• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.1.8.2 beta

No AnyDvd was open and the attachment should with this post.

Attachments

• Time doubled when transcoding when AI canner on.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 12
No AnyDvd was open and the attachment should with this post.

1. Anydvd needs to be disabled, otherwise the .ifos are modified and useless.

2. You must select the .ifos from the original dvd.

3. Now that you now how the create a .zip file and upload attachments, please do what is asked: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=330
and follow the instructions step by step this time

I don't want the Anydvd status screen zipped. Zip the .ifos on the original disc with Anydvd disabled.

I read the directions and seeing it so late I will do it when i get home tomorrow. Okay?

I read the directions and seeing it so late I will do it when i get home tomorrow. Okay?

Yes
Thank you very much :agree:

Maybe by then James won't need them anyway. Have to wait to see what he says.

Last edited:
The scanner scans the disc as it is inserted. What a stand alone dvd player would see and play is what will happen to your PC dvd drive so end results mean a playable playback of you backup There really isn't a simplest answer here as this answer still leaves questions. Oh and less updates needed per title too.

i get it now thanks to that and samurai's answer. cheers.

Yes
Thank you very much :agree:

Maybe by then James won't need them anyway. Have to wait to see what he says.

Actually, nevermind. I'm told whatever problem you claim to be having, it's not related to the scanner.

I backed up R1 "Evan Almighty." Per my usual practice, I use AnyDVD to examine whether there is any protection beyond invalid VOBUs, and if not, I disable/unload AnyDVD and just use DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0, which still works great on these titles that only have invalid VOBUs. In this case, that's all it had and I used DVDD to back it up.

However, I saw the release of the beta and after using 6.1.7.4 to see that it only had invalid VOBUs, I installed 6.1.8.2 beta (right over top of 6.1.7.4) to see if that version provided the same analysis. To my surprise, it now appeared that there was no protection (other than region code and CSS) at all! I experimented with the 6.1.8.2 AI settings and found the following:

1. With the AI on default setting - analysis doesn't show invalid VOBUs
2. With the AI disabled - analysis now shows that the title has invalid VOBUs
3. With the AI on deep scan - analysis again doesn't show invalid VOBUs

Is this the desired behavior? Is the AI patching the invalid VOBUs (in memory) before providing the results of the analysis? It seems like it would be better to let the user know what protections AnyDVD/AI found and will be removing...

fordman

Last edited:
Is anyone else getting "Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!" for every disc?

Is anyone else getting "Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!" for every disc?
Not every disc, only those where the .bup file location is indeed wrong (does not correspond with the pointers in the .ifo files).
Yes, I was amazed myself how many discs have useless .bup files recorded.

Actually, nevermind. I'm told whatever problem you claim to be having, it's not related to the scanner.

Webslinger, were you addressing my problem with the above post? I am sorry about not being able to create a .zip. But, my claim was real. I followed your advise and transcoded with 6.1.7.4 and the time dropped in half, I also reinstalled 6.1.8.2 (Beta) and turned off the scanner as you suggested and the transcoding time dropped in half. If it not the AI Scanner slowing down the transcoding , what is?

Last edited:
Webslinger, were you addressing my problem with the above post? I am sorry about not being able to create a .zip. But, my claim was real. I followed your advise and transcoded with 6.1.7.4 and the time dropped in half, I also reinstalled 6.1.8.2 (Beta) and turned off the scanner as you suggested and the transcoding time dropped in half. If it not the AI Scanner slowing down the transcoding , what is?
Try checking your UDMA Mode, it might have slipped into PIO.:agree:

http://www.cdrlabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7625

But I seriously doubt that's the issue. This one makes NO sense at all. In the case of that disc, the AI Scanner wouldn't be doing anything at all. Literally.

I did as the instructions told me and they read DMA enabled, in fact it said current setting Ultra DMA enabled. Don't get me wrong I think this AI Scanner is great, it is just slow when transcoding with CloneDvd2. Turn it off and the time is cut in half. I know the problem is real and I know there must be answer. I am just trying to get help. Maybe it is CloneDvd, I doubt it, it something with the scanner or my settings, if no one else is having the same problem. Maybe they are just happy it works again, I am too. :)

I don't have that movie to test with, but, I've run a bunch of discs through the scanner just to play with it and I can tell you not one of them slowed anything down at all. Protected discs, unprotected discs...they all worked fine. I'd like to see someone else that has that disc test it out and see if they get the same results.

I don't have that movie to test with, but, I've run a bunch of discs through the scanner just to play with it and I can tell you not one of them slowed anything down at all. Protected discs, unprotected discs...they all worked fine. I'd like to see someone else that has that disc test it out and see if they get the same results.

Actually the movie isn't that great, I use SATA burners and IDE burners and seeing I have (9) other burners I will switch it out. Maybe the Scanner does not like the burner I am using as the reader, OPTIARC DVD RW AD-7170S 1.02. I just bought Evan Almighty, I will try that movie first, before changing hardware. Thanks for trying to help me. :bowdown:

Back