• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd (RedFox) and UHD/AACS 2.0 - There is hope

Any news on AACS 2.0? Have anyone from the Redfox team looked at it, or has it been worked on at all, and if so, does it just like hopeless?

When there's major news like that would be, you can be damn sure they'll post about it. As stated several times now, due to the lack of official documentation the whole AACS 2.0 encryption needs to be reverse engineerd. That alone can take months if not longer, if even at all. When that's done, only then can they even begin to add support. Don't hold your breath for a solution any time soon.

Was considering buying a copy of AnyDVD, but I think it's a bit expensive if I will only be able to cover the BD'es I already have with it.

Was considering buying a copy of AnyDVD, but I think it's a bit expensive if I will only be able to cover the BD'es I already have with it.
AnyDVD's wonderful (and unique) Blu-ray subtitle handling is worth the price alone. ;)
It does a better job than the (pretty good) Panasonic DMP-UB900 player for much less.

What subtitle handling? Yeah, and I know for what piece of engineering it is it is worth the price, but it really depends on the consumer. I don't but a pickup truck to get to work in city. And since you are in the Redfox Development Team I suppose you could actually have answered some of the questions I asked but still didn't.

What subtitle handling? Yeah, and I know for what piece of engineering it is it is worth the price, but it really depends on the consumer. I don't but a pickup truck to get to work in city. And since you are in the Redfox Development Team I suppose you could actually have answered some of the questions I asked but still didn't.
Real time positioning and alpha blending.
And no, there are no news, as answered.

Real time positioning? Like somewhere else then the bottom of the screen? And I don't know what alpha blending is supposed to be.

bottom or top (based upon screen edge), Go to anydvd's "Video Blu-ray" settings and submenu "Subtitles" tick the checkbox for "Blu-ray subtitle processing", and tinker away. NOTE: that if you have that setting enabled during RIPPING the repositioning will be present in the rip as well. I think by alpha blending james means subtitle transparancy.

Well I purchased a copy, really hope to see AACS 2.0 and UHD Blu-Ray broken next :D

If you will broke aacs 2.0 what kind of Bluray drive will I need anyway ? A bd-xl drive ? or any bd drive out there will be ok ? I need to get one for my laptop and I'd like to get one ready for when you'll do the trick.

It will be one that supports AACS 2.0, which at the moment none of them do

No PC blu-ray drive handles AACS 1.0, it's handled in software, not in hardware on computers.

No PC blu-ray drive handles AACS 1.0, it's handled in software, not in hardware on computers.
If that was the case then why would @James have put in the ability to see what AACS version your drive can handle, and why would the drive even have the ability built in if it wasn't used?

Last edited:
On the status screen for the drive, but you have to have a disc in the drive for it to be able to see it

AACS is handled by the drive. It needs to authenticate with the discs aacs encryption. If it wasn't handled by the drives then standalones wouldn't read any blu-ray and james wouldn't been able to list the AACS version in the anydvd status window.

Seems like having a Kaby Lake processor will be the basis to access 4k on pc since they decide to put the technology to handle drm inside the new Intels cpus.

I will get the Kaby Lake, but does this mean it's the end to breaking DRM? When everything is hardware embedded?

I think it will be very hard to break drm this time (hope to be wrong).
I'm also very angry since I recently bought a new laptop with hdmi 2.0/hdcp 2.2, nvidia pascal gpu to decode hevc 10 bit but with intel Skylake cpu so I'm already busted -__-
I think I'm gonna give up on 4k... at least until the fox guys achieves the magic :)

What do you mean already busted? Isn't that what you need to play 4k?

Back