• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyStream Pro licensing model

did I do the right thing? Buying it now at 109 euros just and upgrade soon when it comes out?
You asked the same thing twice! You made the right choice - if you waited, it would have ben 109+60. Buy it now, Pro will be 109+36. At least according to what I read, so all of you who are sitting on the fence, get buying.

You asked the same thing twice! You made the right choice - if you waited, it would have ben 109+60. Buy it now, Pro will be 109+36. At least according to what I read, so all of you who are sitting on the fence, get buying.
I wish we could buy it now HAMsmoke.:sneaky:

I'm not the least bit interested in Hulu but I'll be supporting the project from the get-go in the hopes of seeing some of the providers I've already suggested.

Yes. I will probably do so eventually in the hope that a major anime provider gets added down the track. Hulu is not really worth the effort to get around payment georestrictions for me at the moment (given its quality limitations and the equivalent Hulu content available on Disney and Prime, with Prime delivering in 1080p), so I am happy with the big three apart from wanting access to more anime.

I'd like to second this concern. If the point of the tokens is to fly under the radar of a provider, it should be via per-provider buckets, not a single bucket. If I exhaust my tokens on a tv show on Hulu, why should I not be able to download a movie from NFX or AMZ while I wait for Hulu tokens to recharge?
EDIT: On topic, I'm in for a Pro license to continue with Hulu as is (great for tv shows) and whatever the future brings.

You are assuming that each provider can have its own quota, but this might not be possible if they share 3rd party CDN servers (I'm guessing).

No each provider will not have its own quota. As far as I know.

I trust Redfox that they will always find ways around new roadblocks and don't want to sound too negative, but yes....buy AS as soon as you can and upgrade when the upgrade is available.
Use the time inbetween to download as much as you like and can because like I said, there may be roadblocks ahead preventing the download of certain things in the future that are available now.

So is there any way to, like, get an email notification or something when the Pro version comes out? (Preferably without getting emails for anything else, I am very protective of my email inbox!)

I find myself checking here every few days because I'm worried I'll miss out on the intro sale, but it's very much not a good use of my time!

So is there any way to, like, get an email notification or something when the Pro version comes out? (Preferably without getting emails for anything else, I am very protective of my email inbox!)

I find myself checking here every few days because I'm worried I'll miss out on the intro sale, but it's very much not a good use of my time!
The forum is the place to check but you may get an update notice in the program, I really am not sure.

"Feel free to blame us for being greedy, feedback welcome."
I totally agree with this statement! Why call this program AnyStream with only 3 providers! What good is paying for a lifetime license? It took me months to even be able to purchase AnyStream!
Is it now being abandoned for the Pro version (no more providers)? I don't remember any mention of the sales pitch for AnyStream mentioning that it will support only 3 providers then you have to pay again for a another version! Are there going to be any more upgrades or improvements for Anystream users or was the Lifetime license just a wast of money? This is my feedback, this really sucks!

"Feel free to blame us for being greedy, feedback welcome."
I totally agree with this statement! Why call this program AnyStream with only 3 providers! What good is paying for a lifetime license? It took me months to even be able to purchase AnyStream!
Is it now being abandoned for the Pro version (no more providers)? I don't remember any mention of the sales pitch for AnyStream mentioning that it will support only 3 providers then you have to pay again for a another version! Are there going to be any more upgrades or improvements for Anystream users or was the Lifetime license just a wast of money? This is my feedback, this really sucks!
If you update to Pro you will get a 40% discount because you are an existing customer. But you have to update within the first 28. days after the pros released. You can also stay with the basic version that includes three largest providers in the streaming community. So you have a choice.

Will the Pro license removes the "Rate limit reached!!" restriction and allows for batch or entire season download? The only workaround for the "Rate limit reached" is to buy another AS license. When you download very old TV shows (Twilight Zone), tokens used up so quick as each episode is short & small (480p). Thanks.

Last edited:
No, the pro license is (at this time) merely for access to additional providers.

I can't wait for official launch.
I have been a supporter of RedFox since day one (and for Slysoft and Elaborate Bytes), and I bought a many Lifetime licenses. Money well spend.
The developers will deliver at the end of the day.

If there are those who might still be on the fence to buy the basic now and upgrade to the later version later, AND, if you happen to be an HBO Max subscriber, then my adivice is to buy the Basic license now (Lifetime works best) and then grab the BETA version available on the forum and start downloading from HBO Max. There is a bunch of classic movies which will be disappearing at the end of August.
Note that there are still a couple of bugs with the beta version (there is a reason it is BETA), but if you grin and bear, then you can get what you want.

I am happy to pay for a pro version to keep development going. My only ask is the ability to queue more than one download at a time. It doesn't need to be an entire season (because they very in quantity) but maybe up to 10 or something like that.

Jeff

Batch download is in development (for tv series only)
It would be nice (for me, at least) if you could specify a delay between recordings in batch mode.
For example, delay an hour between completing a download and starting the next in the batch...

Back