• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd (RedFox) and UHD/AACS 2.0 - There is hope

Why not go all the way and just watch VHS. Lol.
Sure..... Remember those Disney movies as they came out every 8 years on vhs and we're collector items. Just in time to start streaking and showing lines from the stretched tape. Good old days with the penis in the castle on the cover of the little mermaid. LOL

Sure..... Remember those Disney movies as they came out every 8 years on vhs and we're collector items. Just in time to start streaking and showing lines from the stretched tape. Good old days with the penis in the castle on the cover of the little mermaid. LOL

it was a simpler time :LOL:

Hello dear all.

I'm a newbie and have some doubts about UHD/AACS 2.0.

1) Do you have the opportunity to see how does it work some UHD discs / Content already? If you do, the protection is much more robust than "normal" blu-ray discs?

2) Does it possible AACS 2.0 decryption be strong like Denuvo Anti-Tamper ( used for for games discs / content )? Or be "adapted" from games content to "fit" into movies and videos material as movies, for example?

---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denuvo

I said that because Denuvo Anti-Tamper is a very strong protection on the market. Until now nobody could crack it properly. And I fear that if big companies could put this protection ( or similar ones ) into 4K Blu-ray UHD discs in such a way that nobody or just a few team could properly crack it.

3) In your opinion, encryption / security systems could improve at one point that it will be impossible to crack it in a near future? Or always will be possible to reverse engineering it?

Thanks.

Best regards.

If it's as strong nobody knows, simply due to the lack of official documentation on it. That alone makes it strong. Likely not ever going to get adapted to video, the bd-standard and aacs-la create their own protections. Anything that is designed by someone can be cracked by someone else, the question is how and when.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

If it's as strong nobody knows, simply due to the lack of official documentation on it. That alone makes it strong. Likely not ever going to get adapted to video, the bd-standard and aacs-la create their own protections. Anything that is designed by someone can be cracked by someone else, the question is how and when.

Do you ever feel like a broken record answering the same questions over and over again?

You do a nice Job here on the forum thank you.

Regards,

BRCS(y)

Sometimes yes, but what do you do when the search isn't used :-D

All the theorising around AACS 2.0 is fine but just like every other form of encryption, once you have a key and can map the logic used by the key, it can be broken. The challenge for the guys at RedFox is to get a player, a 4K disk and deconstruct the firmware code on the player. I have an optical disk copy of Deadpool which is 4K. I have an LG WH16NS40 internal SATA drive which can read the disk but of course cannot play the movie because of AACS 2.0
I want to copy the movie file to a NAS server for storage and play back on a Dune 4K media player over a home ethernet. This is not about piracy, it is about convenience and I am not a fan of busting decryption so that movies can be streamed free to anyone. But equally I dont care if others want to do this.
I hope the RedFox guys give this a priority and I will happily purchase another licence just as I did when AnyDVD became RedFox. They have a right to earn a living from being good at doing this stuff. If they want a donation I am happy to help. I hope others will start think the same way and offer to help instead of whinging because they cant get something for nothing or thought the Redfox team should have started up again just for the love of it and lived off zero income.
RedFox team...you have a big supporter... go for it guys you are legends.

Has anyone heard anything new for this topic?

Also, I've been trying to find out if there is a UHD bluray drive and software player that supports the new discs??

No on all parts of that reply. Nothing new, no uhd pc drive and no software player.

Just remember " If it can be played, it can be backed up" , we have the best developers in the world, if its possible and I am sure it is, they will do it. I am not promising anything, but don't be surprised if RedFox has the solution.

Just remember " If it can be played, it can be backed up" , we have the best developers in the world, if its possible and I am sure it is, they will do it. I am not promising anything, but don't be surprised if RedFox has the solution.
(y)

:coolman::coolman:

Uhd sounds great but man it's going to gobble hard drive space...lol

I'm wondering if this device would help with the process.

https://www.hdfury.com/shop/videoprocessors/linker-4k60-444-600mhz/

It says one of the device's features is:

Display HDCP 2.2 Content with Non-HDCP2.2 Compliant Devices

HDCP 2.2 is the new copy-protection scheme for 4K UHD content. Not only it is not backward compatible but many recent 4K devices don’t even support it.
Source devices, including media servers and head-ends like Netflix, will encode their 4K content with this new scheme. TVs must be HDCP 2.2-enabled to play it, and everything in the video chain including switches and receivers must be compliant as well, or the display will go dark and/or display a HDCP error message.
Bad news for consumers who have purchased expensive, high-bandwidth, processor-rich switchers, receivers and displays to accommodate 4K. While the newer products may support the bandwidth needs of 4K, they won’t play copy-protected works until HDfury Linker is an active part of the setup.

If it could send the information to a non HDCP2.2 device, wouldn't that mean that the disk had been decrypted?

it won't as that only removes the hdcp flag, it doesn't help with the actual discs AACS 2.0

No it doesn't mean the disc itself is decrypted. It's possible to capture the decrypted stream as long as you have a capture card capable of capturing UHD, but you lose the HDR part as having to capture into a different format and then convert that file into something usable

Back