• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Cyberlink Issue]Problems with Ironman BD

If you have the US IM disc then yes it is a disc issue which is why they recalled the ones that were sent out before the release date. Check your UPC code on the case and if it's not the same as SamauriHL's then you have the old one

I shall check later. Thanks.

BD live disabled

It seems they fixed the bdlive issue by telling their servers to simply reply an error on request, saying there is no bdlive content available.

I have the old "bad" IM disc region A here.
A few days ago, the PS3 would only play it with BDlive disabled.

As of today, it will play it with bdlive enabled, but bdlive is nonfunctional.
And - surprise - PDVD8 plays the disc fine as well, with or without AnyDVD HD enabled :)

I say again: it's the "bad" disc I'm talking about.

What exactly is working? You have no issues with Iron Man anymore? What of the problems with this disc you had reported have gone? Long load time in PowerDVD? Distorted video background in WinDVD? If there is some BD-Live download at the beginning of playback, some of the problems should stay.

BTW, can you prevent BD Live downloads by turning network connection off (e.g. pulling the cable or using Wireless switch)?

Also, what do you call "Powerdvd cache"? Files it creates in AppData\Temp folder?

And for turning drivers on and off and for removing them I recommend AutoRuns from Sysinternals (now from Microsoft): http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

You just un-tick the driver, reboot, see how it works without it, and then make a decision what to do next.

Sorry I wasn't clear. It was late when I was doing all that. I've only gotten things to work so far on my laptop. I can play it on 4407 with or without AnyDVD enabled now. The PowerDVD cache is in my appdata/roaming/Cyberlink folder. I cleared that out, but, I had tried that on my HTPC and it didn't work there. Before I went to bed I removed the apc.sys driver from that machine, as well. I just now loaded the image I made yesterday and it loaded instantly. So, all in all, *EVERYTHING is now working for me perfectly.

As for autoruns, that's hilarious that someone would be recommending it to me. :D I have it installed on every pc I ever touch and use it religeously. You gotta understand that this is the first time I've *EVER* had this kind of issue. I don't normally install crappy software on my machines. The arcsoft stuff was necessary because of the new HD PVR I just got a couple weeks ago. I'm always very careful about what I install. And I'm extremely annoyed that I had this problem.

This should be a lesson to everyone, however. When Webbie or anyone else tells you that the filters you have installed CAN lead to problems, they are NOT kidding around. In the end this was not a PowerDVD problem nor an AnyDVD problem. It came down to crappy filter drivers clogging up the machines.

It seems they fixed the bdlive issue by telling their servers to simply reply an error on request, saying there is no bdlive content available.

I have the old "bad" IM disc region A here.
A few days ago, the PS3 would only play it with BDlive disabled.

As of today, it will play it with bdlive enabled, but bdlive is nonfunctional.
And - surprise - PDVD8 plays the disc fine as well, with or without AnyDVD HD enabled :)

I say again: it's the "bad" disc I'm talking about.

That's just awesome. LOL! I wis there were some way to permanently disable BD Live crap so when this happens next time (and you can be sure it will) we have the option to disable BD Live and move on with life. The PS3 has an option to at least ask if you want to download it or skip it. Too bad AnyDVD couldn't emulate the kind of "error" they're giving us back. :D (I'm joking, people...I'm not seriously asking Slysoft to add this functionality to AnyDVD so don't ask them to!)

I wish there were some way to permanently disable BD Live crap so when this happens next time (and you can be sure it will) we have the option to disable BD Live and move on with life.

Will unplugging a network cable or turning wireless switch off give the desired effect? :)

Will unplugging a network cable or turning wireless switch off give the desired effect? :)

No, as I mentioned in my "Is there a way to turn off BD Live crap" thread, that isn't an option I consider useful. Neither is having to set up a firewall to block the app. I just want to block the BD Live content from downloading. And I don't want to use a cannon to kill a fly.

Ok, so, not ALL of my problems are fixed. The issue I reported with WinDVD BD for Vaio is still there. If AnyDVD is enabled, the menu is totally boned and garbled. I disable AnyDVD and it's fine. If someone else has this disc with WinDVD can they confirm that issue for me? This is of course with AnyDVD 6.4.7.0.

EDIT: OOOOK, that's just freaky. If I use my unprotected image I created on my HTPC last night (streamed over the network to my laptop) mounted using a .DVD file that sets the type to BDR, it plays the menu just fine. This is only realtime playback of the original disc with AnyDVD enabled that seems to be a problem.

Last edited:
Ok, so, not ALL of my problems are fixed. The issue I reported with WinDVD BD for Vaio is still there. If AnyDVD is enabled, the menu is totally boned and garbled. I disable AnyDVD and it's fine. If someone else has this disc with WinDVD can they confirm that issue for me? This is of course with AnyDVD 6.4.7.0.

EDIT: OOOOK, that's just freaky. If I use my unprotected image I created on my HTPC last night (streamed over the network to my laptop) mounted using a .DVD file that sets the type to BDR, it plays the menu just fine. This is only realtime playback of the original disc with AnyDVD enabled that seems to be a problem.

Strange indeed - my version (Region A, early) plays ok (well, define ok... I mean in the limits given by WinDVD9 after some crashing and stuttering) with AnyDVD enabled or disabled, no difference...

Strange indeed - my version (Region A, early) plays ok (well, define ok... I mean in the limits given by WinDVD9 after some crashing and stuttering) with AnyDVD enabled or disabled, no difference...

SIGH. WinDVD BD for Vaio is based on version 8 I believe. And I have the "new and improved" version of Iron Man region A.

I sat down to enjoy the new Iron Man Blu-ray that I purchased from target yesterday. I got the special packaging discs from them. The disc number 1 is Blue and the disc number 2 is grey. I was told that means I have the new disc number 1 as the old disc number 1 is grey.

I tried to play it with PDVD8 on Windows XP with and without ANYDVDHD running. It would not get past the opening frame with the circle in the middle. I gave up after a few hours of fiddling with it.

Then I tried it again this morning with anyDVDHD turned off. It worked! However, the Bass does not sound right on it. It just did not have the punch that Transformers and all of my other discs have.

I verified that my PDVD8 is set to quiet environment(Full dynamic range), my ATI 4850 is outputting 7.1 channel LPCM, and I was using the DD True-HD track with a fully DVE calibrated system. Has anyone else noticed that the Bass just isn’t what you were expecting with PDVD8?

I tried to play it with PDVD8 on Windows XP with and without ANYDVDHD running. It would not get past the opening frame with the circle in the middle. I gave up after a few hours of fiddling with it.

Then I tried it again this morning with anyDVDHD turned off. It worked! However, the Bass does not sound right on it. It just did not have the punch that Transformers and all of my other discs have.

Ok, here's what it seems to be: "this morning with AnyDVD HD turned off" is merely a coincidence.
As of today, the disc seems to work - with or without PDVD.

The problem with the "loading circle" is simply BD live.

Had a chat with James about it and he threw in a simple observation: "release date of that movie is October 1st" :)

Quite obviously, paramounts servers started releasing the BDlive content starting today and that is why the disc suddenly works.

Now the whole thing is ok (even BDLive works - more or less).

The problem with the "mastering error" either didn't exist at all or only shows with certain players (with PDVD, WinDVD, TMT not being among them).

Well, I can confirm that the new Region A Iron Man BD (UPC 097361385709) plays just fine with PDVD 7.3.4407 with AnyDVD HD 6.4.6.9 enabled. I accepted the BD-Live update though. I don't know if that changed or improved anything with the film. The menus are not messed up, and the movie plays just fine. I am ripping it to ISO now, and will test again to make sure nothing is wrong there. I doubt it, but want to be thorough in testing.

Well, i have some interesting things to report. I cleared my PowerDVD cache again. I loaded up Iron Man original disc again with AnyDVD enabled (doesn't matter for this) and this time it did something really sweet! It said "Available bonus features are now available via BD-Live for this disc. Note this one-time process may take several minutes depending on your player model and internet connection speed. Would you like to download these features now? Yes No" It would seem they've gotten a little smarter at this.

Yep. This was the very same prompt I received when I loaded IM. I accepted the prompt, and it still played just fine for me.

I'm working on finding a way to disable the BD Live downloads. I'm not sure if that's possible or not just yet. But if I figure it out I'll post it cause they annoy me. If I want BD Live crap I'll use my PS3 where it's more likely to work right. :)

Hey Samuri, when you try to play the disc now, it first asks you if you want to download bd-live data or not, so you can now skip, no fix needed (at least for Iron man).

Hey Samuri, when you try to play the disc now, it first asks you if you want to download bd-live data or not, so you can now skip, no fix needed (at least for Iron man).

You said it. :) And that was only added after the morons let 100's of thousands of people slam the server. Everyone seems to be missing the ultimate point of my exercise here. The PS3 gives me the option for *ALL* bd live enabled movies whether to download the content or not. It's not up to an individual movie. I want the same choice in powerdvd. Whether they add it or I find a way myself I don't care. And as I said, the firewall approach is like a cannon shooting a fly. I just want a fly swatter, damnit. Is that too much to ask for? :)

And as I said, the firewall approach is like a cannon shooting a fly. I just want a fly swatter, damnit. Is that too much to ask for? :)

In this day and age, yes, it is too much to ask for. You're expecting logic when such a thing is on the verge of extinction.

Back