• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd (RedFox) and UHD/AACS 2.0 - There is hope

You talking about this?
Code:
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/11/netflix-4k-streaming-pc-kaby-lake-cpu-windows-10-edge-browser/

That has nothing to do with UHD/AACS 2.0. Microsoft uses PlayReady DRM technology to secure the connection. Think of it like the HDMI handshake between devices. It's a hardware based DRM and processors older than kaby lake simply don't have it embedded. No more, no less.

I doubt that but we'll see. The first UHD capable optical drive has yet to appear

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

LG is the only vendor that has PC drives compatible with BD-Rom 4.0. My LG BH16NS55 should be just fine!

bdspecs8bkne.jpg

you're wrong. The NS55 only supports AACS 1.0 and UHD requires 2.0 support. That was proven a while back on these forums. There currently are NO DRIVES AT ALL from any vendor that support 2.0. The article states 4.0 PC APPLICATION, not 4.0 Drive license

Look again at the picture, last line. My LG drive is able to read UHD Discs (BD Rom 4.0) already

well, no. Feel free to do a forum search on your drive model. Forum history sais otherwise. The drive SEES the content yes, but it can't decrypt it due to AACS mismatch. It sees the files, but the buck stops there. That drive can NOT decrypt UHD

It can't decrypt it because there's no software able to decrypt UHD discs. How do we know what will happen once Cyberlink releases PowerDVD 17?

no, it can't decrypt because it lacks the AACS certification. As i stated earlier. UHD standard REQUIRES AACS 2.0 on the disc, the drive can only authenticate itself with AACS 1.0. What will happen with PDVD 17? Nothing unless you have a drive that supports AACS 2.0. However IF and when 17 is released, the anydvd developers can start to reverse engineer it if they want to start adding UHD support to AnyDVD

I still don't get this: AACS on the PC Drive is hardware or software? A firmware upgrade could be enough, right?

pretty sure it's hardware based. Otherwise it would be very easy to crack. It's the same thing with standalone players. They have their own embedded AACS keys.

Cyberlink just officially announced that will release a bd-uhd powerdvd in early 2017, finally… .

You will need a kaby lake Intel cpu and windows 10 to allow pc playback of 4k as Microsoft has an update to protect hdmi 2.0 and any os program from capturing the 4k with its drm features. I'm sure kaby lake cpu keeps it's data encrypted during calulations in the cpu registers so no debugger can spy on its assembly commands to isolate the key crypto to reverse enginner drm protection. This is what I've read so far on 4k coming to a pc soon. I'm sure someone will find a way using a virtual machine to break thru.

You will need a kaby lake Intel cpu and windows 10 to allow pc playback of 4k as Microsoft has an update to protect hdmi 2.0 and any os program from capturing the 4k with its drm features. I'm sure kaby lake cpu keeps it's data encrypted during calulations in the cpu registers so no debugger can spy on its assembly commands to isolate the key crypto to reverse enginner drm protection. This is what I've read so far on 4k coming to a pc soon. I'm sure someone will find a way using a virtual machine to break thru.
I presume that by 4k you actually mean protected BD UHD disks.

Non protected 4k video streams/files play fine on any PC with enough umph to do it.

And if that's the case surely Cyberlink will sold very few copies of the new Powerdvd ...; really difficult to believe all this.

Back