• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.1.8.2 beta

Thank you Webslinger, But its like getting a new car and letting it sit in the driveway.:D

well, just know that some issues with RipGuard titles have been found. I'm going to assume they're working on it. For now, if you run into a RipGuard protected disc that you have problems with, you can always disable the AI Scanner for that one disc to use the old heuristics engine. I don't necessarily think that using this version is a bad idea, but, just understand that you may encounter problems with it as it IS a beta. This particular issue has a workaround until the next beta release comes out.

Ok thank you both for the info. I don’t mind trying it out. Ill just burn to a DVD+RW for now. To help see how it works.

I suggest to use DVD+RW's to test the scanner and what works best and stick with it but note some titles seem to not work with some settings but this is dependant of the spftware used to rip I bet, Still testing myself.

I'm using Deep Scan. At the moment with the discs I have put it through it is very fast!

Like I said on doom9, there should never be a reason to use Deep Scan unless you find a new protection that isn't handled by Very Fast or you find a bug. I'd personally leave it at defaults. I've not seen any issues other than the known issues already reported. Even Blade HoC works great!

In simple terms, it scans the disc and looks for signs of copy protection. If it finds any, then it scans all playable parts of the disc and makes them available. That way a ripper or compression program will only see parts of the disc that it can actually use and ignores the copy protection. Of course, that's the simplified explanation. It's a bit more complicated than that, but, that's the basic idea.

hmm might be a bit over-simplified there as i still don't get it! :clap:

so possibly its faster in some cases as it doesn't just decrypt the whole disc, if it doesn't need to (i.e. no protection) then it won't bother?

i dunno, any links to other explanations - doom9/cdfreaks or whatever?

so possibly its faster in some cases as it doesn't just decrypt the whole disc, if it doesn't need to (i.e. no protection) then it won't bother?

Ok, I'll take another stab at it. :)

When you insert a disc, it first looks to see if there are any signs of protection on the disc. If it finds any, then it activates the AI Scanner and scans all the titlesets on the disc. The playable titlesets are made available, the bogus (copy protection) titlesets are skipped. So, when you boot up CloneDVD, for instance, it shows only the valid titlesets that can be ripped. It won't be any faster than the heuristics engine that was previously used. The heuristics engine also knew what titlesets to ignore, but, it had to be tweaked every time a new variation of a protection came out. The AI Scanner should be smarter about it and not need to be updated as much.

Does that help at all?

The scanner scans the disc as it is inserted. What a stand alone dvd player would see and play is what will happen to your PC dvd drive so end results mean a playable playback of you backup There really isn't a simplest answer here as this answer still leaves questions. Oh and less updates needed per title too.

Just to post some info.....using AnyDVD 6.1.8.1 w/ deep scan on..

Wrong Turn 2: no prob.
Bug: no prob
Fracture: no prob
Lonley Hearts: no prob

the new version had zero problems and riped very fast!! Great work James and Peer:bowdown::agree:

What are the changes from 6.1.8.1 to 6.1.8.2? The changelog looks like the one from 6.1.8.1.

RipGuard issues that I ran into with Cars seems to be fixed. That's pretty sweet.

What issues did you have with Cars SamuriHL? I heard there were also problems with Madagascar which I own.

CloneDVD gave me the "Trying to repair disc structure" error and just hung when trying to rip the movie with it. It's fixed now. All is well.

Has anyone had a problem with excessive times when transcoding? I am using CloneDVD and the new Beta seems to have double my times. I might have my settings wrong but I left them on default. I was copying 28 Weeks Later and it took 27 minutes to transcode the "Move Only". Is this a AnyDvd problem or CloneDvd?

Last edited:
Back