• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Cyberlink Issue]Problems with Ironman BD

Oh, it changed things alright. I lost my drives. :( I hate arcsoft. I really ****ing hate them. I'm trying to get my drives back but this SUCKS.

Oh, it changed things alright. I lost my drives. :( I hate arcsoft. I really ****ing hate them. I'm trying to get my drives back but this SUCKS.

Remove the registry entry--not the driver.

Last edited:
I did both. Gotta reboot again.

You need to remove the afc registry entry in your filter stack. Then you need to reboot. If the registry entry is still there--and the driver isn't, then windows makes your drives go poof. Neat, eh? :(

Last edited:
You need to remove the afc registry entry in your filter stack. Then you need to reboot. If the registry entry is still there--and the driver isn't, then windows makes your drives go poof. Neat, eh?

Yea I realized that as soon as I booted with no drives. :) I not only removed the filter entry, I nuked that driver from the registry completely. Drives are back. Checking the disc with AnyDVD enabled now. First going to clear the PowerDVD local cache.

Holy hell. It's working. Nice one, Webbie. :) Now I *REALLY* hate arcsoft. With a passion.

Holy hell. It's working. Nice one, Webbie. :) Now I *REALLY* hate arcsoft. With a passion.

Well, you also cleared the Powerdvd cache. But afc.sys causes all sorts of problems, so I wouldn't be surprised if that were the issue.

I feel compelled to move this thread to the Third Party Products forum, but I guess I'll just leave it for now.

Well, you also cleared the Powerdvd cache. But afc.sys causes all sorts of problems, so I wouldn't be surprised if that were the issue.

I feel compelled to move this thread to the Third Party Products forum, but I guess I'll just leave it for now.

Yea, but, I cleared the cache on my HTPC and it didn't do jack, so, I don't think that was it. That stupid driver is on there, too, so, tomorrow if I get a chance I'll do some more testing. In any case, it's working now. Arcsoft really pisses me off.

Well, I don't have a lot of good things to say about afc.sys; it's been nothing but a source of headaches for me on these forums.

Nor, apparently, do I now. It will be removed from all my machines. If it breaks my arcsoft crap, oh well, but, it's coming off regardless. I'm going to try uninstalling the TME crap from my HTPC at some point and see if I can get SageTV to work directly with the HD PVR driver. That'd make me a lot happier. Although they're supposedly releasing a new version of the TME in October to finally support 5.1 capture. So I may be stuck with it regardless. Nonetheless, that afc thing is history. As far as I can tell it's just a stupid UDF driver. Give me a break.

Holy hell. It's working.

What exactly is working? You have no issues with Iron Man anymore? What of the problems with this disc you had reported have gone? Long load time in PowerDVD? Distorted video background in WinDVD? If there is some BD-Live download at the beginning of playback, some of the problems should stay.

BTW, can you prevent BD Live downloads by turning network connection off (e.g. pulling the cable or using Wireless switch)?

Also, what do you call "Powerdvd cache"? Files it creates in AppData\Temp folder?

And for turning drivers on and off and for removing them I recommend AutoRuns from Sysinternals (now from Microsoft): http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

You just un-tick the driver, reboot, see how it works without it, and then make a decision what to do next.

I rebuilt my ISO using SamuriHL's files and fond that in 7.3 4407 the load time was much quicker and plays fine from an unprotected ISO without AnydvdHD running in the background, but it still causes PDVD8 to just drop back to desktop

I rebuilt my ISO using SamuriHL's files and fond that in 7.3 4407 the load time was much quicker and plays fine from an unprotected ISO without AnydvdHD running in the background, but it still causes PDVD8 to just drop back to desktop

So, what's the consensus here? Powerdvd 8 bug or Anydvd issue?

How does Powerdvd 8 handle the original disc when Anydvd isn't active?

I couldn't get my original to work with PowerDVD 8 at all with or without AnyDVD HD running

So, what's the consensus here? Powerdvd 8 bug or Anydvd issue?

Well, you always have to be clear about what version of IM you are talking about.

I can only speak for the German edition. This one is not working with neither PDVD7 nor PDVD8, not matter whether AnyDVD is present or not.

However, it works without any problems with TMT.

So, to me it is a clear Cyberlink problem.

But the German one worked fine for me when I had my friends copy to hand in PDVD 7.3 4407

Sorry guys but does IM work now for you guys as an unprotected disk without AnyDVD on PD 7.

Do I need to do anything to get it working?

Uninstalling TMT?

Theres some mention of some files to get it working, is this right?

Thanks for your help!

It does now work, but I'd recommend getting your disc replaced

It does now work, but I'd recommend getting your disc replaced

But if it plays fine in WinDVD is it a disc issue still?

Also theres no file hacking needed? (I won't be in front of my PC until this afternoon to try it out)

Will this make my transformers BD disc work!?

If you have the US IM disc then yes it is a disc issue which is why they recalled the ones that were sent out before the release date. Check your UPC code on the case and if it's not the same as SamauriHL's then you have the old one

Back