• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MULESKINNER

I have been using this application shortly after it was released - I have not been successful getting past first base - everything has been a dismal failure - the app says it was successful but nearly everything that it says was successful is actually a failure - pretty much everything it produces is nothing but video with directors comments and closed captioned garbage for the hearing impaired getting displayed - I expected to get a quality product because Slysoft was involved and I love their products - I have since moved on to something that works - will put CloneBD to bed and maybe in a year or so the app will work like it is supposed to - in the meantime, they should put out some frickin documentation - the app appears to be a no brainer as far as operation goes, but apparently there must be some secret to getting it to work that hasn't been passed down - maybe the dirty little secret is that it never has worked - on those rare occasions that it worked, it was just luck with a particular blu ray disk - I no longer have the time to mess with it.

Since you've never posted once about using CloneBD I think it's rather unfair to be just be giving negative comments without at least once asking for some advice, and it would probably help if you said exactly what you are trying to do (what output you are using) and how you are then trying to play that output back. If you read around you can see that many of us are having no issues with it, and the usual reason for getting the wrong audio playing back is either choosing the wrong audio track in the first place or your playback device/software doesn't support the type of audio you chose. And as to the closed captioning, then you need to un-tick any subtitles if you are using a format that doesn't support a separate subtitle track otherwise they will be hard coded into the video stream.

Last edited:
It is still a little raw

Just want backup files to watch movies on the go, without carting disks around. Already have several SlySoft products and always very happy with them. Why go to another product line when this one is always just right, right?

Trialled CloneBD 1.0.? on some short clips from bluray, seemed to do ok.
Bought a license and installed 1.0.3.1. Great silent pictures, didn't matter what format.
Installed 1.0.3.2. Now have great sound, it just isn't anywhere near the great picture.

Seems to be a common issue from reading the forum. Hope they come together soon.

Just want backup files to watch movies on the go, without carting disks around.

You do know Anydvd HD can do the options of RIP videodisc to hard disk for movie only option. Maybe if you just looked a little harder you might find what your wanting Anydvd HD can already do that for you as well.

Already have several SlySoft products and always very happy with them. Why go to another product line when this one is always just right, right?

Trialled CloneBD 1.0.? on some short clips from bluray, seemed to do ok.
Bought a license and installed 1.0.3.1. Great silent pictures, didn't matter what format.
Installed 1.0.3.2. Now have great sound, it just isn't anywhere near the great picture.

Seems to be a common issue from reading the forum. Hope they come together soon.

As to the product QC it's still a work in progress and to expect a 100% perfect program from the the start is asking alot-even I been having problems with the latest 1.0.3.2 version but knowing Slysoft product they will eventually get it in working order its a matter of time and not giving them time to fix and resolve the problem is very short sightedness.

Movie only option

Hey Recycle, you said that ANYDVDHD would rip to hard drive with "movie only option". I have been using this software from day one and I can't find that option. Can you explain how to set it for movie only?:agree:

You can't. Anydvd only rips the entire disc contents, 'movie only' would require reauthoring of the contents and that's not something anydvd can do

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

As to the product QC it's still a work in progress and to expect a 100% perfect program from the the start is asking alot-even I been having problems with the latest 1.0.3.2 version but knowing Slysoft product they will eventually get it in working order its a matter of time and not giving them time to fix and resolve the problem is very short sightedness.

I was having problems backing up older bluray movies with anyDVD HD/cloneBD combo (attached example). Error messages "it's already open....", coasters, or just not burning. Turned off the screensaver, cleared the cache in cloneBD, closed cloneBD after every backup, successful or not. Reinserted another movie and started over from beginning, instead of choosing "burn another movie" option. When more than 1 main movie appeared, was careful which one to select. I'm not saying this will fix your issues, but it definitely did mine!! Don't be afraid to experiment. I thought it was the program and turns out it was something I was or was not doing.

CloneBD over-rides screensaver so it trying to come on may have caused conflicts. Who knows what collects in cache? Figured starting over each movie instead of continuing on couldn't hurt. Was able to back up every movie that crashed before!! Something worked :clap:

2015-03-03_Robin Hood-Crowe-burn fail 1.jpg2015-03-03_Robin Hood-Crowe-burn fail 2.jpg

re what Anydvd HD can do vs CloneBD

You do know Anydvd HD can do the options of RIP videodisc to hard disk for movie only option. Maybe if you just looked a little harder you might find what your wanting Anydvd HD can already do that for you as well.

Sure you can do that. Sure I have done that. It costs about 35GB. No problem for the laptop's 2TB storage. But when I'm away from a power outlet for half a day and want to throw it on a 64GB card and put it in the tablet it's a little limiting, and I don't want to sit pruning the file structure beforehand. CloneBD does the same (ok, about the same) definition and costs 9GB for the movie. A few clicks, 25 minutes while I shower, rev the cpu at 98% and the resultant single file is just what I was after. Well almost, and hopefully soon.

Last edited:
Expectations CloneBD

This is really the central issue behind the frequently hostile posts about CloneBD. With not much change from 100euro, its not about expecting perfection, but it is about expecting more than a very flawed beta.

I've been reading this forum for years, just never had a single reason to post until now. (I upgraded a 2yr license of AnyDVD to a forever license before there was any HD attached to the name to need another forever upgrade). So I had some awareness that there were problems before purchase. And, because SlySoft is promoting this product on their site, I have faith that all will be well.

Just in this moment of time, however, CloneBD is all about expectation and nothing about delivery.

Just in this moment of time, however, CloneBD is all about expectation and nothing about delivery.

I dunno what you're doing wrong, but I have no trouble backing up any movie with anyDVD HD/cloneBD, partial movie. No ISO's nothing but those 2 progams, hand-in-hand. If you read some of my posts I was labelled a complainer to the max. I bitched when it didn't work (about a month after release) congratulate them when it's right. IMO they fixed what was wrong, working fine, as good as with standard DVD's. Even found a way around Cinavia.

What doesn't it deliver? I just backed up a 4 hour movie in 2 hours or less, haven't found any movie I couldn't copy, doing at least 20 since turning off screensaver as mentioned above without any failures.

I will say it's a resource hog and lower-end PC's with not much RAM could have real problems. Whatever you have, use good blank media, like Verbatim. Don't be doing anything else while attempting backups.

It doesn't deliver what I want

I dunno what you're doing wrong ... What doesn't it deliver?

I want the main movie as an .mkv file. What I get is an .mkv file with the sound out of sync (with the picture). The loss of sync varies from movie to movie. In one movie its just enough to be noticeable, in another its out by a second and a half. The loss of sync (in time) is consistent across multiple trials of the same title, but different between titles.

I use AnyDVD HD/CloneBD in a freshly booted system, internet disconnected, I don't do anything else while CloneBD is doing its job. The laptop runs Windows7 (64bit), Intel i7-3610QM CPU, 16GB ram (overall windows score of 7.4 whatever that means). When I 'play "main feature"' on the source/copy mode/selection page the sound sync is perfect. I select convert into a file, Matroska Container with a MPEG-4 (libx264) AC-3 profile. I then tick the main title and audio language, output resolution 1024*576, and press begin conversion. After 25-30 minutes it says complete, no errors or problems are listed.

I may do full iso backups on occasion with rare or expensive titles, but usually I just want the main title as .mkv for easy travel. I haven't managed one file in sound sync since purchase.

Last edited:
I want the main movie as an .mkv file. What I get is an .mkv file with the sound out of sync (with the picture). The loss of sync varies from movie to movie. In one movie its just enough to be noticeable, in another its out by a second and a half. The loss of sync (in time) is consistent across multiple trials of the same title, but different between titles.

I use AnyDVD HD/CloneBD in a freshly booted system, internet disconnected, I don't do anything else while CloneBD is doing its job. The laptop runs Windows7 (64bit), Intel i7-3610QM CPU, 16GB ram (overall windows score of 7.4 whatever that means). When I 'play "main feature"' on the source/copy mode/selection page the sound sync is perfect. I select convert into a file, Matroska Container with a MPEG-4 (libx264) AC-3 profile. I then tick the main title and audio language, output resolution 1024*576, and press begin conversion. After 25-30 minutes it says complete, no errors or problems are listed.

I may do full iso backups on occasion with rare or expensive titles, but usually I just want the main title as .mkv for easy travel. I haven't managed one file in sound sync since purchase.

I just make backups to watch on stand-alone bluray players on my TV, sorry I can't help with other devices, probably somebody here can though.....

It seems like CloneBD has taken a step backwards with regards to MKV files. If I roll back to an earlier version I can make perfectly in sync video and audio MKV files (still no chapter points or subtitles), but if I update to the latest build (1.0.3.2) the same movies now encode out of sync. Nothing else has changed on the system other than updating CloneBD

When will this work???

I was one of the unfortunate souls that purchased the lifelong licence for BD clone. I have been using AnyDvdHD and clone dvd for years without any problems. This is why I expect slysoft to make this work. Clearly it was released to soon. And you can curb any excuses about nothing being perfect from the onset. The reality is they released something with an operational beaver and that is it.
Every version released so far I have done three tests. After each update I have made MKV files, ISO files, and straight to disc. I cant remember how many useless updates i've done this with now.
After all of these attempts ive been partially successful twice, twice I have made a disc that plays, mind you they were unwatchable because the audio is completely out of sink.
My other attempts will not play with VLC, you can see the time on bottom go from 1 sec to 4 sec to 5 sec to 1 sec and repeats. With my bluray player every MKV file freezes the system to the point I have to unplug and reset. Just stopping at the file in the list is enough to lock up the whole system, don't even need to click on it. Id love to know how anyone is having successes.
I have an Oppo bluray player that has never let me down. Instead of adding new features, can we first make an operational product, you cant build something stable on a broken foundation.

with all of this being said slysoft has done well in the past, they just need to get their priorities straight, in the guise of best practices we should all get some type of compensation.

Personally I've not had many issues with CloneBD until this version, and even then both full and movie only Blu-ray works fine for me. Prior to this build MKV's also worked perfectly for video and audio and I've run hundreds of discs through it

I'm going to make a comments and leave it at that:

1. CloneBD is an Elaborate Bytes product. Not really surprising in the grand scheme of things for various reasons.
  2. Yes, the software needs to become more mature before everyone will be happy. There are obvious issues but those issues are being addressed with updates. Some may take longer to address than others but progress is clearly being made.
  3. No one who purchased a license threw the money away or had the money just go up in smoke. Give it some time as problems are resolved. Your license will still be valid. You didn't lose anything. It just, unfortunately, took some time for kinks to be ironed out.
  4. I'm still scratching my head at people who didn't actually make full use of the trial before buying the software. Yes, there was an expectation that CloneBD would be more stable but using the trial would have shown people where it stood and they could have waited out the issues currently being experienced.

I'm going to make a comments and leave it at that:

1. CloneBD is an Elaborate Bytes product. Not really surprising in the grand scheme of things for various reasons.
  2. Yes, the software needs to become more mature before everyone will be happy. There are obvious issues but those issues are being addressed with updates. Some may take longer to address than others but progress is clearly being made.
  3. No one who purchased a license threw the money away or had the money just go up in smoke. Give it some time as problems are resolved. Your license will still be valid. You didn't lose anything. It just, unfortunately, took some time for kinks to be ironed out.
  4. I'm still scratching my head at people who didn't actually make full use of the trial before buying the software. Yes, there was an expectation that CloneBD would be more stable but using the trial would have shown people where it stood and they could have waited out the issues currently being experienced.

I am scratching my head at anyone who would want to waste time and money making copies of movies with a silly looking beaver taking up the right hand corner of the TV screen. If I went to a movie theater and they had a watermark visible in the picture my ticket and popcorn had damn well better be free.

How about this? That's a restriction of the TRIAL it adds a watermark. Buy a license and the beaver will go away.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

I am scratching my head at anyone who would want to waste time and money making copies of movies with a silly looking beaver taking up the right hand corner of the TV screen. If I went to a movie theater and they had a watermark visible in the picture my ticket and popcorn had damn well better be free.

Trial software of this kind generally does have watermarks. No surprise there. It's an incentive to buy the software to remove it. People still should test software first and if it works for them then buy it. Many people have talked about how CloneBD has yet to work for them and they bought a lifetime license. Erm, okay, did they ever try it first? What is being ignored is that people can test the output on a PC, HTPC, or use BD-RE blanks on a standalone player. Some time is spent testing the software but money isn't wasted. Focusing on the watermark is short-sighted, IMHO, but to each their own.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back