• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.1.8.2 beta

Has anyone had a problem with excessive times when transcoding? I am using CloneDVD and the new Beta seems to have double my times. I might have my settings wrong but I left them on default. I was copying 28 Weeks Later and it took 27 minutes to transcode the "Move Only".

If you're compressing, I'm not sure why that would be considered excessive. Time taken depends on the amount of video data you're compressing as well.

How long does it take with Anydvd 6.1.7.4?

I could be wrong, but I doubt this is an Anydvd issue.

Last edited:
If you're compressing, I'm not sure why that would be considered excessive.

How long does it take with Anydvd 6.1.7.4?

Good point, I will switch back to 6.1.7.4 and try again. I'll be back soon! :)

Good point, I will switch back to 6.1.7.4 and try again. I'll be back soon! :)

You will need to fully uninstall 6.1.8.2, and then install 6.1.7.4. Keep your license key safely backed up.

You will need to fully uninstall 6.1.8.2, and then install 6.1.7.4. Keep your license key safely backed up.

Or click the red fox icon on your toolbar under "Video dvd"-->"settings"-->"A.I. scanner", select "Disabled". Click "ok".

Remember that after testing you should click the red fox icon on your toolbar again. Click the "default" button. Click "ok".

I uninstalled 6.1.8.2 and it transcoded in 12 minutes at 7% compression "Movie Only".

1. O.k., can you provide an Anydvd status window with 6.1.8.2 with the A.I. scanner on default--and also now with Anydvd 6.1.7.4 please?

2. Please post the .ifos: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=330

James may want the Anydvd logs or the Clonedvd logs, but I'll wait for him to ask.

I am going to go back to Beta version and diable the AI scanner and try again. I not sure how to post status windows. Where do I find this information or window?

I am going to go back to Beta version and diable the AI scanner and try again. I not sure how to post status windows. Where do I find this information or window?

Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd. In the window below the drive letter (just right click in the window and choose "select all" and then "copy"), copy and paste (right click, select "paste") the information into your next reply on these forums.

Please do this 1) with Anydvd 6.1.7.4 and 2) with Anydvd 6.1.8.2 with the A.I. scanner set to default.

Last edited:
I just completed trancoding with the AI sanner diabled and it transcoded in 10 minutes at 7% compression. Do you still what me to try and post or did diabling the AI Scanner answer the question?

I just completed trancoding with the AI sanner diabled and it transcoded in 10 minutes at 7% compression. Do you still what me to try and post or did diabling the AI Scanner answer the question?

Yes

1. O.k., can you provide an Anydvd status window with 6.1.8.2 with the A.I. scanner on default--and also with the A.I. scanner disabled please? Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd. In the window below the drive letter (just right click in the window and choose "select all" and then "copy"), copy and paste (right click, select "paste") the information into your next reply on these forums.

2. Please post the .ifos: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=330

James may want the Anydvd logs or the Clonedvd logs, but I'll wait for him to ask.

Thanks

Last edited:
6.1.8.2 AI Enabled

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.2)
OPTIARC DVD RW AD-7170S 1.02 JUN21,2007
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2044064 sectors (3992 MBytes)
Total size: 4088113 sectors (7984 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: 28_WEEKS_LATER_4X3
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed RCE protection!
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

6.1.8.2 AI scanner diabled

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.2)
OPTIARC DVD RW AD-7170S 1.02 JUN21,2007
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2044064 sectors (3992 MBytes)
Total size: 4088113 sectors (7984 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: 28_WEEKS_LATER_4X3
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed RCE protection!
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Maybe I am not seeing it, but I do not see an difference. All I know with AI on it doubles the time.

Last edited:
O.k., thank you. Now please post the .ifos:
click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=330

And then we'll see what James has/wants to say.

I'd offer advice concerning when and when not to use the scanner (now that you've made me aware of this time to transcode/rip issue), but I'm not sure that James would like that, so . . . I think it's best to wait to see what James has to say.

Last edited:
Well you got me there, how do I zip a post?

Try Winrar's free trial: click http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar371.exe

Just highlight/select all the .ifos-->right click-->"add to archive"-->select "zip" for "archive format". Select "best" for compression method. You will have to select an appropriate file name and ensure the .zip is being saved where you can find the file easily. Then click "ok".

Do this with Anydvd disabled.

Last edited:
I upload the zip file and I can't find it. Where do the uploads go? Also the post was 81 not 50.

Last edited:
Back