• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Please Read AnyStream beta 1.5.2.9 for Mac OS X

Pete

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
A version of AnyStream for Apple users is finally available:

Edit: Please download current release here: https://www.redfox.bz/download.html

It has been tested on Monterey (12) and Ventura (13), but should also run on earlier versions.
It is natively built for the Intel/AMD x64 instruction set and also runs fine on the M1/M2 emulation layer (Rosetta).

The application will run straight from the dmg container, but should ideally be copied to your /Applications folder.

Your feedback is welcome!

A note for those who aren't familiar with how to run "unsigned" applications on a Mac. Open the DMG container. Drag into the application folder to install it. In the application folder, hold control and click the Anystream icon. Select open and when asked, tell it to open. You only have to do that once. From then on you can open AnyStream as usual through the Launchpad)
(thanks, SamuriHL, for that info)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love you guys! Works excellent!!! Really nice job!

One (small) request if it's possible. Paste into the browser windows for each service (command v) would be nice. I use a pwd mgr and typing in my pwd's by hand sucks. LOL That's my ONLY feedback, however.

This....is....AWESOME!!!

P.S. A note for those who aren't familiar with how to run "unsigned" applications on a Mac. Open the DMG container. Drag into the application folder to install it. In the application folder, hold control and click the Anystream icon. Select open and when asked, tell it to open. You only have to do that once.

Max OS X v1.5.2.9 has a higher version number than Windows v1.5.2.5. Does this mean it has additional features or bug fixes?

No it means they used the same base as the Linux version which had some fixed applied.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Pete! Unfortunately, I'm on a truly ancient version of OS X (10.9 Mavericks) where this unsurprisingly doesn't work. I'll continue using AnyStream in a VM though!

Exactly, if you took a look at the linux thread the past couple of days, you could see the version number go up from .6 to .9.

Exactly, if you took a look at the linux thread the past couple of days, you could see the version number go up from .6 to .9.
Checking that thread now does show higher version numbers. It wasn't in the title and I don't use Linux so I figured their version was the same.

One (small) request if it's possible. Paste into the browser windows for each service (command v) would be nice. I use a pwd mgr and typing in my pwd's by hand sucks. LOL That's my ONLY feedback, however.
I was able to ⌘V my email and password for Disney+ (not possible for AP and Netflix).

Minor layout issue on selecting resolution (AP, Net, D+)
Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 11.58.34.png

Looking excellent though!!!
Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 12.02.10.png
[edit: replaced downloading screen with random D+ to show all 3 working for me]

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 12.01.15.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 12.01.15.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
update:
I aborted the D+ episode (I really wasn't interested in that episode) and downloading is now* crawling, 1% every 30 secs or so).
My Internet speed is still OK (max is 70mbps).

Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 12.05.50.png
I aborted the other downloads, restarted the app, restarted the AP download and it was back to normal speed for 10% and then went back to a crawl

I am now running my Windows version (with Crossover). I started it whilst the Mac version was at 11%.Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 12.13.12.png

The Windows version finished downloading with the Mac version still at 17%.
Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 12.14.56.png

[edit: typo*]

Last edited:
Yes, right, will do - the special Mac keys need special treatment, the command key was an oversight.

P.S. A note for those who aren't familiar with how to run "unsigned" applications on a Mac. Open the DMG container. Drag into the application folder to install it. In the application folder, hold control and click the Anystream icon. Select open and when asked, tell it to open. You only have to do that once.
Thanks, yes, sorry, that should go right up there into the announcement post, and I will simply copy&paste your instructions.
Oddly, though: I tested this on a freshly bought Macbook and at first it would run the application without any complaint directly out of the Application folder (which is why I totally forgot about those extra steps for unsigned applications).
It seems to only require this, when the application is actually downloaded from the Internet, not when it is copied over a shared LAN folder.

Minor layout issue on selecting resolution (AP, Net, D+)
Yes, there are a few UI oddities - so far only cosmetic and without any real usability consequence. Seems, that text dimensions are not calculated correctly.

Yes, right, will do - the special Mac keys need special treatment, the command key was an oversight.

Thanks!!

It seems to only require this, when the application is actually downloaded from the Internet, not when it is copied over a shared LAN folder.
Oh weird. I didn't know that. Yeah I downloaded it and ran it from the dmg at first just to test it and had to open it the special way. Then I had to do it again after installing it into the application folder from the dmg. Mac is odd. Lol

update:
I aborted the D+ episode (I really wasn't interested in that episode) and downloading is now* crawling, 1% every 30 secs or so).
My Internet speed is still OK (max is 70mbps).

[...]

The Windows version finished downloading with the Mac version still at 17%.
I restarted my Mac and all seems good :cool:

So far so good.. this new mac version is working great! I did get a crashreport on exit.. would you all like a copy of it?

I can't say I saw this one coming, either. Bloody brilliant, anyway.
A bit like Cristmas...we've must have been transferred from the naughty list to the nice list. First a Linux version and now this, a MacOs version.
What will they think of next?

Last edited:
First issue encountered.

I can't login to and obviously not use
Disney+ and HBOMax
I've tried and and tested and both work in an ordinary browser. The first one's password have few umlauts in it but the second one has none.

I was able to log in to HBO Max no problem. I didn't do Disney+ yet but I did Hulu, Paramount+, Amazon, Netflix, and HBO Max without issue. Just took a while to type in my pwd's. LOL

Back