• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Please Read AnyStream beta 1.5.2.9 for Mac OS X

On an Intel Mac and I've only tried HBO, but it always slows WAY down at 17% of downloading.

I've also tried using my registration file that I used on my Windows box to register. It tells me to restart but never sticks. Don't know if this is on purpose.

On an Intel Mac and I've only tried HBO, but it always slows WAY down at 17% of downloading.

I've also tried using my registration file that I used on my Windows box to register. It tells me to restart but never sticks. Don't know if this is on purpose.
slowing down, could be from a number of unrelated issues, as long as you have an AnyStream license, do not worry about the registration.

So the AnyStream beta experience has been a fun one; there is something wrong with the keyboard & text input, Copy & paste in the Mac or Win key combos are NOT working for me at all. Also, when rendering the page for Amz prime it will say I have entered the wrong password despite the fact I entered the password correct.
That is the bad news; good news is; I DID get AnyStream to run in crossover. You HAVE to use the 32 bit app, Install it into a Win 7x86 bottle & for sure MS core fonts MSXML 3.0,4.0 SP3 & 6.0 SP2, The app will run, log into Amz Prime for sure, & it will spit out video in crossover 22.x Hopefully the mac beta will get the show stopping issues ironed out with new betas quickly. I hope this info helps & your milage may very on the info above.

Attachments

• crossover.jpg
    crossover.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 3
slowing down, could be from a number of unrelated issues,
I have installed the AnyStream for Mac on 3 separate Mac's now (Intel Mac min, Intel Mac Air & M1 iMac) and they all (appear to) download slower than the Windows version running on Crossover on those same Macs. I will keep playing to see if I can find out why.

edit: downloading just fine now; no clue why or what changed.

Last edited:
I looked for the message again in console.app.
I wrote it out to a file.
Those console files only contain gibberish, nothing useful.
Please try to open AnyStream from a terminal:
/Applications/AnyStream.app/Contents/MacOS/AnyStream
and see what the output is on the terminal (If you see nothing at all, just do it once more).

I am assuming that the code for this app is unsigned because this is a beta.
No, it's unsigned, because we're likely never going to be able to sign.
Since Apple can revoke your developer "privileges" more or less on a whim.
Just see how they disallowed Epic Games from creating software for Apple devices - google it and enjoy. And now think about how well a software like ours is going to fare.
Just keep in mind, that when you pay roughly double the price for Apple hardware, than you would for a regular comparable PC, you also don't really own the thing, Apple dictates what is officially going to run on it. It's not between you and the software manufacturers, as it should be.
Yes, I'm exaggerating a little (only a little), but I'd like to get the point across, that Apple is pure evil.

When I ran it, the second time I "⌘ opened", "Run" appeared (only unsigned mesage on first launch)
It should be "Control-click", not "Command-click", right?

Did you check whether you have set "unlimited" download speed in the settings?
I experience no slowdown, it's actually downloading impressively fast.

That's a bug - the software fails to overwrite your trial license file, the fix will be in the next version.
For now, simple workaround:

delete the file ~/Library/Preferences/RedFox/AnyStream.lic

Then, run AnyStream and activate your license file.

Please check out version 1.5.3.1. Keyboard issues should be fixed.

Installed 1.5.3.1 and lost my edited movie/TV file name templates.

edit: Can confirm copy/paste works (only tried on Netflix though).

Hi folks! I love the new MacOS version, it's gonna save me sooooo much futzing around with VMs and Bootcamp! Thank you so much!

However, I just wanted to make you aware that I ran into an issue yesterday with the Downloadables button not appearing when attempting to download a movie from Amazon Prime.

It turned out that the fix was to set the Amazon provider's codec to HEVC, which I was able to successfully do on the Windows version. So with that I got my movie, no further problem, all good.

In the process of doing so though, it became apparent that the MacOS beta version wasn't behaving the same as the Windows version. On the MacOS version, the Downloadables button would not appear even after I'd set the codec to HEVC. I also noticed that after I had changed the codec, the MacOS version would sometimes crash on exit.

@RedFox1 asked me to report this feedback here, and now I've done so :)

If you'd like more detail, the whole not-very-pretty story unfolds here.

It turned out that the fix was to set the Amazon provider's codec to HEVC, which I was able to successfully do on the Windows version. So with that I got my movie, no further problem, all good.

In the process of doing so though, it became apparent that the MacOS beta version wasn't behaving the same as the Windows version. On the MacOS version, the Downloadables button would not appear even after I'd set the codec to HEVC. I also noticed that after I had changed the codec, the MacOS version would sometimes crash on exit.
That is a pure coincidence.
The HEVC setting in absolutely no way plays into whether you see the downloads button or not. Up to that point it's not even taken into consideration.
Probably a refresh of the page would have done the trick.

That is a pure coincidence.
The HEVC setting in absolutely no way plays into whether you see the downloads button or not. Up to that point it's not even taken into consideration.
Probably a refresh of the page would have done the trick.

Thanks Pete.

I'm sure you know a lot more than me about how it works! I can only report what I saw/am seeing.

From my perspective, I'm happy enough to fall back and keep using the windows version for now to grab my stuff.

But for what it's worth, I still can't see the downloads button on the Mac beta version for that movie, regardless of how many page refreshes I do.

And the crashes on exit are also objectively problematic.

Like I said, it's not so much a problem for me. I'm just giving feedback in an attempt to help out.

Even version 1.5.3.1 does not launch the app....
I updated to macOS 13.3.1 (a) and rebooted at the same time and it works.

MacBook Pro (16Inch, 2023)
macOS 13.3.1 (a)
AnyStream 1.5.3.1 (64 bit)

Also, if the specified license file is deleted when the application starts, the application will not start.
Do I need to retain the selected license file?

I updated to macOS 13.3.1 (a) and rebooted at the same time and it works.

MacBook Pro (16Inch, 2023)
macOS 13.3.1 (a)
AnyStream 1.5.3.1 (64 bit)

Also, if the specified license file is deleted when the application starts, the application will not start.
Do I need to retain the selected license file?
you should always retain your license file

I was wondering I am running anystream mac 1.5.3.1 it seems that the app has a memory leak does the newer betas have that on the M1 anystream is consuming 5.79 GB yesterday it has been at 2.3 GB. At launch it was using 202 MB; Or is this normal to have this much memory consumption?

Back