• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1. If doing a complete copy, the preview player isn't even shown.
Not trying to play down the detection (which is a great step/feature) but IMO detection is pretty pointless unless it can be done automatically in the background or during scanning/processing of the disc in CloneBD.
Some users don't even know what Cinavia is (until they get the message) so unless they use the preview player they are none the wiser.

If that's not possible, then at least it needs to be well documented during the CloneBD process that users need to playback in the preview player if they want to check for Cinavia.

Don't see why anyDVD can't report Cinavias there as it must be capable of detecting it. If not anyDVD, I left off the HD on purpose because it's now on ordinary DVD's so having cloneBD pointing out it's there without the preview, like it sometimes does when you're low on disc space, would be helpful but not for standard DVD's. The easiest way is just to look for the pink wave-like symbol on back of the box. Not sure if cloneBD will do standard DVD's but can't see any reason why not, except of course maybe, but not necessarily eliminating cloneDVD unless anyDVD has the cinavia detecting capability.

Don't see why anyDVD can't report Cinavias there as it must be capable of detecting it. If not anyDVD, I left off the HD on purpose because it's now on ordinary DVD's so having cloneBD pointing out it's there without the preview, like it sometimes does when you're low on disc space, would be helpful but not for standard DVD's. The easiest way is just to look for the pink wave-like symbol on back of the box. Not sure if cloneBD will do standard DVD's but can't see any reason why not, except of course maybe, but not necessarily eliminating cloneDVD unless anyDVD has the cinavia detecting capability.

There is no point in trying to remove Cinavia from DVDs. Any DVD player will play the copy and doesn't look for Cinavia, only Bluray players. There just is no reason to go through the effort. You can get a really good upconverting DVD player for $50.

To detect Cinavia the preview player in CloneBD is playing back/scanning the audio. It's detecting Cinavia on-the-fly. AnyDVD never touches audio because it has no need to. As it stands people pick the individual playlist to preview in the CloneBD preview player and then the detection occurs. Adding detection to AnyDVD would pose some problems, IMHO. I'm no programmer but there are some very clear implications. Detecting would involve AnyDVD having to scan through countless audio streams on the disc looking for Cinavia which might not even be present. How will it know which stream to check? So, they all will have to be scanned or at least until one stream is found that does contains Cinavia. All of this will increase the increase the size and complexity of AnyDVD, and further increase the time between inserting the disc to being available to the system on top of Slysoft having to to do quite a bit of work to add things to AnyDVD that simply don't already exist.

If detection were to be added to a backup program I'd say CloneDVD is the one to do it since it does already have a preview player. That being said, I don't know how much work it would take to put update or retrofit the detection system from CloneBD into CloneDVD or if it's even feasible.

Last edited:
How do you know which of the 4 main movies to choose? Doubt if all 4 work. cloneBD "default" not always the one to use. On Sherlock Holmes I watched one of the choices and Downey was commenting, knew right away that was the wrong one. So you have to be careful which one you choose, they are not always the same, probably there to confuse people.
I don't see the point of your question. He asked how to get to the player so I showed him how. Neither he nor I ever said anything about which was the correct playlist. Although on that film it did pick the correct playlist for me just like it does on all the other films I've tried.

On my copy or Sherlock Holmes it picks the playlist without the Guy Ritchie commentary scenes

Last edited:
To detect Cinavia the preview player in CloneBD is playing back/scanning the audio. It's detecting Cinavia on-the-fly. AnyDVD never touches audio because it has no need to. As it stands people pick the individual playlist to preview in the CloneBD preview player and then the detection occurs. Adding detection to AnyDVD would pose some problems, IMHO. I'm no programmer but there are some very clear implications. Detecting would involve AnyDVD having to scan through countless audio streams on the disc looking for Cinavia which might not even be present. How will it know which stream to check? So, they all will have to be scanned or at least until one stream is found that does contains Cinavia. All of this will increase the increase the size and complexity of AnyDVD, and further increase the time between inserting the disc to being available to the system on top of Slysoft having to to do quite a bit of work to add things to AnyDVD that simply don't already exist.

If detection were to be added to a backup program I'd say CloneDVD is the one to do it since it does already have a preview player. That being said, I don't know how much work it would take to put update or retrofit the detection system from CloneBD into CloneDVD or if it's even feasible.

My train of thought was since anyDVD HD is already capable of "preventing software from detecting cinavia" it just seems logical it may eventually be able to defeat the watermark or at least a starting point. It is the only program in existence now that works with both "writers" .

Slysoft having to to do quite a bit of work

No doubt it'll be a big undertaking regardless of how they approach it. Whatever decision is made probably won't be easy, but that's why they make the big bucks :)

I'm no programmer either but it seems to reason if a relatively easy solution existed they would have implemented it, since it's been talked about on the forum(s) since at least 2012. Maybe not a priority before but the time has come to deal with it as best they can, and I'm sure they will. Let's hope sooner than later.

So, they all will have to be scanned or at least until one stream is found that does contains Cinavia.

Quite right, but anyDVD already scans each disc. Slysoft has clearly stated cloneBD will remain a "clean" product, it's safe to assume cloneDVD will as well. What's left? Either some rework of anyDVD or another product devoted to entirely to cinavia and other similar roadblocks yet to appear.

We can talk about it till hell freezes over only time will tell, and I'm on board to wait it out. Only thing I would do until the big fix is notify prospective buyers of it's limitations. I truly believe most folks backup their movies to enjoy via a stand-alone player on their big screen TV. IMO, that's what makes it so important.

There is no point in trying to remove Cinavia from DVDs. Any DVD player will play the copy and doesn't look for Cinavia, only Bluray players. There just is no reason to go through the effort. You can get a really good upconverting DVD player for $50.

Yeah their inexpensive but try playing a backup of Ouija on a stand-alone DVD player and let me know if it works. There's an entire thread devoted to folks complaining about that. Unfortunately, it's already spread to standard DVD's.

Yeah their inexpensive but try playing a backup of Ouija on a stand-alone DVD player and let me know if it works. There's an entire thread devoted to folks complaining about that. Unfortunately, it's already spread to standard DVD's.

No, there's an entire thread about people playing their DVD on a Bluray player and Cinavia kicking in. There is not a single post about not being able to play the DVD on a DVD player.

No, there's an entire thread about people playing their DVD on a Bluray player and Cinavia kicking in. There is not a single post about not being able to play the DVD on a DVD player.

My mistake, but it really doesn't matter. You're off the subject, nit-picking and completely missing the point. Cinavia is embedded on Ouija DVD and may already be on others.

Really easy to find out. Go to your nearest rental or retail store, pick the DVD up and read the back of the box.

Who cares about DVD players, they're so outdated not even worth talking about, especially in a cloneBD forum, hence no posts cos they're totally irrelevant to that product. :agree:

not "may be on others". It already is, albeit in a very limited amount. Zoolander was the first DVD to carry cinavia (and as always, a sony release)

My mistake, but it really doesn't matter. You're off the subject, nit-picking and completely missing the point. Cinavia is embedded on Ouija DVD and may already be on others.

Really easy to find out. Go to your nearest rental or retail store, pick the DVD up and read the back of the box.

Who cares about DVD players, they're so outdated not even worth talking about, especially in a cloneBD forum, hence no posts cos they're totally irrelevant to that product. :agree:

So it has Cinavia, so what? If you play it on a DVD player IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE. A DVD with Cinavia should not cause anyone any concern at all. It would make no difference if Cinavia was on EVERY DVD. You are the one bringing up the DVD in the CloneBD section. How am I "off the subject and missing the point"? Do you somehow think that because you are playing a DVD with a Bluray player you are getting a better resolution than can be done with an upconverting DVD player?

Last edited:
not "may be on others". It already is, albeit in a very limited amount. Zoolander was the first DVD to carry cinavia (and as always, a sony release)

thanks for the clarification :clap:

So it has Cinavia, so what? If you play it on a DVD player IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE. A DVD with Cinavia should not cause anyone any concern at all. It would make no difference if Cinavia was on EVERY DVD. You are the one bringing up the DVD in the CloneBD section. How am I "off the subject and missing the point"? Do you somehow think that because you are playing a DVD with a Bluray player you are getting a better resolution than can be done with an upconverting DVD player?

Cinavia makes no difference and is of no concern.....
Rubbish
If you don't have anything constructive or intelligent to say, sometimes it's better left unsaid.

Last edited:
Compression

Hey Folks,

I've been having real issues with the compression of bluray media by cloneBD, latest release v.1033. Unlike standard DVD's, where it would compress every movie to make it fit on a single layer DVD, cloneBD is constantly now forcing me to use 50GB DL's even for a B&W movie from 1940's on bluray, movie only (log attached). It's less than 2 hours long. If I don't, I get a burn error, complete with ruined Bluray.

It appears the latest update isn't compressing properly, or is it designed that way? Could it be bluray movies don't compress as much as dvd's? Am I not doing something right? I check the audio core only option don't get the "not enough space" error message and end up with a coaster because "too much data"

Shouldn't cloneBD compress as much as needed to fit the 25GB SL blank media ala standard DVD's and leave it up to the user to decide if he/she wants to go the DL route? Waste of the more expensive DL's IMO. Anybody running into same? Log attached, end of transcoder part, it states.....

01:12:17.267 | DiscImage::Write sector 78
01:12:17.269 | Prepare failed with Error 145: Too much data for this mode
01:12:17.269 | Burn engine done - error: 145
01:12:17.269 | Burn failed with error 145
01:14:24.332 | Burn error
01:14:24.332 | Too much data for this mode
01:14:24.332 | Remove files...
01:14:27.083 | DONE.

That one happened with the b&w movie, audio core checked, no error, appeared in "green" on bar.

View attachment notorius-2.zip

Funny how people like to rip apart everything I say but when it comes to real help with a real problem, silence. Typical. Maybe a new thread will get somebody's attention that knows enough to help.

Last edited:
"Slider bar" purpose???

Strictly a guess but appears user has to move "slider" to make backup fit manually. With standard DVD's it was done for you. Attached you will see why I arrived at this conclusion. I hope it helps others with same problem, that is 2 hour movies yielding a burn failure" with anyDVD HD/cloneBD combo burning with default settings. (view attached snapshot).......with v.1033 get a burn failure after disc burns to edge, with v.1030 get burn error prior to the actual attempt, saving the media :)

I dunno if anyone else has had this problem. If so would be much obliged to hear what you did about it. 50BG DL blank media when not needed waste of money. Note transcoder log, can read it. Shows burn failure with both programs, in text format. 1 wastes blank 25GB blank media (1033), other does not (1030).
Thanks in advance......

2015-03-15_eagle eye - setup - failed x2.jpg
View attachment eagle-eye-2.zip
View attachment endofdays.zip

New upgrade being tested now (as of 3-16) by Elby will address this issue

Last edited:
Go back and read the post I was responding to. Drink Lye and Die said "I'm still scratching my head at people who didn't actually make full use of the trial before buying the software." I quoted and placed this in bold in my response. I am fully aware the watermark goes away when a license is purchased, but the fact that any backup made with the trial version will have this silly beaver watermark on it may explain why folks didn't make full use of the trial version, and was an attempt to answer his question. Quite frankly the low price these days of Verbatim 50GB DL blanks makes using any program other than AnyDvdHD and ImgBurn head scratching. I can make a perfect backup in less time than CloneBD takes to compress it and all for only $1.25 more per backup.

Where the heck are you getting Verb 50 GB DLs FOR $1.25 a piece? Cheapest I see is about $2.50 @ Newegg.

1.0.3.4 2015-03-19
- change: reduced the expected capacity for blu-ray media slightly
- change: sorting order of audio streams in file/device output
- change: optimize PMT (Program Map Table) generation
- change: added more attribute information to PSI (Program Stream Information) structures in m2ts
- fix: some partial copies would not play beyond the menu. Removing IM Sync type subpaths now to fix this.
- fix: check some out-of-memory conditions (fixes some crashes)
- fix: misidentified PIDs in PiP substreams, caused problems with subtitles on some discs
- minor fixes and improvements
- updated language

Guess the squeaky wheel does get the most grease :agree:
Then again what would I know

Still Nowhere near where it should be......

Another fail, another ruined blank. No choice but to go back to v1030 to prevent wasting of media.
This time Grand Turino (Clint Eastwood).

CloneBD seems to be getting worse instead of better, I don't understand. Won't put anything around 2 hours on a 25GB blank. Over and over.

00:00:00.000 | Commence transcoding
00:00:00.000 | Windows version: Windows 7 - 64 bit
00:00:00.000 | CPU : x64, pagesize: 4096, number of logical processors: 8, active processor mask: 00ff
00:00:00.000 | CloneBD version: 1.0.3.4
00:00:00.000 | Source path : G:/
00:00:00.000 | Disc label : GRAN TORINO
00:00:00.000 | Disc hash : 2ed66d85ded2ede80ceafd0e7c764107c21a96d6
00:00:00.000 | Conversion type: disc
00:00:00.000 | temp path : C:/Users/Denny/AppData/Local/Temp/Gran Torino
00:00:00.003 | file system: NTFS
00:00:00.003 | destination : drive
00:00:00.003 | Clip 4, duration: 01:56:34.779, total clip size: 22.55 GB (24214263426) --> then why doesn't it fit??
00:00:00.003 | Total output size (without overhead): 22.55 GB (24214263426)

---------------------------------------
640x360.jpg
01:19:50.666 | 122 - C:/Users/Denny/AppData/Local/Temp/Gran Torino/BDMV/MovieObject.bdmv
01:19:50.666 | 624 - C:/Users/Denny/AppData/Local/Temp/Gran Torino/BDMV/PLAYLIST/00100.mpls
01:19:50.666 | 170 - C:/Users/Denny/AppData/Local/Temp/Gran Torino/BDMV/PLAYLIST/00901.mpls
01:19:50.666 | 24892618752 - C:/Users/Denny/AppData/Local/Temp/Gran Torino/BDMV/STREAM/00004.m2ts
01:19:50.666 | 215040 - C:/Users/Denny/AppData/Local/Temp/Gran Torino/BDMV/STREAM/99001.m2ts

01:19:50.667 | Total size of generated files: 24894983929 bytes ---> and this is supposed to fit on a 25GB blank??
01:19:50.667 | ---------------------------------------
01:19:50.667 | -------------BURN TO DISC-----------
01:19:50.667 | Burn engine start
01:19:50.986 | Burn to drive: H:
01:19:50.986 | Medium: Writable Blu-ray Disc BD-R
01:19:50.986 | Space used: 0
01:19:50.986 | Space available: 25025314816
01:19:50.986 | Setting burn speed 26976
01:19:53.243 | Burn directory "C:\Users\Denny\AppData\Local\Temp\Gran Torino"
01:19:53.347 | Burning initiated
01:57:13.800 | Burn engine done - error: A write-error occured.
08:19:40.487 | Burn error
08:19:40.487 | A write-error occured.
08:19:40.487 | Remove files...
08:19:42.050 | DONE.
~
~

Wrote all the way to the edge of the blank then ran out of space.

Here's the anyDVD read from failed back-up when inserted back into drive after burn failure......
Summary for drive H: (AnyDVD HD 7.5.9.0, BDPHash.bin 15-02-23)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH14NS40 1.01 N1A12A1K9ED5F34053
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: BD-R
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 11826176 sectors (23098 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: GRAN TORINO
Media is not AACS protected.
Drive supports bus encryption!
Added speedmenu!
MFR: File 99001.m2ts is too big! Sectors available: 105, Sectors required: 168
ERROR: MFR failed for 99001.m2ts -> C:\Users\Denny\AppData\Local\Temp\AnyDVD_tmp\Any50A5.tmp!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

~
~
If anyDVD reports File99001.mts as being too big after the burn, why doesn't it catch it before the burn?? anyDVD says there's 23.1GB available so a failure is obviously gonna happen.
Even 24892618752 from cloneBD is way too close to 25GB and even I can see that is not gonna work. There appears to be a disconnect between anyDVD and cloneBD at the minimum.

what say you mmdavis? You like to criticize my observations...what do you think? Anybody else have a thought? There it is in black and white......

2015-03-21_Grand Torino failed disc in anyDVD.jpg
2015-03-21_GT-Fail screen.jpg
View attachment GRAN TORINO-fail.zip

Last edited:
2 things

why are you still using bd-r's? You've been advised to pick yourself up a bd-re to avoid wasting blanks.
Although the label is bd25, the max a disc can hold is 23.5gb for real. 23.1gb should fit just fine.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

I don't see a real problem. There was a write error to the outside edge of the disc so it failed. you can't then put that failed disc into the drive and expect a proper message back from AnyDVD HD as it then becomes a corrupt disc with incorrect data on it so the message inside AnyDVD HD is not necessarily correct.
As Ch3vr0n said SL BD-R's hold more than 23.18Gib (it's actually 23.3GiB not 23.5GiB) so the 23.18 should fit as long as your writer/discs don't have issues burning to the outer edge.

I think part of the problem with CloneBD is that if it fails to burn it stops immediately whereas something like Imgburn will re-try a few times and sometimes trying to burn again will work, although even if it works it does usually mean that the disc will degrade in that area fairly quickly over time.

I think BD Rebuilder gets round this by making it's default SL BD-R only 22.9GiB in size (although they tend to come out around 22.1) and therefore not burning right to the edge

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back