• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Please Read AnyStream beta 1.5.2.9 for Mac OS X

Still no joy whereas the Mouse and Mr Max are concerned.
Attached is a logfile created directly after the failed login attempts.
I see the error, but can't figure out the reason.
If possible, can you do a login procedure on Windows and also send a log file? It might help, if I can compare your failed log to a working one.

It works on my Intel Mac, but I can't get it to start on my M2 Mac.
Other Intel apps are running, so Rosetta seems to be installed.

I found the message in console.app.
I hope this will be helpful.
It's unlikely to be an M2 issue. Rosetta really works great, it's good stuff.
The messages you saw on the console are also probably not the cause - if anything they may have been caused by the original error.
Was that the entire console output? (That would mean, AnyStream didn't get very far at all).
XPC is used for inter-process communication. AnyStream itself does not use that, but the embedded Chromium browser probably does.
So that would mean, that the browser at least attempted to start.

Did you get the initial setup dialog (the wizard, where you select the language and the providers you want to use)?

EDIT: you wrote "I found the message in console.app". So I am assuming, you launched the application from the console, right?
Anyway - generally, if you want to see console output, launch it from the console, using

/Applications/AnyStream.app/Contents/MacOS/AnyStream

(that is assuming you installed it into /Applications)

Last edited:
I see the error, but can't figure out the reason.
If possible, can you do a login procedure on Windows and also send a log file? It might help, if I can compare your failed log to a working one.
Will do. Back later -ish.

Will do. Back later -ish.
This is later and well, this isn't going all that well.
The closest thing to Windows I have available is an emulated instance of Win 11 (ARM) running under Parallels on an M1 Mac Mini.
It has previously worked/played really well with Anystream but...
I installed the latest Windows version of Anystream and it crashed on first sight...so to speak.
Then I managed-with some sleight of hand- to close the Max Tab and then it didn't crash, it just turned unresponsive.

On next attempt it crashes momentarily, even the error dialogue is sort of really unresponsive.
Only thing I got out of this are a bunch of crash dumps. Interested?

Did you get the initial setup dialog (the wizard, where you select the language and the providers you want to use)?
I started it by double-clicking the /Applications/AnyStream icon.
Can not be displayed.
The app bounces a few times on the Dock and ends.

I looked for the message again in console.app.
I wrote it out to a file.

Attachments

• console.txt
    13.1 KB · Views: 3
This is later and well, this isn't going all that well.
The closest thing to Windows I have available is an emulated instance of Win 11 (ARM) running under Parallels on an M1 Mac Mini.
It has previously worked/played really well with Anystream but...
I installed the latest Windows version of Anystream and it crashed on first sight...so to speak.
Then I managed-with some sleight of hand- to close the Max Tab and then it didn't crash, it just turned unresponsive.

On next attempt it crashes momentarily, even the error dialogue is sort of really unresponsive.
Only thing I got out of this are a bunch of crash dumps. Interested?
Well a bit more later and after a lot of updates to the virtual Windows 11 installation Anystream starts without an instant crash.
Thing is that now I can log into Max but the Mouse login issue still remains. Addendum: Now the MacOS version behaves the same still no Mouse but Max.
See attached logfile for more info.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.2.5.astlog
    292.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Absolutely wonderful! Tested on my M1Pro laptop and working great - have logged into all available services successfully and downloaded files. Definitely notice the slight differences in text formatting but that's not really a big issue at all. I did notice that even after importing my license I still see the warning about features available during trial that won't be when the trial expires... do I need a separate license for the Mac version? Or is that a bug?

either way - loving not having to run Parallels just to grab a file...!! Thanks to all the devs who are working on this!

I started it by double-clicking the /Applications/AnyStream icon.
Can not be displayed.
The app bounces a few times on the Dock and ends.

I looked for the message again in console.app.
I wrote it out to a file.
Can you please tell me your version of Mac OS X?

I did notice that even after importing my license I still see the warning about features available during trial that won't be when the trial expires... do I need a separate license for the Mac version? Or is that a bug?
Most likely a bug. Does the about box actually display your license?

EDIT.... : how did you actually import the license?

Last edited:
ell a bit more later and after a lot of updates to the virtual Windows 11 installation Anystream starts without an instant crash.
Thing is that now I can log into Max but the Mouse login issue still remains. Addendum: Now the MacOS version behaves the same still no Mouse but Max.
Ok, don't bother, if I had known, that it's that much trouble, I wouldn't have asked.
I thought, since you're a member here, you already had a working Windows version.

Now - I would suggest, at least as a test, that you change your Disney password, so that it only contains 7-bit ASCII codes.
As a rule, I'd actually always refrain from using characters outside that range for passwords, because their encoding is, even in times when Unicode is a very old and wide-spread idea, often system dependent.

From what I see, when playing around with Disney, they in particular seem to have messed this up.
When logging in from the browser, they send the credentials without a given encoding and seem to use the system code page (which can be one of dozens of different encodings), but don't include the information which one it is. AnyStream uses UTF8 which is the recommended standard when sending JSON.
That said, I was able to logon with both a local code page, as well as when using UTF8 and the only explanation I have for that, is that Disney's servers seem to work around their faulty implementation by trying a number of code pages.

But still - those characters seem like a probable cause.

Well a bit more later and after a lot of updates to the virtual Windows 11 installation Anystream starts without an instant crash.
It turns out that someone I know had changed a password without telling...an error of sorts but not related to Anystream.
Max though all of a sudden works with the same password I tried yesterday, odd.

Ok, don't bother, if I had known, that it's that much trouble, I wouldn't have asked.
I thought, since you're a member here, you already had a working Windows version.

Now - I would suggest, at least as a test, that you change your Disney password, so that it only contains 7-bit ASCII codes.
As a rule, I'd actually always refrain from using characters outside that range for passwords, because their encoding is, even in times when Unicode is a very old and wide-spread idea, often system dependent.

From what I see, when playing around with Disney, they in particular seem to have messed this up.
When logging in from the browser, they send the credentials without a given encoding and seem to use the system code page (which can be one of dozens of different encodings), but don't include the information which one it is. AnyStream uses UTF8 which is the recommended standard when sending JSON.
That said, I was able to logon with both a local code page, as well as when using UTF8 and the only explanation I have for that, is that Disney's servers seem to work around their faulty implementation by trying a number of code pages.

But still - those characters seem like a probable cause.
See this post for an explanation...to at least the mouse-service issue. It wasn't an error, more like a communications f-up. Sorry to have wasted your time.

Can you please tell me your version of Mac OS X?
macOS Ventura 13.3.1
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2023)

dumb question, but you have already "⌘ opened" it (needed first time only as it's unsigned)?
Now supports "unsigned" applications.
When I ran it, the second time I "⌘ opened", "Run" appeared (only unsigned mesage on first launch)

Sorry about the arm thing. Was mixing as up with anydvd for a second

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks for the AnyStream Beta on MacOS! I am assuming that the code for this app is unsigned because this is a beta. That is not an uncommon practice; So yes you will need to let the app through on gatekeeper before it is able to run. I will 2nd the copy & paste feature. It currently does not work for Amzn Prime, typing in managed passwords is a challenge. For those who do want to run AnyStream the windows version it is very runnable in a VM I have not tested it in crossover or playon but I am guessing it will run. If you are going to go down the crossover or VM route I would recommend that you use the 32-bit version in a win 7 32 bit bottle (x86) to aid in compatibility on the crossover route install in the same bottle .NET framework 2-4.5 as well as both the legacy & modern versions of directX, MS core fonts MSXML 3.0,4.0 SP3 & 6.0 SP2. These are sub structure programs that contain API programs may depend on. I would also install a chromium based browser in the same bottle to help with web rendering. You could also install it into a win 10 32 bit (x86) bottle as well. Hope this info helps; I have extensive knowledge of crossover so if you need help with it give me a shout.

It doesn't work in crossover for the latest anystream builds. Hence the native Linux and macos versions.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Back