• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Audio Bug and a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepSpace

I already discovered the first issue month ago, but I think I never posted it (and it still exists). The second one is new, although I cannot say how long it might be there as I haven't checked this movie ever before.

When opening the documentary "Salzburg" (the second video in the log, 00:05:56.334), AS labels the audio being english, but it is german. The log says audio keys en, so I think they maybe mislabelled it.
When watching it, it is german as stated on the site and there is no option besides that. Please fix, if possible.

The other is a bit more tricky though (it is the third and last in the log, 00:06:39.885). "A Flying Princess and a Secret Island [OmU]" is labelled japanese and it is. However, AS shows an additional english audio track. I downloaded both and it appears to be the same. The only difference is the lower bitrate.

Can you tell me the issues in both cases?

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.1.0 Amz audio label and question.astlog
    485.5 KB · Views: 1
AS can't do anything about labeling. Salzburg is labeled now German (Austria). Complain to Amazon.

Boy - Salzburg says German (Austria). I just checked in both Amazon and AS.
Not for me. Just reopened them and I did reload the page in AS before I made my last comment.
Browser:
2023-02-18_220825.png 2023-02-18_220837.png

AS:
2023-02-18_220916.png

Switch to HVEC
Ahhh that is the issue. I haven't used HEVC till now, so of course you get something different than me. Now I also see it the way you can. Maybe the devs can find the issue/difference between the AVC and the HEVC playlists.

Boy -forget it. It's on the Amazon side. AS is just reading what they declare it and doesn't do any interpretation. Don't you get it?

difference between the AVC and the HEVC playlists
Indeed. Here a log with AS loading the AVC version first and then F5 the site to HEVC.
00:00:09.814 - [Debug] [download config prime] Audio keys:
00:00:09.815 - [Debug] [download config prime] en

00:00:45.328 - [Debug] [download config prime] Audio keys:
00:00:45.328 - [Debug] [download config prime] de-AT

Boy -forget it. It's on the Amazon side.
You might be right, but I do not know that. Only the devs (and maybe you as a mod) can see if AS made an issue or if Amz did it wrong. And I already knew before that it can be Amz's fault, as the providers screw things up here and there. But I will still post it since the first audio issue I quoted above and one sub issue I once saw was on AS. Also, I have no way to check it myself. Only the devs can see that.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.1.0 Augsburg EN AVC and GER HEVC.astlog
    496.9 KB · Views: 0
As you did you can check the log file. And then apply some logic.

And then apply some logic.
...that en and ger-at is the way it is written into the playlist/manifest, sure. But just in case it was AS that misunderstood something, I still posted it. Where is the issue with that?

I now see that you edited your post and added this sentence: (it wasn't there when I first opened it)
AS is just reading what they declare it and doesn't do any interpretation. Don't you get it?
Exactly that is the reason I post it. Maybe it can do some interpretation. I have no idea what the language codes are and how AS reads them, so I wrote it here in case they can do something. Especially for the japanese movie that has a second audio track within AS that isn't present on the site at all.
I never said it is an important issue or that it breaks the download. I just want to report it. So I don't understand why you seem so persistent to get it out of my head.

I can see that you don't care about this issue, and that is fine, but for me it appears that you just want me to drop it. So I thank you for the heads up with HEVC, because it would've taken a long time till I get this idea. But now please leave it to the devs to determine if there is an issue (with AS) or not.

I only edited typos.
You can believe me when I say it wasn't there. I don't grab something like this out of thin air or at least say that I think it was the case (when I cannot remember it correctly).
And RF1 himself once told me that he did a silent edit on something and I assume that you can do it as well, unless it is limited to Super Mods (RF1).
Don't play with me.
2023-02-18_233510.png

Okay, guys, if I talk to Pete I ll mention it, but in the meantime, I think watching the movie is still enjoyable. We all understand, and if anything needs to be changed he will make that decision. It seems good to me as is, but let's drop it now.

Go to a Carnival event in your region and post again when you wake up in the morning or afternoon. You are missing out and the forum will still be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back