S so I'll have a gaming rig and player in one hehehehe

There's a chap on YouTube who has a similar mobo to mine, 2 models down but same gaming range, brand and chipset who managed to get it to work. I've tried the same drivers as him but it doesn't seem to work for me. Admittedly I gave up knowing it would be a waste of time due to the discrete GPUs anyway.

I got all the bits for a full SGX Compliant HTPC build earlier in the year.... and also gave up getting PDVD to work and currently use an XBOX One S instead. It's not to bad as I currently only have a dozen or so discs so it is still manageable. As I get more I really need to be able to back these up to the server to be able to manage what I've got in the library. I am very keen on backing up my UltraHD BDs sooner rather than later. The other good news is that as LIBBLURAY now supports UltraHD structures, so any DirectShow player using the latest LAV Filters nightly can play these structures. I've tested a sample and have no issues with playing it in JRiver Media Center including using MadVR and bit streaming Atmos.

FYI - in addition to my Pio UHD Drives (2 models), the LG BP50NB40 also does not work with the DeUHD trial either. The question for me is the price worth it at present for the limited range of discs that are supported.... or just wait a bit longer.

The question for me is the price worth it at present for the limited range of discs that are supported.... or just wait a bit longer.

That's the gamble with a piece of software like DeUHD. It's a developer that people don't already know for better or worse. We also don't know how the protection removal is occurring. We know very little at all. Did they break AACS 2.0 or did they find a vulnerability somewhere that can be closed via an update either the optical drive or further down the line in the PC? Time will tell.

The question for me is the price worth it at present for the limited range of discs that are supported.... or just wait a bit longer.
Certainly not. I own 14 UHD Blu-ray discs and not one of them is supported. I don't expect the number of discs to dramatically increase in the near future, because I believe the discs need to be bought & played in a compromised player by the developers. But they can improve this and possibly automate the process. But unless they do this... no, thank you.
Further, I don't understand why the software installs a lower filter driver? And why is it so slow? AnyDVD can create a protected image from an UHD Blu-ray image in an hour. Why is mounting the image not supported for known discs?

OK starting the analysis now.

1) Inserted John Wick Chapter 2 - Disc not supported

2) Inserted Sully - Supported and the 8 - 10 minutes trial warning appeared

3) Inserted Revenant - it says I've already opened 1 disc, despite the fact I did not play/rip Sully.

Let's see what happens with Sully then.

Update: Started ripping Sully to .iso not sure if it'll stop after 10 mins of footage or...

hahaha there's nothing to be sorry about at all :)

If there's any hope of resolution, I'm using an ASUS ROG Maximus IX Formula, Z270, i7-7700K

Thanks in advance.

I'm running an ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme (Z170). I grabbed the needed IME stuff from the support page on ASUS' site. Looking at the support page for your board (https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/) look under the chipset downloads.

I let the Cyberlink UHD Advisor install SGX for me. My Z170 system passes both the SGX and IME tests.

ASUS ROG Maximus IX.png

Edit: ASUS is pretty good about drivers and such on their support pages although certain things I'll update when the version they post is behind. Haven't experienced that much with my M8 but ran into it a lot with my older Rampage Formula (X48) that I used for the last 9 years before moving to the M8.

Last edited:
Turns out I have 23 UHDBD, and 6 are on their list.... but who knows if MY versions are supported. As an end user I don't care how they are decrypted (Cracked, Exploited, Brute Force, Pixie Dust) as long as the tool is:
- Reliable across a range of disks
- Safe to use and continue to use
- Reasonably Quick
- Reasonably Priced

While DeUHD struggles to met any of my criteria at this point, I'm oddly still considering it! :) .... If nothing else but to encourage the efforts (even though deep down I know I'll end up wasting a heap of money for only being able to backup a few of my discs) ;(

I personally trust ANYDVD and not some scapegoat from Russia that parasites people and sucks money from them I believe James will make something up and it will go :) I UHD I still do not hurry but will be excited when ANYDVD will support UHD

I'm running an ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme (Z170). I grabbed the needed IME stuff from the support page on ASUS' site. Looking at the support page for your board (https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/) look under the chipset downloads.

I let the Cyberlink UHD Advisor install SGX for me. My Z170 system passes both the SGX and IME tests.

View attachment 39260

Edit: ASUS is pretty good about drivers and such on their support pages although certain things I'll update when the version they post is behind. Haven't experienced that much with my M8 but ran into it a lot with my older Rampage Formula (X48) that I used for the last 9 years before moving to the M8.

OOooooooOOoo thank you very much for helping me to locate this. Will give it a go soon. Thanks again, much appreciated.

OOooooooOOoo thank you very much for helping me to locate this. Will give it a go soon. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Glad to help. As I noted, ASUS is good with drivers and such. Your mobo should have come with a disc that has a lot of stuff on it but could be outdated. The webpage, however, is super important. Bookmark it for future reference. BIOS updates, driver updates, etc. It's all there for your board. :)

Back