• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Cyberlink Issue]Problems with Ironman BD

In this day and age, yes, it is too much to ask for. You're expecting logic when such a thing is on the verge of extinction.

Yea, well, I'm trying to give control back to the users who deserve it so we don't suffer through this BS again. Do you have any idea how many people had problems with this nonsense? WE, the users, demand control over our content. And I will do what I can to give it back to us. I just don't know how yet.

Yea, well, I'm trying to give control back to the users who deserve it so we don't suffer through this BS again. Do you have any idea how many people had problems with this nonsense? WE, the users, demand control over our content. And I will do what I can to give it back to us. I just don't know how yet.

I sincerely hope you do find a way. I've lost all faith.

I sincerely hope you do find a way. I've lost all faith.

I'm hoping for the easy way. The hard way is ugly. I'm a software engineer, so, if I have to I'll replace one of the classes needed to go online in the BDJ with a stubbed out class with the same signature. I'd SO very much like to avoid that approach. :) We'll see. It'll take some time.

Apparently at the startup you can opt not to download BD-Live content:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=1849

The following is a statement from Paramount regarding the BD-Live functionality of Iron Man:

"The Iron Man Blu-ray went on sale Tuesday and due to the overwhelming popularity of the release an unprecedented demand was placed on the BD-Live connection. The disc represents a truly state-of-the art Blu-ray presentation with a first of its kind BD-Live application. As such, the heavy amount of traffic strained the servers due to so many people heading to the same destination. The bandwidth capacity was increased in preparation for the release but the demand exceeded all expectations so capacity was expanded dramatically last night and local servers were established worldwide to accommodate all the fans. The issue should be completely resolved but if anyone experiences a brief traffic jam, we have provided consumers with a menu option during disc startup that allows them to go directly to the movie main menu or continue to download the BD-Live features."

Last edited:
But that's only on this one disc, what he's wanting to do is to be able to stop them all from trying to connect

But that's only on this one disc, what he's wanting to do is to be able to stop them all from trying to connect

I understand this. But maybe there is a policy they all should follow to give a user an option not to download BD-Live content.

Last edited:
I understand this. But maybe there is a policy they all should follow to give a user an option not to download BD-Live content.

BAHAHAHAAHAHA! You have far too much faith in them. :) No, sorry, I'm not relying on the intelligence of studios. I, as the user, want control. I'm not relying on them.

Any update about this title? Using latest AnyDVD, VCD, PDVD8 updates here and try back up iso with and without AnyDVD enable and play with or without AnyDVD enable, also remove region code on and off, still no luck. Hope everyone well here!

Last edited:
If the disc isn't playing with Anydvd disabled (and provided that you have the "fixed" version of IronMan . . . the one that wasn't recalled) then this appears to be an issue with Powerdvd 8 (1830). Contact Cyberlink

Last edited:
I agree. I have not problems with PDVD7.3.4407 and IM playing the physical disk or ISO.

Thank you guys! I just rolled back my latest PDVD8 latest version to CyberLink_PowerDVD8_Ultra_080401.exe, the version when I upgrade from PDVD7 to PDVD8 and it works right away.

Thank you guys! I just rolled back my latest PDVD8 latest version to CyberLink_PowerDVD8_Ultra_080401.exe, the version when I upgrade from PDVD7 to PDVD8 and it works right away.

After above action, I thought I was out of the wood but it was not the case... When I start watching it, it jerks from time to time but not all the time. So I upgrade to 1830 and after that when I mount this ISO, it will ask me "do you want to update..." I hit "Yes" and about 2 mins or so, it will have another screen said "complete and continuous" After that it is working for sure now.

Iron Man (BD) won't play with or without AnyDVD HD

I'm having the same problem using 6.4.7.0. Power DVD 8 Ultra won't play with or with out AnyDVD enabled.

I used all versions of Power DVD 8 and AnyDVD 6.4.7.0 and it won't play with or without AnyDVD enabled.

[ Posts consolidated in this thread ]

I'm having the same problem using 6.4.7.0. Power DVD 8 Ultra won't play with or with out AnyDVD enabled.

No, you aren't having the same problem as the original poster in one of the threads you posted this in. Please don't post in another person's troubleshooting thread. Do not post the same exact thing in multiple threads.

Since it doesn't matter if AnyDVD HD is running or not then this problem is not an AnyDVD HD problem. That means the problem is either PowerDVD or the disc, itself. With the one thread you posted in your problem is different because your disc won't play with PowerDVD while the original poster had no problem playing the disc with PowerDVD.

Last edited:
When I insert Iron Man now, Anydvd 6.4.7.0 says that it needs a patch from the server, however I can't download it because I keep my HTPC disconnected from the internet. I guess we have to wait for update.

unable to play iron man iso on powerdvd 8 any ideas

I Have updated anydvd to 6.4.7 without success. In fact it does not trigger power dvd to start.

Anybody have problems or any ideas.
________
Weed

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you actually read through any of the other posts in this thread?

Just as an update to my issues (ie Ironman AND Transformers BD)

I could get Ironman working direct from the disk, and get prompted to download BD Live stuff as above.

This is with or without ANyDVD running.

But as soon as I rip it, the blue flashing thing would come up and nothing else.

If I keep the the cyberlink cache (in roaming) from playing it from the disk it works (well I get a message about can't find stoarge system, but I click that away).

The same issue with Transformers (both Paramount), works from the disk but does nothing from the rip.

So in the end I used tsmuxer to just rip the movies for both and now I don't have any problems! :clap:

As I have stated numerous times. Both movies work. I tried the newest version of powerDVD and IRONMAN did not work. All other versions work, with the remove region code not checked. I just watched IRONMAN and TRANSFORMERS 2 days ago. Yes I mount it with VCD, yes its an ISO. You might get asked to update anydvd from their server. Thats about it.

Back