• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyStream Pro licensing model

You buy a product based on what's stated on the PRODUCT page, not what functionality is available in a beta version. The product page only mentions AMZ,NF and D+. There is no disappointing if they can't access hulu later.

You buy a product based on what's stated on the PRODUCT page, not what functionality is available in a beta version. The product page only mentions AMZ,NF and D+. There is no disappointing if they can't access hulu later.

Yes, but there is also written:
More streaming services will be added in the future. A list of candidates can be found in this forum post.

I can understand the disappointment ... but ... the discussion here becomes a bit hair splitting - I will wait, what will come and hope for the promised special offer for standard version users ... and I also hope that the fuctionality only differs in the number of providers and not in features like e.g. 1080p for Disney+ or multi-language support.

Yes, but there is also written:
More streaming services will be added in the future. A list of candidates can be found in this forum post.

I can understand the disappointment ... but ... the discussion here becomes a bit hair splitting - I will wait, what will come and hope for the promised special offer for standard version users ... and I also hope that the fuctionality only differs in the number of providers and not in features like e.g. 1080p for Disney+ or multi-language support.

And they have, product page initially only stated AMZ and NF. It didn't mention D+ at all.

And they have, product page initially only stated AMZ and NF. It didn't mention D+ at all.

This is what I meant with 'hair splitting'.
Please allow me to say it more precisely: At least, when I bought AnyStream around 2 weeks ago the product page was exactly as it is today, so at least I can be dissappointed.

and I also hope that the fuctionality only differs in the number of providers and not in features like e.g. 1080p for Disney+ or multi-language support.
There we go - trying to impose our will on the developer's again. How about I say I hope the money I spend on Pro does not trickle into AnyStream Basic? Does that sound reasonable to you? Why don't people look at the whole thing as supporting a project. Those who want to support it should be the beneficiaries of new providers, features, etc. And those who don't want to support "the project" simply have what they already have. And here is another question - IF they decided to keep Hulu as part of AnyStream Basic, would that quiet the masses about "more streaming services will be added in the future"? BTW - these comments do not necessarily reflect how I feel. I think the developers and management of the AnyStream project can do as they please. And I will support the continued development project.

I think the developers and management of the AnyStream project can do as they please. And I will support the continued development project.

I agree, but I do not think that expressing wishes and hopes is imposing - or I understand the function of this forum in a wrong way.
This is, why I support redfox: they listen to customers‘ wishes.

Last edited:
I agree, but I do not think that expressing wishes and hopes is imposing - or I understand the function of this forum in a wrong way.
This is, why I support redfox: they listen to customers‘ wishes.
If we had to implement every wish of every customer it would take years for the developers to.even implement half of them. You must understand that developers are human beings also and have to get paid for the work.If you want these extra providers and other things we have to make changes in the way licensing is done. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. I know you will love the new Pro version. Thanks again

Last edited:
It's neither dismissive nor condescending, but yes it is impossible to know for NEW customers that D+ didn't come with the initial releases unless they check the provider request sticky. Why don't we all stop worrying about what was and will be, until the PRO version actually gets released for sale.

If we had to implement every wish of every customer it would take years for the developers to.even implement half of them. You must understand that developers are human beings also and have to get paid for the work.If do you want these extra providers and other things we have to make changes in the way licensing is done. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding.

All of this is clear.
1. Listening does not mean complying.
2. I am not a fool - it is clear that developers have to be paid. But when I buy a software with life time update with the clear promise to deliver more providers in the future and one week later (!) I get the news that I have to pay for it, it should be at least allowed that I feel a kind of disappointed.

Let us wait for the final announcement and then it is on everyone to decide, if he will upgrade or not ...

All of this is clear.
1. Listening does not mean complying.
2. I am not a fool - it is clear that developers have to be paid. But when I buy a software with life time update with the clear promise to deliver more providers in the future and one week later (!) I get the news that I have to pay for it, it should be at least allowed that I feel a kind of disappointed.

Let us wait for the final announcement and then it is on everyone to decide, if he will upgrade or not ...
Yes, of course, it is always the customer's decision, I certainly respect you as a customer of Redfox and never would think you were foolish, we value our customers. Thank you again for your valuable input. I am sincerely sorry for your disappointment.

it should be at least allowed that I feel a kind of disappointed.
Sure - you can feel disappointed. But when you see a reasonable discount because you already "own" it and compare that to the price of Pro to those who have sat on the fence about buying AnyStream, maybe the disappointment will ease. I saw how people reacted on the forum when Amazon went down - no one was patient. People were spitting doomsday scenarios about the end of AnyStream. Could perhaps that become truth in the future if development slows to a crawl? Have it take weeks or months to fix DRM issues rather than days? Then we can all be disappointed.

In my opinion, we all just need to chill a bit and see what comes of Pro.

We are jumping the gun and complaining about something that does not exist yet. I am guilty as well.

The bottom line is that Redfox has always done right by us. We have no evidence to believe that would change.

Let's just wait and see and we can go from there. I am sure we will be satisfied.

In my opinion, we all just need to chill a bit and see what comes of Pro.

We are jumping the gun and complaining about something that does not exist yet. I am guilty as well.

The bottom line is that Redfox has always done right by us. We have no evidence to believe that would change.

Let's just wait and see and we can go from there. I am sure we will be satisfied.

Agree 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So..If you own the lifetime licence, being the grand daddy of them all, if you want to benefit of more providers you need to upgrade again? (n)

So basically for the people who've got lifetime licences for Any Streamer and AnyDVD like myself, if we want the pro features we already paid for we've got to buy it again? Not a good business plan.

Why not let the ones who own the lifetime licences have the free upgrade at least.

Last edited:
So..If you own the lifetime licence, being the grand daddy of them all if you want to benefit of more providers you need to upgrade again? (n)
The upgrade to pro is not available yet, but yes, once you buy the Pro Version, lifetime, you will have access to everything the program has to offer. I believe there will be one-year licenses also.

The upgrade to pro is not available yet, but yes, once you buy the Pro Version, lifetime, you will have access to everything the program has to offer. I believe there will be one-year licenses also.
So what's the current lifetime license apply too? What makes the pro license more better than the lifetime licence?

So... If I understand correctly. When you launch the Pro model of this subscription, is that replacing the lifetime licence that's currently available to buy? And if so, how does that effect me and others? So effectively, if I wanted to use Any Streamer to its full I would need to buy a pro license then that would make the licence I bought awhile back defunct and unusable? I personally think if this is the case you'll end up with a lot disgruntled customers who own the lifetime licence.

So... If I understand correctly. When you launch the Pro model of this subscription, is that replacing the lifetime licence that's currently available to buy? And if so, how does that effect me and others? So effectively, if I wanted to use Any Streamer to its full I would need to buy a pro license then that would make the licence I bought awhile back defunct and unusable? I personally think if this is the case you'll end up with a lot disgruntled customers who own the lifetime licence.
You will be able to upgrade for 60Euros more, but since you bought the original basic version you will get a nice discount. If you never bought it before you will pay about 169Euros. We also give 20% discount a few times a year.

Back