• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyStream Pro licensing model

Do you plan to uplift the weekly limitation for downloads on the Pro version?
When it comes to downloading films, the limit at the moment is great, but when it comes to downloading series with 10 minutes episodes, it's very troublesome, it takes way to much time...

The roadmap is to add more providers from different regions, more content. I am looking forward to more European movies, yes with subs, but some of them are excellent. The basic version of Anystream will just have 3 providers, AP, Netflix, and Disney+.

I don't think that is specific enough in my opinion. As I mentioned, vagueness was fine when this was in the vein of free upgrades. But now that it is being charged for it should be outlined with far more detail so people know what they are buying. I mean if you were in the grocery store and saw a sign that said "more stuff - $50". Would you buy it?

Last edited:
I'm a lifetime owner of AnyStream and have all the providers that I need with AnyStream (BTW - seems to be the wrong name for this project given the announcement of AS Pro, IMO).

For me, the cost of the upgrade is steep and will need justification. So, I'll be staying with AnyStream for now given the unknowns for criteria such as:
- Will the original AS continue to get fixes, patches?
- Will the original AS continue to get new features such as a download manager and token counter, UHD (hopefully, eventually :D), etc..
- In the future, will new features be implemented only the AnyStream Pro platform?

I'm hopeful that this information will become clearer during the official announcement of AnyStream Pro or through future RedFox forum discussions so that I, and many others, can make an informed decision.

Thanks to the RedFox development team for all your fantastic work!

but when it comes to downloading series with 10 minutes episodes, it's very troublesome, it takes way to much time...
So it takes 2 days rather than 1? You do replenish at 40 tokens per day. And even with a series of 120 episodes, for example, when you get batch download, try 40 per day and be done with it. Perhaps you have a reason you need all of it at once.

So it takes 2 days rather than 1? You do replenish at 40 tokens per day. And even with a series of 120 episodes, for example, when you get batch download, try 40 per day and be done with it. Perhaps you have a reason you need all of it at once.

When token bucket is empty, it takes around 2.5d to full back up to 100. So yes, that's around 40/day

I'm hopeful that this information will become clearer during the official announcement of AnyStream Pro or through future RedFox forum discussions so that I, and many others, can make an informed decision.
The Pro version is not available for sale yet. I am sure the description of the program will include what you can get by upgrading. Thats all I can offer at tis moment.
Thanks to the RedFox development team for all your fantastic work!
Thank you.

No lifetime means lifetime, you will get everything for the rest of the software‘s life. You know I wouldn’t lie to you
We have known each other for over two decades now and I know you would never lie to me I have always trusted what you say and reguardless of my question I will upgrade to pro rather I use it or not for the simple fact I want to continue to support the project back in 2016 when things looked terrible and lots of us begged for the devs to keep on working and they did and now look where we are today I am truly greatful to them all.

We have known each other for over two decades now and I know you would never lie to me I have always trusted what you say and reguardless of my question I will upgrade to pro rather I use it or not for the simple fact I want to continue to support the project back in 2016 when things looked terrible and lots of us begged for the devs to keep on working and they did and now look where we are today I am truly greatful to them all.
Thank you my brother.

I have to admit I am leaning on my trust of Redfox on this one but I do trust them to do what is fair and what is right for the customer because historically this is what they have done. And that's not something I cannot say for any other company I purchase from.

Last edited:
I have to admit I am leaning on my trust of Redfox on this one but I do trust them to do what is fair and what is right for the customer because historically this is what they have done. And that's not something I can say for any other company I purchase from.
Everyone will see what the Pro version entails when it is released for sale, I am sure it will be explaining exactly what you can expect and what you can't. So just please have some patience and wait for the release. (No I do not know when)

What's a bit concerning is the existing product description directly makes a promise that more providers would be added to the product via the text "More streaming services will be added in the future."

Those that have purchased a license under that premise are now being told that new providers won't be added to the product that we have already purchased, and that you have to upgrade to the "Pro" version if you want them. Imagine buying the product last week, looking at the beta, and getting exited that Hulu was being added, all to find out that it's about to be stripped away and that RedFox wants another 50% premium for the channel. To me, that's pretty bad optics. It's your (RedFox's) product, so they can sell it however they please, but don't expect all of your customers to just STFU about it.

For reference, here is the relevant part of the existing description on the product page:
=============================
Supported Streaming Services

• Amazon Prime
  • Disney+
  • NetFlix
More streaming services will be added in the future. A list of candidates can be found in this forum post.

Availability of supported streaming services and their available video quality (480p/576p/SD, 720p/HD, 1080p/HD) could vary and depends on geo location, current encryption/decryption technology, and many other parameters.

gotta agree with vonb. it said 'providers' not 'provider'. tiny, but significant difference. also, i think a la carte option would be better. always is. whats with this weird reasoning 'well, it would be too difficult for the customers'? wait, what?? how difficult can it be, lol? go to your license page, select provider(s), select options (one month, 6 months, a year, lifetime, whatever), click checkout, enter payment info, open AS et voila. if so-called 'pro' had hbomax, paramount+, crackle, xfinity, spectrum, epix, discovery+, showtime, cinemax (all standalones, not via prime channels), and each cost 3-5$ a month, believe you me redfox could squeeze much more than 50$ from a cheap old fart like me. one month per provider, then come back when they add more content. a la carte is a missed opportunity imo. also, there couldve been a lifetime sub option for any of the providers offered via a la carte. one month 5$, lifetime 15$. for instance. these are my 2 cents. anyways, well see what comes of 'pro' when its released. dunno, maybe 50$ wont be as high as it seems right now, at least to me. maybe there will be 20 new providers available from the get-go. if that turns out to be the case, which i doubt, but lets say maybe it will... well... anywho, cheers!

maybe there will be 20 new providers available from the get-go.

There won't be. They've already said (I believe in this thread) that Hulu was added to the beta version in order to test it before adding it to the Pro version. Considering there haven't been any other services even tested in a beta format, I'm assuming Hulu will be it.

There won't be. They've already said (I believe in this thread) that Hulu was added to the beta version in order to test it before adding it to the Pro version. Considering there haven't been any other services even tested in a beta format, I'm assuming Hulu will be it.

But also not. I hope it's not just Hulu because then we might as well stick with the base until they add new ones to Pro. If they want this to work they need to entice people to switch to PRO right away. And to do that they need to launch it already with new providers.

They could also add new functionality like queues to enable entire seasons to be picked up. Such an option would more than entice me to upgrade.

Disney+ was added to the original program at no charge and will stay with the Basic version.

That doesn't mean anything, and it means even less to people that purchased the tool AFTER Disney+ was added. The product page lists AP, D+, and NF and still states more will be added to the base product.

What's next? "Pro Plus"? And then after that, "Pro Plus Max", and then "Pro Plus Max Extended", and so on?

Back