• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD

Status
Not open for further replies.
CloneBD stinks

To reduce some of the head scratching I purchased CloneBD because I would not have a clue how or what to test for. At the time the trial period was for 21days and there was no suggestion of the trial period becoming open ended. The discount being offered expired on January18. On top of this I was expecting a user guide to be provided on purchase to be followed by a tutorial. Given the extraordinary gestation period of this product and the fact that AnyDVD HD works extremely well even though it is in a permanent Beta status I was expecting better. The other disappointment is the stipulation that if you buy from Elby then don't expect support from SlySoft which given the current marketing of the product I find absurd.

I fully accept that I have to live with my choices and I look forward to a finished CloneBD product.

To reduce some of the head scratching I purchased CloneBD because I would not have a clue how or what to test for. At the time the trial period was for 21days and there was no suggestion of the trial period becoming open ended. The discount being offered expired on January18.

Many of us learned the information along with everyone else. Nonetheless, I fully understand your point and it's valid.

On top of this I was expecting a user guide to be provided on purchase to be followed by a tutorial.

Good point. At some point it would be nice to have one but with the product being in flux I'm not sure how quickly there will be one. I honestly have no idea what the intentions are on this because I have no real information.

Given the extraordinary gestation period of this product and the fact that AnyDVD HD works extremely well even though it is in a permanent Beta status I was expecting better.

You are definitely not alone and I understand the feeling.

The other disappointment is the stipulation that if you buy from Elby then don't expect support from SlySoft which given the current marketing of the product I find absurd.

Here's where things get a little tricky. The product is an Elaborate Bytes one so with respect to support in the forums there is limited support. The product is still new, the developers are actively updating it to fix issues, etc, and only so much can be offered here. With respect to detailed support especially via email and such that really should go directly to Elaborate Bytes and this makes sense. A direct line of communication to the developers is always best.

I fully accept that I have to live with my choices and I look forward to a finished CloneBD product.

CloneBD will get better and the problems will be resolved. I understand your disappointment (?) with the initial issues but I also appreciate the fact that you are also looking at the big picture.

Btw, just for clarification, my original statement should have read:

4. I'm still scratching my head at some people who didn't actually make full use of the trial before buying the software. Yes, there was an expectation that CloneBD would be more stable but using the trial would have shown people where it stood and they could have waited out the issues currently being experienced.

Trial software of this kind generally does have watermarks. No surprise there. It's an incentive to buy the software to remove it. People still should test software first and if it works for them then buy it. Many people have talked about how CloneBD has yet to work for them and they bought a lifetime license. Erm, okay, did they ever try it first? What is being ignored is that people can test the output on a PC, HTPC, or use BD-RE blanks on a standalone player. Some time is spent testing the software but money isn't wasted. Focusing on the watermark is short-sighted, IMHO, but to each their own.

What you may be ignoring is, yes, the trial was there, but given the years that went in to bringing this product out and with the Slysoft/Elby well earned reputation, folks like myself bought the lifetime license based on that very reputation, that could be why the bitterness. It was released a month or more too soon, took until v.1030 for me to get 1 backup that would play on a standalone.

Hmmmm this really got my attention.

Trial software of this kind generally does have watermarks. No surprise there. It's an incentive to buy the software to remove it.

If watermarks are so easily added and removed what's with Cinavia. Understand that's a watermark.....

How about this?

How about this? That's a restriction of the TRIAL it adds a watermark. Buy a license and the beaver will go away.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Go back and read the post I was responding to. Drink Lye and Die said "I'm still scratching my head at people who didn't actually make full use of the trial before buying the software." I quoted and placed this in bold in my response. I am fully aware the watermark goes away when a license is purchased, but the fact that any backup made with the trial version will have this silly beaver watermark on it may explain why folks didn't make full use of the trial version, and was an attempt to answer his question. Quite frankly the low price these days of Verbatim 50GB DL blanks makes using any program other than AnyDvdHD and ImgBurn head scratching. I can make a perfect backup in less time than CloneBD takes to compress it and all for only $1.25 more per backup.

Last edited:
What you may be ignoring is, yes, the trial was there, but given the years that went in to bringing this product out and with the Slysoft/Elby well earned reputation, folks like myself bought the lifetime license based on that very reputation, that could be why the bitterness. It was released a month or more too soon, took until v.1030 for me to get 1 backup that would play on a standalone.

Hmmmm this really got my attention.

If watermarks are so easily added and removed what's with Cinavia. Understand that's a watermark.....

Posted by mcmenace
If watermarks are so easily added and removed what's with Cinavia. Understand that's a watermark....
Cinavia is an embedded watermark in the audio stream, the Slysoft Water mark, is not.

You do know Anydvd HD can do the options of RIP videodisc to hard disk for movie only option. Maybe if you just looked a little harder you might find what your wanting Anydvd HD can already do that for you as well.

As to the product QC it's still a work in progress and to expect a 100% perfect program from the the start is asking alot-even I been having problems with the latest 1.0.3.2 version but knowing Slysoft product they will eventually get it in working order its a matter of time and not giving them time to fix and resolve the problem is very short sightedness.

I TOTALLY AGREE with Recycle, give them a chance and stop complaining. You had the option to try before you buy, so hopefully you only purchased a license for one year. IHHO Slysoft/Elby are reliable companies and they stand behind their products. If you don't like them, then take it as a lesson learned and try something else, if you can find anything that is better, which I doubt! :rock:

I TOTALLY AGREE with Recycle, give them a chance and stop complaining. You had the option to try before you buy, so hopefully you only purchased a license for one year. IHHO Slysoft/Elby are reliable companies and they stand behind their products. If you don't like them, then take it as a lesson learned and try something else, if you can find anything that is better, which I doubt!

All of that might be true, but what about cinavia, everybody dances around that. It's been a long dance and I'm anxiously awaiting the last waltz.

As to the product QC it's still a work in progress and to expect a 100% perfect program from the the start is asking alot

They've had about 2 months since it went live ("the start") and years in development so he may have a valid reason.

Personally it works fine for me but for...cinavia. With v.1032 I get every backup I try. One thing I found could be causing issues, my ritek 25GB media says it's good for 130 mins. (2 hours, 10 minutes) Any movie longer than that could give you problems not related to either product. Check the label of your media, don't know if that's the "standard" does explain why I could not backup Gone With the Wind until I got 50GB media.

Cinavia reason enough to complain cos it's still not mentioned anywhere that you can't possibly backup BD-R's containing cinavia to play on a stand-alone player with cloneBD. Foxcatcher, Equalizer, Dracula Untold, Ouija etc. Should at least be stated somewhere in cloneBD's description, where it's sold, so people know what they are or are not getting for their money.

Cinavia reason enough to complain cos it's still not mentioned anywhere that you can't possibly backup BD-R's containing cinavia to play on a stand-alone player with cloneBD. Foxcatcher, Equalizer, Dracula Untold, Ouija etc. Should at least be stated somewhere in cloneBD's description, where it's sold, so people know what they are or are not getting for their money.

CloneBD will give you such a warning, if you use its wonderful preview player.

I told him that a long time ago James, apparently still doesn't get it that cloneBD can detect it and warns for it.

CloneBD will give you such a warning, if you use its wonderful preview player.

Yes, it tells you it's there, if you wait long enough. Doesn't help a prospective buyer. Not that I care, I'm in for the long haul, assuming and expecting a fix.

"Wonderful preview" a bit of a stretch when there are 2 or more "partial" backups to choose from in many cases (cinavia excluded). How does one know which to pick? Almost a crap shoot.

@James: is there no way to detect cinavia WITHOUT having to go into the preview player? Wouldn't it be easier to display that warning in the title selection screen or is that technically (due to inner mechanics) not possible?

I told him that a long time ago James, apparently still doesn't get it that cloneBD can detect it and warns for it.

So what's your point? Yeah that's nice it detect's it after awhile but seein ain't gettin

So what's your point? Yeah that's nice it detect's it after awhile but seein ain't gettin

mcmenace, just because you don't like the answer to something doesn't change reality. You've repeatedly made some completely incorrect, unfounded, and ludicrous statements including that CloneBD cannot detect Cinavia. You've been corrected numerous times and then gotten upset because people correct you when you say things that are simply wrong. CloneBD detects Cinavia. End of story. Period. It's a fact. The horse has been beaten to death.

mcmenace, just because you don't like the answer to something doesn't change reality. You've repeatedly made some completely incorrect, unfounded, and ludicrous statements including that CloneBD cannot detect Cinavia. You've been corrected numerous times and then gotten upset because people correct you when you say things that are simply wrong. CloneBD detects Cinavia. End of story. Period. It's a fact. The horse has been beaten to death.

Furthemore, CloneBD can absolutely be used to make a back-up of a Blu-ray disc containing Cinavia that will play on standalone Blu-ray players as long as the standalone player does not check for the Cinavia watermark. Saying that CloneBD simply cannot backup a movie with Cinavia is incorrect.

You sir are nit-picking. The "story"?? ends when cinavia encoded movies play on stand-alone bluray players, as advertised and is probably the reason the majority of people bought it in the first place.

It's amazing using "horse been beaten to death" analogy since there is no solution to owners or warning to prospective customers. Unfounded? Ludicris? Wrong? Sounds like a description of the non-solution to cinavia. What is it you expect? Just shut up and pretend it's not happening?

Obviously you missed the fact I bought in and am willing to wait for a solution NP. BTW, the squeaky wheel gets the most grease. So what if it's detecting Cinavia? That means nothing to folks backing up movies only to have the sound drop out.

as long as the standalone player does not check for the Cinavia watermark

They grow on trees. I bought one and was told it would play cinavia movies, being manufactured in September of 2011, only to find it has no sound on 2/3 of the backups and am forced to return it. How many people have those type of players??? C'mon.

Last edited:
The program does exactly as advertised, go read the product description and point us to the line where it says cloneBD can remove cinavia? Oh wait, you'll be looking a long time because there is no such long.

As such the program does not falsely advertise anything and does exactly what it is supposed to be able of doing.

You sir are nit-picking. The "story"?? ends when cinavia encoded movies play on stand-alone bluray players, as advertised and is probably the reason the majority of people bought it in the first place.

It's amazing using "horse been beaten to death" analogy since there is no solution to owners or warning to prospective customers. Unfounded? Ludicris? Wrong? Sounds like a description of the non-solution to cinavia. What is it you expect? Just shut up and pretend it's not happening?

Obviously you missed the fact I bought in and am willing to wait for a solution NP. BTW, the squeaky wheel gets the most grease. So what if it's detecting Cinavia? That means nothing to folks backing up movies only to have the sound drop out.

They grow on trees. I bought one and was told it would play cinavia movies, being manufactured in September of 2011, only to find it has no sound on 2/3 of the backups and am forced to return it. How many people have those type of players??? C'mon.

CloneBD lets you copy any unprotected Blu-ray to your hard drive, or any blank Blu-ray disc.
That is the first line of the CloneBD description. Cinavia is a protection, different in form than most, but is a protection against copying. It's ineffective if you are using older equipment, but they are figuring those players will be gone before long and they are counting on everyone using post 2012 players. They weren't counting on AnyDVD HD to "bypass" the Cinavia check on software players.

So your argument that CloneBD is stating it can copy any disc is not valid. It says any UNPROTECTED disc. Now if you want to say that AnyDVD HD says it will remove all protections, but can't do Cinavia, that may be somewhat valid. But as AnyDVD or AnyDVD HD doesn't touch the audio, it is really outside it's normal job. Something from Slysoft will probably do it, at some time. But not now, and probably not soon. If anyone on this forum has any right to complain, it would be those of us that have been on here for years and were told that Slyce (now CloneBD) would remove Cinavia, and then when released were told it would not. The odd thing is, it's not us doing the complaining. We all have workarounds and know it will get done...when it gets done.

Last edited:
The program does exactly as advertised, go read the product description and point us to the line where it says cloneBD can remove cinavia? Oh wait, you'll be looking a long time because there is no such long.

As such the program does not falsely advertise anything and does exactly what it is supposed to be able of doing.

+1. James confirmed long ago that CloneBD can detect Cinavia; that is NOT the same as removing it. You can still use Cinavia copies with older stand-alones, software players with AnyDVD HD active (including its "Cinavia fix" for licensed players that disables their Cinavia detection routines), and non-BD players & formats that don't detect Cinavia. Only full-blown Cinavia removal will make copies playable on gaming systems & newer stand-alones that detect Cinavia; SlySoft made that clear on this forum long before releasing either the "Cinavia fix" or CloneBD. That's the tough cookie even SlySoft hasn't been able to fully crumble; CinEx may have cracked it somewhat, but at a cost to sound quality that SlySoft (and many others) finds unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back