• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea, I bought it based on their past successes. Disappointed for sure, but it does do a lot of movies flawlessly. Matter of time till it works OK. I think they'll get this 2 hour mess fixed soon but cinavia is still lurking.

We have Cinavia removal working internally. It sucks (as I have explained in another thread), but it is certainly coming for those who care. I personally couldn't care less.

We have Cinavia removal working internally. It sucks (as I have explained in another thread), but it is certainly coming for those who care. I personally couldn't care less.
Same here. I don't normally play back my discs on set-top players other than for testing purposes so not an issue for me

I searched around and found the post

James said:
With Media files like mkvs, it would be possible to keep the audio quality using a different codec like ogg, but with media files nobody cares.

But isn't the Cinavia like a time bomb which maybe will be activated 10 years in the future? I mean, disks are hardly going to be around more than another few years are they? So really a "clean" audio is my goal, I would have thought it is for most people.

I must admit, I've been surprise how many people here are using CloneBD to burn disks.

I searched around and found the post

But isn't the Cinavia like a time bomb which maybe will be activated 10 years in the future? I mean, disks are hardly going to be around more than another few years are they? So really a "clean" audio is my goal, I would have thought it is for most people.

I must admit, I've been surprise how many people here are using CloneBD to burn disks.

Interesting comment. People are using cloneBD because they bought it for that very reason. After all, this is a cloneBD forum. Don't know why that surprises you :)

What medium is replacing discs in a few years?

I've had my share of problems but audio synchronization is not one of them.

Adbear
I don't need to tell Elby about these things, they already know about Blu-ray media having poor outer edges, what they need to do is get their algorithm working better so it makes the disc size smaller so it doesn't burn to the outer edges.

Well if that's the case tell them! Why argue with me? I can't fix it but they can. Since you know why you should at least let Elby know!! For now it's no secret those 2 hour + movies don't work properly no matter how you try and justify it. What about the B&W movie I mentioned? It's called notorious (1946 Hitchcock, Grant, Berman) and the failed log is here in this very thread. That's just how it is and I can bombard you with failed logs, screenshots the whole nine yards if you want proof. Please don't be offended. It's reality bro' and Elby knows it.

I have been writing films over 2 hours long, quite a few of them. So there you go someone has said so.

Yeah, with another program by your own admission.

Last edited:

It means a helluva lot to me and a lot of other folks, James. Certainly a well-needed breath of fresh air. Thanks for the update. Any clue to the release time line?

BDRB can do a hell of a lot more than just shrink to a BD25. The "normal" version is very powerfull, use a couple hidden switches in the ini file and it becomes even more powerful. One of those normal powerful features is that it can shrink a BD3D perfectly to a BD25 with no glitches in the video (using a method that does not rely on SSIF folder output), and the output is fully compliant with the BD standard making standalones capable of playing back the discs.

Also good to read you've got cinavia removal working internally, for me i prioritize on HD audio atm since my players don't detect it. If i eventually have to get one that does, well only then will i start to worry about lesser audio quality

BDRB can do a hell of a lot more than just shrink to a BD25. The "normal" version is very powerfull, use a couple hidden switches in the ini file and it becomes even more powerful. One of those normal powerful features is that it can shrink a BD3D perfectly to a BD25 with no glitches in the video (using a method that does not rely on SSIF folder output), and the output is fully compliant with the BD standard making standalones capable of playing back the discs.

Thanks for the info, hoping there isn't a steep learning curve :)

Just make sure u follow configuration instructions in the 1st post and use ONLY the helper tool versions listed there. If you do it right then all you have to do is click the 'backup' button and let it do it's thing.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Thanks for taking the time.....much obliged.
I assume it works with anyDVD HD and compresses the movie to fit a 25GB blank.

Just follow what Ch3vr0n suggested, and you'll be a-ok. I've used the program for the last 5 years, and it is Blu-ray disc compliant if you just want to reduce your ripped copy to a BD-25 disc, or even BD-50 as well.

Thanks for the info, hoping there isn't a steep learning curve :)

Pretty easy to learn, since I can tell you're not afraid to learn something new.

I admit I haven't done the other stuff that BD-Rebuilder does, like making MKV files, but that is because I'm not interested in that format just right now. I might do it in the near future, and at least I know what to use (or CloneBD also) to convert my Blu-ray discs into that format.

Good luck.

Adbear

Well if that's the case tell them! Why argue with me? I can't fix it but they can. Since you know why you should at least let Elby know!! For now it's no secret those 2 hour + movies don't work properly no matter how you try and justify it. What about the B&W movie I mentioned? It's called notorious (1946 Hitchcock, Grant, Berman) and the failed log is here in this very thread. That's just how it is and I can bombard you with failed logs, screenshots the whole nine yards if you want proof. Please don't be offended. It's reality bro' and Elby knows it.
Yes you could send me the logfiles, and all that will show is that for those discs it tries to write using 1.0.3.4 the size is smaller than the size of a BD-R if the part of the log you posted on here for Gran Torino is anything to go by and it fails to write when it gets to the outer edge of the disc.(the log for notorious is from an earlier version of CloneBD not 1.0.3.4 so you would need to post a new logfile to show what it's doing with that film in the latest version). As I've already explained many times that's not a failure of CloneBD per se as CloneBD has made a set of files small enough to legally fit onto a BD-R, but when writing your writer returns a write failure due to manufacturing defects on the outer edge. I have no need to tell "them" as you put it, they are already aware of these issues as they've tried to decrease the size of the output already. Unfortunately in doing so on some of my latest test shrinks they've gone too far.
What I find funny is that even though they have now made a disc size that is compliant with the size of your BD-R's and should write to the disc that you still blame Elby for the fact that the discs have manufacturing defects and that it's down to Elby to fix that, funny how none of the blame seems to be getting laid at the feet of the disc manufacturers for producing discs that can't actually be written to properly.

Yeah, with another program by your own admission.
Actually no, with CloneBD. In fact the problem I have at the moment with the latest build is that it's making disc too small. Just ran Interstellar through it which is 2 hours 49 mins and it comes out at 14GB when set to SL BD-R for output in either full disc mode or movie only mode. I'll be running through some more discs that are over 2 hours when I get into work later.

Last edited:
Actually no, with CloneBD. In fact the problem I have at the moment with the latest build is that it's making disc too small. Just ran Interstellar through it which is 2 hours 49 mins and it comes out at 14GB when set to SL BD-R for output in either full disc mode or movie only mode. I'll be running through some more discs that are over 2 hours when I get into work later.

Do you have a log file?
That shouldn't happen, 14GB is too far off.
CloneBD currently tries to reach roughly 22,5GiB (or 23,5GB). That allows for another GB+ of overhead and BDMV structure.
But file size estimation is tricky on BDs with too many audio formats with variable bitrate.

The upcoming version should allow to recompress audio to AC3 for those who don't give a damn whether the sound is "HD" (I personally couldn't tell the difference anyway). AC3 is CBR, so size estimates should be dead on, video quality better due to FAR less audio waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back