• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Green "Downloadables" button not appearing with Amazon Prime

hauntedrows

Hi there, I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me.

I'm currently attempting to use AnyStream Plus v1.5.2.9 to download a movie off Amazon Prime.

However the Green "Downloadables" button never appears. I can watch the movie through my browser without any issue, but AnyStream seems to be getting an error whilst processing the page, silently failing, then (to add insult to injury) removing the "Watch Now" button from the page. The progress bar does appear for a few seconds when the page gets processed.

Although I'm currently using the new Mac AnyStream binary, I've also tried this on Windows 10 with the same result.

My log file is attached. Salient part of the trace would appear to be the parts highlighted in red:
If anyone has any clues, I'd appreciate some insights on what is going wrong here, and how I can work around it.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.2.9.astlog
    170.3 KB · Views: 3
The devs have to look at this, but the watch now button us supposed to get removed.

Don't think it is a network error on your side as it tells server replied.

Change your codec to HEVC Setting/ Provider. Never use the Watch now button in AnyStream. It is a downloader not a place to watch movies.

First of all, thanks for responding guys, I appreciate the help!

So I've gone into my AnyStream preferences and changed the Codec for the Amazon provider to HEVC, as you indicated.

However, the behavior is unchanged, and the log window is still showing the same errors occurring.

Any further suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 10.04.52 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 10.04.52 pm.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
What codec did you have it on before you changed it to HEVC and did you press the Okay button to close out settings? Try VCBR/ and then press the OK button to close out settings. If that doesn't fix it, you may have to try another film, that film may not be available to download. Make sure the movie you want to download is not a movie for sale or rent.

That show has to be purchased and it seems you haven't done so. I cannot speak for your region.

2 2.jpg

It was on AVC CVBR before I changed it to HEVC. And yes, I did press the Okay button to close out settings.

I've now tried all 3 settings (AVC CBR, AVC CVBR, and HEVC), without success on any of them. All 3 are producing the same errors in the log window.

The movie in question is in fact a movie for sale that's been folded into my Amazon Prime list. I'm not sure why this makes a difference, could you perhaps explain?

I have successfully used AnyStream in the past to download movies for sale in this way without any issue, and had no idea this wasn't supported.

Sorry, my reply posted before I saw your previous post. I have purchased the movie in question.

For the avoidance of any doubt, this is what I see from my browser.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 11.11.12 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 11.11.12 pm.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Try a different movie, or try that one again later, make sure you refresh the page when you load it into AnyStream. I have never encountered this in Windows, but others have, and changing the codec always fixed it in Windows, the Apple OSX OS is still in beta, and I cannot help you there. Post in the correct thread and the developer may be able to help you.

This gives me a hint of what the issue is.
00:02:48.301 - [Debug] [vendor:prime] Begin harvesting ASIN codes.
00:02:48.310 - [Debug] [vendor:prime] No ASIN codes on page.
00:02:48.352 - [Debug] [vendor:prime] No available titles on this page.

I just realized that Amazon changed something in their codecs. This is only applicable on new movies.
1. When using the HEVC codec on the new movies it may not work.
2. You must change the codec to CVBR or CBR.
3. Close AnyStream - Important
4 Open AnyStream - Important.
5 Download the movie.

@hauntedrows - Change your codec to CBVR, close AnyStream and reopen. Let me know if this is successful.

Hi RedFox 1. Thanks for the suggestions.

Unfortunately despite following your steps closely, the same thing is still happening. I will boot over into Windows and try the same thing there as well.

RedFox 1,

Booted over to Windows. The codec there was set on CVBR, and had been failing. Tried it again to be sure, it was still failing.

I then switched the codec to HEVC, closed and restarted the application, and voila, it worked!

It seems like there might perhaps be some kind of glitch in the MacOS version, because it was definitely still failing even with the codec set to HEVC.

Anyway, the movie's downloading now, I'm happy. And next time something like this happens, I'll know to experiment with switching the codec.

Many thanks for your help. Definitely couldn't have done it without you!

I'll just report back one other thing that might be of use. After changing the codec on MacOS, I found that when I shut the application down, it would sometimes crash. Guessing this may have some bearing on the matter.

I'll just report back one other thing that might be of use. After changing the codec on MacOS, I found that when I shut the application down, it would sometimes crash. Guessing this may have some bearing on the matter.
Please post this in the MacOS thread.

Back