• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Cyberlink Issue]Problems with Ironman BD

WinDVD 9 for BD does play both of them from the drive with no problems. It just doesn't work using VCD.

Though I haven't tried using the beta VCD yet.

Yes, that is if you use VCD < 5.4.0.7. Please upgrade to VCD 5.4.0.8 (the latest one) and give WinDVD another try.

I don't know why James did not release (e.g. promote it to Downloads page) latest VCD yet. It seems to work just fine.

Well putting that last one on killed my playback of Transformers in PDVD8

When playing with WinDVD don't you have to mount the .dvd file in VCD to get them to work?

You mean to make WinDVD work? For 5.4.0.7 the answer is 'yes', for 5.4.0.8 - 'no', as it mounts images > 8.5GB as BDRs by default. For small Blu-ray images (e.g. those authored yourself from small video clips with tsMuxer or DVD Movie Factory), you still have to create .dvd file in order to mount then as Blu-rays.

Oh, sorry, I forgot...

BTW, try to create a .dvd file for Transformers' image, put MediaType=DVD there and see whether it works with PDVD 8 as before.

Last edited:
Try disabling region code removal. Does it work then? (Provided that PowerDVD is set to the correct region).
dosent disabling anydvdhd and disabling the region code removal mount to the same thing ?:confused:

I wonder does WinDVD 9 or WinDVD BD for VAIO play them or not. Frank says it plays Iron Man. Then I'm curious whether this situation Paramount's (some kind of authoring or even file system error) of Cyberlink's (poorly implemented standards) fault.

Considering the issue is on Sony's stand alone BD players, I sincerely doubt this is a Cyberlink screw up this time. I'll be the first to bash those morons when it's due, but, in this case, the blame it squarely on Paramount.

Oh, sorry, I forgot...

BTW, try to create a .dvd file for Transformers' image, put MediaType=DVD there and see whether it works with PDVD 8 as before.
I won't have a chance to try it until Wednesday now as my drive is at work

I've installed the latest beta for VCD and mounted the .dvd and now both Transformers BD and Ironman BD work with WinDVD with no problems.

Still can't get either of them to work on PD (7 or 8) or in TMT though.

Now if I can get WInDVD to output 5.1 channels on my G45 board, and reclock to not crash it, it might be a good player to use ...

I use PDVD 8 and that version of VCD and Transformers plays fine. I have to disable remove region control and It works.

I use PDVD 8 and that version of VCD and Transformers plays fine. I have to disable remove region control and It works.

Same here. Transformers BD is the only version so far that I have to disable Region Control with (PDVD 7.3.4407). I will be testing Iron Man in a few days when it arrives from Amazon.

Now if I can get WInDVD to output 5.1 channels on my G45 board, and reclock to not crash it, it might be a good player to use ...

ReClock will not work with WinDVD.

I already have an ISO of Transformers with region code removed. which was working fine in 8 until I put the latest VCD beta on and now it won't play in 8, and going back to the last official version doesn't fix the problem (I can only assume some file gets left on the system and doesn't get overwritten by the older version)

@ Shadow07
I'd already stated that I could get the Transformers ISO to work in the latest 7.3, but the pain is that to get Ironman to play I have to use 7.3 3319a as on the latest 7.3 & 8 it comes up with 'Unknown disc' error. I've still to try setting the 'Mediatype' to DVD which I will try tomorrow

I'm waiting for people to get the new official Ironman disc, and if that works without a hitch I'm gonna send mine back for replacement

Last edited:
I already have an ISO of Transformers with region code removed. which was working fine in 8 until I put the latest VCD beta on and now it won't play in 8, and going back to the last official version doesn't fix the problem

This is another example why Blu-ray .iso images should be created using SamuriHL's method: as is, with protections on. And played back with AnyDVD enabled. This allows for easy benefits from possible changes/improvements in the way AnyDVD HD handles the disc. Also various settings (such as region code removal) can be turned on or off as with original disc. Finally, Daemon Tools can be used as an alternative to mount images in case VCD doesn't work properly for whatever reason...

DT doesn't work using the latest version. And it makes no difference if I have an ISO with encryption left on, still won't play even with Anydvd set to not remove region coding. Looks like I'll have to wipe Vista and reinstall and not put on the latest VCD if I want to get everything working like it used to. I'm not going to go back through a few hundred ISO's and rebuild them with protection on just so I can get 2 working when they worked before the latest beta of VCD screwed my system up. It's quicker to just wipe it and reinstall Vista especially as a copy protected ISO of Transformers also doesn't work

DT doesn't work using the latest version.

It is PowerDVD which doesn't work with latest DT, not DT themselves. PowerDVD will not play a decrypted image, mounted with the latest DT, because it sees it as a BD-ROM without AACS, which it refuses to play. But, if you mount an encrypted image, and also enable AnyDVD, AnyDVD turns BD-ROM into BD-R, and then PowerDVD works. And not only PowerDVD, but WinDVD starts working too!

It is PowerDVD which doesn't work with latest DT, not DT themselves. PowerDVD will not play a decrypted image, mounted with the latest DT, because it sees it as a BD-ROM without AACS, which it refuses to play. But, if you mount an encrypted image, and also enable AnyDVD, AnyDVD turns BD-ROM into BD-R, and then PowerDVD works. And not only PowerDVD, but WinDVD starts working too!

So does PowerDVD work with the latest DT, if I use a protected iso via AnyDVD?

I can give that a try later.

Its strange the TMT and PD both behave the same way with these two BRs.

And whats stranger is that PD actually started working on IronMan when I left it running for around 1 1/2 minutes.

It popped up with an error about invalid storage drive, once I clicked that away it worked!

Only happened once though ....

Its such a shame that WinDVD is actually worse than PD in general for playing BR/HD-DVDs!

Like I already said, it doesn't work if I use the latest version of DT, either with or without an encrypted ISO, I still get 'An invalid disc in the drive' error.
Now I've reinstalled my Vista and only gone as far as VCD 5.4.0.6 I can now play Transformers again in the latest version of 8 and can leave 7.3 3319a installed for other things like IronMan

I'll be attempting to pick up iron man later today. I'll let you know if it plays back in the latest PowerDVD 7 in a few hours. I refuse to touch 8 so good luck with that. :D

Will be nice to know, because if it does then I'll send mine back for replacement

New update. Have had a chance to try Ironman with the latest VCD(5.4.0.8.) and latest PowerDVD 7.3 (4407) and it now works. It takes ages to get past the menu loading screen but it does eventually go in. I had to set the mediatype to DVD in the .DVD file and now it works fine. Thanks for the suggestion.
Still can't get it to play in 8 though

Last edited:
Just got back from getting my copy. I can't test it with AnyDVD at the moment as it needs to acquire a key and I'm behind my work firewall, but, the version I just got does play in 4407. I do not have, nor will I load, 8 on my machine any time soon. I also have the long loading time on the menu.

WinDVD BD for Vaio plays it rather quickly. Menu comes up very fast and has no issues at all.

So, I have no idea if I have the fixed version or not. I don't particularly care as I'm quite sure it'll play on my PS3 when I get home and it plays on both my software players. I'm good to go.

I'll make an image of it when I get home and can update AnyDVD and see how that works out.

Back