• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Cyberlink Issue]Problems with Ironman BD

As I have stated numerous times. Both movies work. I tried the newest version of powerDVD and IRONMAN did not work. All other versions work, with the remove region code not checked. I just watched IRONMAN and TRANSFORMERS 2 days ago. Yes I mount it with VCD, yes its an ISO. You might get asked to update anydvd from their server. Thats about it.

Yes, same here. Just watched IronMan last night with few friends, another Hollywood movie like Transformers, pretty cool. The latest one PDVD8 does not work and roll back to 1830 and it is working flawlessly now.

Latest VCD and AnyDVD HD and PDVD 1830 here.

Hot to get PowerDVD8 2021a to work!

Hi boys! I think to have found the solution.
I'm a programmer for a big company and usally I work on networks using client-server database applications. One of the our problems was the effect of the Data Execution Prevention in Windows 2003 Server that close without notice any application that try to use the net "too fast". Usally we disable this feature to let our software work.

Today I bought a copy of IronMan italian release. First try on pdvd 2021a and the program crash immediatly. The crash was similar (frustrating silent quit...) to our software problem... I think that probably Ironman bd try to access the net in a strange way. Then I disable DEP on my Vista sp1, reboot the PC. The first try was another crash, but from the second everythink work! I use anydvd hd with standard configration. I try disabling the regional code and removing advertising, it work too.

Here the instruction, Vista home SP1. I have italian software, I try to translate the commands...:
1) right click to "My computer", choose Properties;
2) click on "Advanced settings" in the top left;
3) in the "Performance" group box click "Settings"
4) click "Data Execution Prevention" tab
5) click the top radio button " use Data Execution Prevention only for essential windows services"
6) click all needed ok and reboot the PC.

That's it!

[EDIT]
After a search on the cyberlink forum I found a confirm. Another guy (Larry) use the same trick to let ironman to work
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/3979.page

Last edited:
I'd already tried this and it made no difference. It was one of the first things I tried

Larry in the cyberlink forum say that he need to disable UAC too. I disable UAC the first day I install vista. :)
This is mi road: with UAC disabled I disable DEP, reboot, try and crash. Then open anydvd hd and disable regional code, try and crash (I wrote the second try, well it was the third... ;)). Open anydvd, enable regional code, enable remove advertise, try and work.
After that I try to disable remove advertise and work too.

[EDIT]
I try now... It doesn't work again!!! :( I don't know what happend, I contine to try...

Last edited:
I always disable UAC on all my systems, and it still doesn't work

I tried everything I could think of while working with Vista 32,PDVD8, Daemon Tools, AnyDVD HD 6.4.7.3 and a ImgBurn and all without any luck with a Netflix Iron Man. When I tried to play it I'd just get a black screen, period. Finally, when given the option of Play/Resume when starting the movie in PDVD8 I clicked on Resume rather than Play - and guess what? - it plays! Go figure.:rock: Play doesn't work but Resume does. :bang:

What build of PDVD 8 are you using? It doesn't work properly with the latest build

That's not the latest build, the latest is 2201a which it doesn't work on, but it should work fine on 1830, Works fine for me if I just leave it to play, but works even better on 7.3 4407

That's not the latest build, the latest is 2201a which it doesn't work on, but it should work fine on 1830, Works fine for me if I just leave it to play, but works even better on 7.3 4407

My bad; I had clicked on "Upgrade" and it said no upgrades were available so I assumed that I had the latest version. I guess I won't be installing 2201a anytime soon . . .

Works fine for me if I just leave it to play, but works even better on 7.3 4407
Hey Adbear can you tell me please, does Ultra v7.3 build 4407 include:

1. The ability to play a Blu-Ray folder structure (BDMV/STREAM etc) from the hard disk?

2. The ability to open individual files from hard disk (e.g. m2ts) for playback?

I'm way-back on build 3319a and have stayed there cuz I heard Cyberlink did away with these features. :(

Hey Adbear can you tell me please, does Ultra v7.3 build 4407 include:

1. The ability to play a Blu-Ray folder structure (BDMV/STREAM etc) from the hard disk?

2. The ability to open individual files from hard disk (e.g. m2ts) for playback?

I'm way-back on build 3319a and have stayed there cuz I heard Cyberlink did away with these features. :(

no and no these features are gone

I tried everything I could think of while working with Vista 32,PDVD8, Daemon Tools, AnyDVD HD 6.4.7.3 and a ImgBurn and all without any luck with a Netflix Iron Man. When I tried to play it I'd just get a black screen, period. Finally, when given the option of Play/Resume when starting the movie in PDVD8 I clicked on Resume rather than Play - and guess what? - it plays! Go figure.:rock: Play doesn't work but Resume does. :bang:
Just try using 2021a. Works perfectly for me. The "Play - Resume" screen is forced by set AnyDVD HD to ask the region after disc insertion and set the disc as region free.

But you shouldn't have to have AnyDVD HD running to get the disc working, which is why I use 7.3

No, AnyDVD must be up and running. If don't pdvd crash immediatly...

But that's not what I meant, I meant you shouldn't have to have AnyDVD HD running to get it to work which I don't if I use 7.3 it just works

Back