• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.1.8.2 beta

Actually the movie isn't that great, I use SATA burners and IDE burners and seeing I have (9) other burners I will switch it out. Maybe the Scanner does not like the burner I and using as the reader, OPTIARC DVD RW AD-7170S 1.02. I just bought Evan Almighty, I will try that movie first, before changing hardware. Thanks for teying to help me. :bowdown:

Let us know what you find.

Let us know what you find.

Well that was quick, it is the movie. It transcoded Evan Almighty in 8 minutes with no compression and AI Scanner on. The "Movie Only" is 1hr 35 minutes. The other movie 28 Weeks Later required a 7% compression and is 2 hrs+ "Movie Only". Seeing we have the option to turn the AI Scanner off and on, this will work for me. Iam not going to try and figure out the math, all I know is I am happy. :D

There was allot of unknown on 28 weeks as it took me a while too to rip.

Charlie, I am so glad I am not going crazy. I have no idea about the unknowns in 28 weeks, I do know if you want to rip it fast turn off the scanner. Maybe James had this in the back of his mind when he created the new version enabling us to turn it on and off, maybe some movie do not require the scanner, like 28 weeks. I am in the USCG SAR and my time is limited, so speed is important to me and the people in the water. :)

THere really isn't anything special on this title but thought you'd rest better knowing someone had this same issue with the same title. Speed isn't important to me but quality is.

THere really isn't anything special on this title but thought you'd rest better knowing someone had this same issue with the same title. Speed isn't important to me but quality is.

For the peace of mind, I thank you!

You noticed a difference in the amount of time spent ripping/compressing with the scanner disabled and with it active? That's the claim here.

Last edited:
I didn't try. I am one of quality over speed. I think it has to do more with the actual data on the disc to make it rip a bit longer. Nothing like his though I usually get rips within 17-20 minutes this one took 25 for me. but these things don't bother me till it is like 30+ minutes then a complaint is needed. So this is really what I meant to say instead of unknown. What I mean depending on the data and the amount of it sometimes rips will be a bit longer and it was only this title. Even, surf's up took about 14 minutes each. AI Scanner normal or default that is. DNC ripped 28 weeks with anydvd in 17 minutes so it has to be the way clonedvd goes about processing well any ripper for that matter to be honest as all rippers takes different routes to do its job. So all is well.

I didn't try. I am one of quality over speed. I think it has to do more with the actual data on the disc to make it rip a bit longer. Nothing like his though I usually get rips within 17-20 minutes this one took 25 for me. but these things don't bother me till it is like 30+ minutes then a complaint is needed. So this is really what I meant to say instead of unknown. What I mean depending on the data and the amount of it sometimes rips will be a bit longer and it was only this title. Even, surf's up took about 14 minutes each. AI Scanner normal or default that is. DNC ripped 28 weeks with anydvd in 17 minutes so it has to be the way clonedvd goes about processing well any ripper for that matter to be honest as all rippers takes different routes to do its job. So all is well.

Ok, but you're not actually confirming tmckin1211's claim. You need to notice a difference between the amount of time spent ripping/compressing with the scanner disabled and when it's enabled. And I've been told quite explicitly that if there is a difference it has nothing to do with the A.I. scanner.

Last edited:
With the scanner on, use the AnyDVD Ripper and see how long that takes. Then rip it again with the Ripper with the scanner disabled.

Ah I see sorry. will do things better next time. I just assumed it was the ripper as other programs to a while and some didn't even though I had AI Scanner on.

Ok, but you're not actually confirming tmckin1211's claim. You need to notice a difference between the amount of time spent ripping/compressing with the scanner disabled and when it's enabled. And I've been told quite explicitly that if there is a difference it has nothing to do with the A.I. scanner.

I truly believe the problem has been resolved in Charlie's earlier post. No one is blaming AI, it was the movie I was copying. I had AI on and transcoded Evans Almighty in 10 minutes. As far as my claim, let's just leave it at it took longer because of the compression and that movie. I know what my results were by turning it off and on, this doesn't mean anything except to me. I think James did a great service to all AnyDvd users, no question there. :D

I truly believe the problem has been resolved in Charlie's earlier post.

It hasn't--as he didn't test the difference in the amount of time it took to rip and compress to dvd-5 (a single layer disc) with the scanner enabled and when it's disabled with the same disc. I've been told there should be no difference with this disc when the scanner is enabled or when it's disabled. If there is an issue, it's not related to the scanner, but it would be interesting if someone can corroborate your results.

As far as my claim, let's just leave it at it took longer because of the compression and that movie.

I fail to see how. You used the exact same disc--and the only difference, you stated, was that you either enabled the scanner or disabled it (or used 6.1.7.4, which would be similar to disabling the A.I).

But if you're happy, then so am I.

Last edited:
I truly believe the problem has been resolved in Charlie's earlier post. No one is blaming AI, it was the movie I was copying. I had AI on and transcoded Evans Almighty in 10 minutes. As far as my claim, let's just leave it at it took longer because of the compression and that movie. I know what my results were by turning it off and on, this doesn't mean anything except to me. I think James did a great service to all AnyDvd users, no question there. :D

I should of tested further and didn't with AI off. I did rip with various programs though leading me to believe it is the was the way a particular program handles titles and not the AI Scanner. I am not stating it is CloneDVD is at fault or nothing as this isn't the case. Before I respond next time I will test it as needed.

Webslinger, I see where you announced a new version 6.1.8.4 has been released and as soon as I saw it I downloaded it. :)

I understand were you coming from concerning Charlie's post, but it only confirmed that this movie took longer to transcode and compress than others that we have done in the past. No finger pointing was intended on my part, I thought it was the AI and I quess I was wrong. I would never try and compare my knowledge on AnyDvd or CloneDvd against yours, James or any members. I have read many posts were you and others have helped members with their problems, for this we are grateful. I will in future keep my problems and opinions to myself so not to add any confusion to issues being discussed. I will continue to read the posts and learn from others on how to deal with any problems that I come across.

I would like to thank you and the others for your suggestions and input.

Long Live AnyDvd and the forum!!!!!!!!!!

Webslinger, I see where you announced a new version 6.1.8.4 has been released and as soon as I saw it I downloaded it. :)

I understand were you coming from concerning Charlie's post, but it only confirmed that this movie took longer to transcode and compress than others that we have done in the past. No finger pointing was intended on my part, I thought it was the AI and I quess I was wrong. I would never try and compare my knowledge on AnyDvd or CloneDvd against yours, James or any members. I have read many posts were you and others have helped members with their problems, for this we are grateful. I will in future keep my problems and opinions to myself so not to add any confusion to issues being discussed. I will continue to read the posts and learn from others on how to deal with any problems that I come across.

I would like to thank you and the others for your suggestions and input.

Long Live AnyDvd and the forum!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no if indeed you do see a difference with AI on and then off then we would like to know. I will confirm by both ways next time as well.

Back